Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

H22 Vs H23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22 Vs H23

Hey guys wich one do you prefer?? I am really considering an H23 because its only $1k and the H22 is close to $2,300.00.. Plus i wouldn't have to add any wire right?? being i don't have V-Tec, i could be wrong but am i right?? Also you can boost an H23 fairly easy can't you?

Let me know what i should do guys..
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

well, you can boost a h22 fairly easily but tuning would be harder...so ive heard.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

ohh wow...you really need to search. If you are paying 2,300 for an h22 I hope that is shipped.

There are TONS of threads on this kind of thing, checked out the Swaps forum yet?
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

i prefer the h23, reasons being:

1) i'm not a big fan of vtec, and i am a loyal member to nonvtec.com, lol

2) its cheaper

3) for the money an H22 costs, I can get an H23, swap it in, and buy/make mods that will get me hanging with h22's.

4) you can still use the dsm turbo mani with the h23 w/o having to mess around with it too much, just redrilling the mounting holes, like you would anyways.

5) i like lower cr

6) im not too sure on this one, but I think that the sleeves on the H23 arent as *** as the ones in the h22, but I could be wrong, which i probably am.

but yea, i would choose h23 over h22 anyday, unless they were both free, then i would choose the h22, lol, but just cuz its faster.

-Jose

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
          6) im not too sure on this one, but I think that the sleeves on the H23 arent as *** as the ones in the h22

-Jose
          You are correct
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

on which part?lol, that they are better than the h22 sleeves, or that i am wrong about my thought?
            lol

-jose

Comment

this is exaclty what i put on your similar thread in the swaps subforum:

Originally posted by i'm the girl
              if you want to boost - go F22b - you're gonna pay as much as a grand less for it, and Vtec, imho isn't worth an extra grand - especially when you consider the fact that you can do what vtec does in essence, through other means - and i dont mean "there are other ways to open your valves longer," well there are, but im saying the end result of vtec is to allow more fuel/ air ito the cylinders for extra push when you need it... well there are other ways, like through ECU programming, to accomplish that same goal...

it's also a direct swap into our cars, plus the F-block is a better platform for turbo, seeing as though youre talking about boosting - AND when it comes to things like headers, intakes, and those sorts of external upgrades, you can still use H22 pieces, which is great since there's a better aftermarket for the H22 when it comes to performance upgrades - yes you start with a little less HP out the box on an F22b, but there are easy ways to regain that ground -

Honestly, the H22 is great for "out the box" comfort, but if you're serious about building, i'd stick with the F-series

And Yes, i am partial, but that's a result of painful amounts of research. Please, as I always say - search is your friend, esp. when it comes to a topic as covered as this one - well the H22, anyway - the F22b is a slightly less traveled territory, done yes, but not so much of the glamour and hype the H22 carries -

good luck , and keep us posted. if there's anything you CAN'T find by searching, we're here to help

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

on which part?lol, that they are better than the h22 sleeves, or that i am wrong about my thought?
                lol

-jose
                h22 sleeves blow nuts. As far as I'm concerned it's the weakest part of the engine. They used a composite metal sleeve as opposed to the super strong cast iron sleeves used in the f22's.
                The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7
                  h22 sleeves blow nuts. As far as I'm concerned it's the weakest part of the engine. They used a composite metal sleeve as opposed to the super strong cast iron sleeves used in the f22's.
                  YES! better sleeves + lower compression = better for boost.

throw in a bit of "hey this costs half as much" and well.... yeah you get my point

Comment

Originally posted by JDMcb7

o, I know that. I was just wondering if the h23 sleeves are as ***(crappy) as the h22 sleeves.

I know that the h22 sleeves are made from FRM, or is it RMF sleeves, one of em, and it sucks, lol, for boost at least.

-Jose

Comment

o, I know that. I was just wondering if the h23 sleeves are as ***(crappy) as the h22 sleeves.

I know that the h22 sleeves are made from FRM, or is it RMF sleeves, one of em, and it sucks, lol, for boost at least.

-Jose
                      See all that is too technical for a drunkard.

I'm pretty sure the h23 sleeves are cast, but I'm not 100%, perhaps someone with greater expertise in the h23 department could chime in?
                      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

-Jose
                        h-series internals should be the same as eachother - as f-series internals are, i mean as far as composite materials are concerned .. at least from what i understand

Comment

Originally posted by i'm the girl
                          h-series internals should be the same as eachother - as f-series internals are, i mean as far as composite materials are concerned .. at least from what i understand

yea, thats what i was thinking. I mean, they are basically the same block, except one is vtec enabled(dont know another word for it), but yea, all in all, H blocks suck for boost, stock that is.

-Jose

Comment

No bro your wrong its the sleeves and the ringlands that suck get it right my h22 head will be going on a f22 block by next week if im lucky. tuning is tuning,and last but not least less shit when boosting is a good thing.

Comment

just do a lot of research man like somelse said this has been discused a bunch of times, its so much more satisfing to find it ur self then to ask....for me, im just gona get the h22 and resleave it i think its worth the money for my turbo build cuz im lookin for some nice power....although if money becomes a huge issue i might look at the h23....i just <3 vtec so...

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X