How Hard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Hard?

what how well would a 300 watt amp hooked up to a 12" 1200 watt xplod hit? sorry for da question

What kind of box?
    And it wont hit too hard or sound too good either.

Comment

That's damn near impossible for us to tell you. It all depends on THE BOX mainly, quality of amp, songs played, cabin gain etc.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Accord_exR
        what how well would a 300 watt amp hooked up to a 12" 1200 watt xplod hit? sorry for da question
        well the xplods are 1200w max, and about 300wRMS..so if you had a 300wRMS amp, it would prolly pound pretty good, for a sony..but dont get sony, they suck..

Comment

to properly answer that question you need to provide for us what amp it is so that we can tell you if it really gives out 300 watts, what deck so that we can tell you how clean it will sound, and what wiring so that we know your using the proper guage for the amount of power, also what box so we can desifer what kind of "hit" you will get ...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

Originally posted by kapone
            to properly answer that question you need to provide for us what amp it is so that we can tell you if it really gives out 300 watts, what deck so that we can tell you how clean it will sound, and what wiring so that we know your using the proper guage for the amount of power, also what box so we can desifer what kind of "hit" you will get ...
            its "decipher"...and regardless of all of that, its still an xpold..they arent that loud..

Comment

mondo is right about the sonys.. they are not 1200w RMS.. and i would never run them anywhere near that much power..

if you provide us with the brand amp, RMS rating, Peak rating, type of box (sealed, bandpass, or vented), and headunit info we can give you a more accurate stab at the sound you will attain...

Comment

ok guys geez im a noob but here it is...

Sony XM-2200GTX

RMS Power Range : 2x200 Watts
                Maximum Power: 2x400 Watts

Sony Xplod 1100 Watt Max 10" Subwoofer, XS-L100P5W

10" Subwoofer
                1100 Watts Max
                300 Watts Continuous (RMS)
                Gold Plated Binding Posts

The Box is a 10" Sealed.

My Headunit is an AIWA CDC-X407
                \

hope this helps i know isnt a great system flame if u will its the first thing ive bought in regards to bass so...
                Last edited by Accord_exR; 02-14-2006, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Sony Xplod 1100 Watt Max 10" Subwoofer, XS-L100P5W:

10" Subwoofer
                  1100 Watts Max
                  300 Watts Continuous (RMS)
                  5-sided Polypropylene Cone for Lower Distortion, Louder & Deeper Bass
                  Stroke Stabilizer Rubber Surround
                  Single 4 ohm 6-layer Voice Coil
                  Gold Plated Binding Posts

Sony XM-2200GTX:
                  » 2-channel car amplifier
                  » 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
                  » 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
                  » low-pass crossover (50-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
                  » variable bass boost (0-10 dB at 40 Hz)
                  » MOSFET power supply and output stages
                  » Tri-way capable (Tri-Way Crossover required)
                  » CEA-2006 compliant
                  » preamp- and speaker-level inputs
                  » preamp outputs
                  » gold-plated connectors
                  » fuse rating: 40A x 2
                  » 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier

Sealed box for (1) 10" sub.... still need to know the size of the box but i have a thing against prefab boxes since i started to learn more about audio.

so your sub can handle 300w continuous and your amp can potentially put out 500w(4ohm mono stable @14.4v) meaning youll need at least 8ga (id use 4ga) wiring

it will sound good, not loud. theres a kid around here with the same sub but a larger amp in a CRX and his is not bad for a particle board made vented box.

its a great start, but ive learned that audio is a never ending mod.. i always seem to be upgrading to newer or better products.. good luck with the install and happy bumping

Comment

yeah, i dont agree with the sealed box...hes not going for SQ, he just wants the limited SPL that one 10" xplod will give...he needs to go ported

Comment

i would get a dif box but its the only one i can find w/o ordering on.. and cheap.. but iwould make one if i knew how and it wasnt very xpensive

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
                        its "decipher"...and regardless of all of that, its still an xpold..they arent that loud..
                        soory about the speeling it was never my strong point... you are right sony has never been a quality product when it comes to car audio...

In Need of an engine, just a basic f22a...pm me if you have one willing to part with.

Comment

but im buying the sub from walmart... if i blow it i can just exchange it fora new one...

Comment

sony sucks thats how hard it will hit

Comment

^^^what?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X