Check This Out Omni Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check This Out Omni Guys!!

HAHA so I was driving home about an hour ago and hit a SMALL bump in the road (go through this road every day) then I feel/hear the font drivers side wheel bottoming out..O SHYT..So only being a couple of blocks from my house I make it home, take the tire off and see this..

Just incase that picture doesnt come out, the bottom of the coilover just like ripped right off so my tire can just be moved up and down freely . I have only had these for 3 months so I better be getting a replacement because thats some manufacture defect or something. I just contacted Omnipower USA directly and am waiting on a response. No driving for me for probably a good 2 weeks.

that sucks dude i would def. make sure u get a replacement from them

Comment

WOW Unbelievable, well best of luck, lets see how they handle it. hopefully this is a defect on some of them. but eeek. insert shamless plug here -tein-
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

sorry to hear that man. mine have been holding up great and we have some shitty freeways around here. hopefully you can get in touch with steve... he's a good guy.

Comment

I hope that happens on my cb7, that them punks took from me.

Comment

Originally posted by SoySauceCb7
            WOW Unbelievable, well best of luck, lets see how they handle it. hopefully this is a defect on some of them. but eeek. insert shamless plug here -tein-
            Yeah, no shit! Glad I spent the Extra doe!!! P.S TEIN'S ARE THE SHIT!!!
            BTW: That fuggin sucks cock, I'd send them back and get your money!!!
            Automotive Service and Fabrication In SOCAL!! https://www.facebook.com/JLRFAB

Comment

Kind of resolved..

Well I just got off the phone with Bob from omni and he said that shyt happened because the shop that put them in for me didn't preload the spring first which puts all the pressure on that bottom part(which also happends to be the weakest part..lol) He is sending me out a new one even though the defect probably occured due to installation error >> decent of them..lol, but if it happends again they can't do anything for me which is understandable. Scary thing is that since the shop more then likely installed them all the same way that shyt could have happened to the other three..So now I have to go and make sure the other three are preloaded and when this new one arrives I am putting that shyt in myself. I can't understand how a PERFORMANCE shop can't even correctly install coilovers. Anyways assuming that the piece broke due to incorrect installation, feel free to use my picture as proof of how lazy some shops can be..can't even preload a damn spring..lol..DAMNIT..Well I will update you guys when I get my car on the road again..

Comment

hey man sorry to break it to ya, but preloading or not the bottom of the shock has nothing to do with it. preloading is simply compressing the spring between the percha nd top mount to insure that the top mount is properly setup. sounds like omniis spitting false statements. and you dam well know that if THERE WAS A SPECIAL WAY TO INSTALL THEM, it should of been announced in the instructions. anyways best of luck

Comment

yea preload was easy, oncei understood what i needed to do. but i even went around to some shops and asked just to make sure i was understanding the procedure correctly and none of them knew what i was talking about.. they said... "you need a machine to compress the spring to install them" which i replied with "the springs are already mounted on the shocks." then they scratched their heads and said then what are you asking about again.

Comment

hey man sorry to break it to ya, but preloading or not the bottom of the shock has nothing to do with it. preloading is simply compressing the spring between the percha nd top mount to insure that the top mount is properly setup. sounds like omniis spitting false statements. and you dam well know that if THERE WAS A SPECIAL WAY TO INSTALL THEM, it should of been announced in the instructions. anyways best of luck
                    Thanks for the info man, but all I can do it go by what they tell me right? All I care about it that they are sending me a new one, but I really have to make sure the other ones are installed (preloaded and all) correctly because if this shyt happends again I am screwed.

Comment

definatly, umm if you need anything you know where to post. and preloading is nothing more than compressing the spring with a spring compressor then assembling the perches and topmount. then unlaoding them. another way of doing this is to lower the perch to the bottom and after installing the top mount just rasi the perches. anywasy best of luck and your freaking lucky you werent racing

Comment

definatly, umm if you need anything you know where to post. and preloading is nothing more than compressing the spring with a spring compressor then assembling the perches and topmount. then unlaoding them. another way of doing this is to lower the perch to the bottom and after installing the top mount just rasi the perches. anywasy best of luck and your freaking lucky you werent racing
                        just read the instructions on how to preload the coilovers, it's easy, and for omnipowers this statement is incorrect. btw, i have recieved a replacement coilover due to a locknut seizing up. they'll take care of you.
                        I hate thieves!

Comment

glad you're ok. damn that's scary.

I dunno. I love the idea of coilovers and all, but they just scare the shit outta me. Much like anchor bolt camber kits.

I don't really trust either.

My members ride thread

Comment

wtf have u been flip?

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

good luck on the the setup when it comes.

nice sig wikked but wheres my name

Comment

Working...
                              X