Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building an F22A4/H23 for a Turbo Setup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building an F22A4/H23 for a Turbo Setup.

Okay Guys,
    Thanks to help from your own Wikked, I am building up an F22A/H23 Hybrid. I just got the block back from the machine shop getting it re-honed as it was left sitting for a little bit after the machine work was done before. I will update this thread with more pics as I move further along in the assembly process and then when it comes to install time I will try to get some pics as I am not the owner, just doing the assembly work and helping the owner along the way with info, like he needs bigger injectors if he wants this thing to work. 310's aren't gonna cut it with a T3. Enough of the talk and on to the pics.

PICS OF THE BLOCK

PICS OF THE LOW COMPRESSION PISTONS

PICS OF THE RODS (STOCK and EAGLE)

ARP HEAD STUDS FOR H23

Comment

LIGHTWEIGHT CRANK PULLEY

Comment

on the rods... What motor are they for? I have been looking for eagle rods for the F22a but have not been able to find them. so what info did you use when ordering them?
        "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
        sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
        Did work for: jhoff_cb7
        Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

very nice man! everything looks so....so....beefy nice to see a build up, while still bein married

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Thats beautiful, post more pics of the build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Wow! Great pictures, great project! I can't wait to see more of them! I see you have the always controversial lightweight crank pulley! Great work

Dan

There's that block coolant drain bolt that I couldn't get unfrozen on my engine!

Comment

h23 rods are the same as f22 so just buy h23 rods
                F22A1:blew up
                F22A1/H22:blew up
                F22A6/H22: " "
                F22A4/H22: " "
                H23A1 boosted:blew up
                H23A1:traded
                H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
                FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

Comment

All of these parts were given to me to assemble. The owner seems to have done some homework but there were a few things that Wikked has helped me sort out. I need the torque specs for these 2 motors if anyone has them. Thanks. Crank is installed and waiting to be torqued down.

Comment

nice... i'm going the same f22/h23-t setup.... but you get to build this one up...

SOLD!

Comment

YUSSS!!!!! hit me up on AIM.!!! woot.. i cant wait to see this thing up close..

please tell ur boy no 310cc's hahaha

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yea, thats tight man, cant wait till this thing is up and running, how much u plan on boosting?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

I believe the plan is to boost 18 PSI on this motor but we'll see what we can dial it in to. Just picked up the Clevite rod bearings for the motor so I am just waiting on the H23 timing gear and then I'll have all the parts needed for this. Still searching for the torque specs. . . The owner has sourced a set of 550's for this setup, he traded his 310's for them with someone running bolt on's and 550's on a prelude. Either way, at least we've got the fuel taken care of now.
                          Last edited by Fast420A; 06-25-2005, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Wussup everyone! im the guy he's doing the build for, i've been reasearching this swap for a while and have alot of info on this so if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask. I just wish that i was a lil more mechanically inclined i would have done this along time ago. Thanks again Kyle for all the work.

Comment

UPDATE!!!! Finally....heheh

OKAY GUYS, It's been a little bit but here's an update on the engine.

PISTON AND ROD COMBO

BLOCK GUARD AND PISTONS INSTALLED

F22 AND H23 TIMING GEARS. H23 IS THE SMALLER ONE NEEDED FOR THIS HYBRID MOTOR.

Now I just need to get the balance shaft assembly back together and then it's time to strap on the head. More pics to come.

Comment

Working...
                              X