Won't start sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't start sometimes

I've noticed that my car won't start sometimes...it will just crank. Not it doesn't happen often...but I did notice that it mostly happens when it is really hot outside.

It happen just today, when I got off work. My dad came to come check it out after about 20 minutes of trying to get it running...seeing as he knows alot more than me. He wanted to hear what it sounded like, so I turned the key, and the sheeet started....wtf, bawf son?

anyways...any suggestion?

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
    .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
    .::._____My Myspace______.::.

if it wont start when its hot out... its most likely your main relay... same thing happended to me... i ended up changing the fuel pump, fuel filter and dizzy before i figured it out

but yea the main relay is under the driverside dashboard

Comment

great thanks!! I'll check that out.

Buying Your Tan Interior Parts ( Click Here )
      .::.My Member's Ride Section.::.
      .::._____My Myspace______.::.

Comment

this is kinda wierd too

today for the first time, my mom tried to start the car but it didn't work.. (day time), she said it died out ..

so at night when she told me, i went out and started it, it was fine. i turned off and immediately started again, was okay. i didn't let it idle to see if it'd die out. what could it be? bad fuel clogging filter?

thanks
        hahahahah

Comment

should be the main relay. happens to me many times esp in summer after filled up the gas and i have changed three of them

Comment

Happened to me too i was going crazy, luckily my car got stuck at my dads job so i left it there and when i came back it started, i replaced the igniter at 1st since it was one of the symptoms that didnt do anything, then i took out my main relay * not as hard as the pics make it look* Took the cover off and noticed that some of the solder points looked weak and dry and one has a pin sized hole in the solder, so i resoldered it and no problems since its been about 2 weeks so far.

The cheapest i found a main relay for was like $33 on ebay but its not oem, the cheapest i found an oem one was like $50ish shipped. Theres a thread that tells you what to look for:

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/doity...l/bl_hmr_1.htm

There was another site but i cant seem to find it, good luck
            Last edited by icedplaya123; 08-09-2005, 07:57 AM.

My Cb bad, Cb bright and the cops can kiss my Cb lights - I’m gone!
            Frost White Member 13
            My Ride
            "Girls are like a new car... lease w/ option to buy"

Comment

Working...
            X