Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

water in trunk, repair it for 5 bucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water in trunk, repair it for 5 bucks!

when i bought my cb7. it have a lot of water all around my spare tire.. i remove the rubber plug in the bottom of my trunk, and i start lookin at where this water come from, i found that come from the taillight seal that dont seal anymore...2 solution come to me, buy a new set of taillight gasket at the dealer at high cost, or lookin at a cheap way to fix it...

let's done it the cheap way!

i remove the taillight, remove the gasket... put some removable sillicone at the place of the gasket (one used to seal windows for cold winter in here, i think it's called ZIP) and finish the work with a line of this sillicone on the top of the taillight, just to make sure the rain water will flow out of the trunk and not in

i used removable scellant in case i will want to change my taillight.. just have to pull this out and it's done

it's work really great, no more water in my trunk, my sub is happy!

almost stock...

removeable silicone eh..where can you buy it

Comment

also, if you have any rust, it comes in from there.............

Comment

Originally posted by Mangudai
        removeable silicone eh..where can you buy it
        i buy it at walmart or any home renovation center like home depot or rona(dont think you get it in the us)

that stuff is used to put around windows to stop the cold air from outside... and its removable just by pulling it out (sometime little hard.. but its removable anyway)
        Last edited by nowkear; 06-22-2006, 06:19 PM.

almost stock...

Comment

is it that white clay type stuff that you press into window edges with your finger?

i used a thing of clear silicone, that worked well too. sealed the gaskets to the car, the tails to the gaskets

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

i'd rather just buy a new gasket, but that's me. later.
            Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
              i went to the parts dept to pick up new gaskets, and it just happened that some lady was picking up a single gasket for a 91 accord... she paid $22 for it, thats when i turned around and went home.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                i went to the parts dept to pick up new gaskets, and it just happened that some lady was picking up a single gasket for a 91 accord... she paid $22 for it, thats when i turned around and went home.
                LOL, money well spent. later.

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                  is it that white clay type stuff that you press into window edges with your finger?

i used a thing of clear silicone, that worked well too. sealed the gaskets to the car, the tails to the gaskets
                  no its like mono, in a tube working with a "mono gun" dont know how to say it

almost stock...

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                    it's your choice, i decided to do it like this because they are other thing more important i need to fix on my car, some little tricks like this permit other repair more important to be accomplish when your not rich

almost stock...

Comment

Originally posted by nowkear
                      it's your choice, i decided to do it like this because they are other thing more important i need to fix on my car, some little tricks like this permit other repair more important to be accomplish when your not rich
                      Just want to say i feel you man on the whole rich thing. Good luck with all the fixes

Comment

Originally posted by Tatersplz
                        Just want to say i feel you man on the whole rich thing. Good luck with all the fixes

almost stock...

Comment

who's rich? we all drive 15 year old hondas. later.

Comment

Shortly after I got my CB7 about 8 years ago I noticed moisture in the trunk. I bought new gaskets and it's been fine ever since. But I don't recall paying anything close to $22 apiece for them.

But even so, if you can fix a leak for several years for $50 or less that's not such a bad deal.

I had a '91 Civic with an additional problem --- water in the tails. After buying my third set tail light harnesses I finally took out the tails and drilled small holes along the bottom edge (where you couldn't see, and where water wouldn't come in). Fixed. Well, as far as anyone knew.
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Clear silicon sealant would do the trick.
                              edit* I am WAY behind.

Comment

Working...
                              X