Low oil pressure when braking/turning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low oil pressure when braking/turning?

The light comes on when I brake kind of hard or turn right kind of hard...I'm due for a change soon, is that all that is wrong w/my car?

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

check the oil level.

Comment

Is it normal for our cars to burn/leak oil?

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

as they get older, im sure they will. I have been told that h22's burn some when you are beating it up.. not sure if I have noticed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
          Is it normal for our cars to burn/leak oil?
          [Sarcasm]No. Old, worn seals should NEVER leak oil. [/Sarcasm]

Is your exhaust smoking? If not, check your engine bay for grimy spots, especially under your distributor and around the bottom of your timing belt cover. Most likely the distributor seal and camshaft seal are leaking and your way low on oil.

"Sticker this, censor this, ban this
          We got something to say!
          Police this, condemn this, damn this
          We'll be heard anyway!
          Middle finger is the flag that I wave when I'm silenced!" - MuDvAyNe, "Silenced"

Comment

it shouldn't burn up to a point where your light is turning on. that means that you have a major leak or the motor is burning oil abnormally. usually i just burn up about less than a quart and i have about 210k miles on my motor. that's every 3000 miles, which is when you should be doing your oil changes.
            1cor10:31
            - 92 LX coupe
            - 96 EX wagon (sold)

Comment

You have got to be fucking kidding me! Your oil ilght has been comming on and you havn't stopped to check or add oil???!!! Dude, you are on the very brink of extreme internal engine damage. If the light is coming on when braking or turning that means you are EXTREMELY low on oil. Change your oil on time, and check it regularlly and add as necessary. if you are losing a good deal of oil between oil change intervals, then you need to find the source of the problem, i.e. checking over for leaks, and doing a compression test to see what kind of condition the rings are in.
              00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Mrhonda... my h22 will sometimes do the same thing when making sweeping left turns. Other than that its fine. Oil level is fine. And also, the oil light will come on for a second, but then it blinks, which I thought it wasnt supposed to be even able to blink.

Its kinda getting annoying, it hasnt happened for a few months and then it just did again today. I checked oil level, and its fine.

Comment

Originally posted by aero3685
                  Mrhonda... my h22 will sometimes do the same thing when making sweeping left turns. Other than that its fine. Oil level is fine. And also, the oil light will come on for a second, but then it blinks, which I thought it wasnt supposed to be even able to blink.

Its kinda getting annoying, it hasnt happened for a few months and then it just did again today. I checked oil level, and its fine.
                  In hard cornering such as in autocross or something yes, sometimes the oil will slosh away from the pickup for a second and the oil light may flicker. But normal driving conditons such as just turning corners or braking....NO.
                  00 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7 V8 4X4

92 Honda Accord LX

95 Honda Civic CX

Comment

Originally posted by mrhonda
                    In hard cornering such as in autocross or something yes, sometimes the oil will slosh away from the pickup for a second and the oil light may flicker. But normal driving conditons such as just turning corners or braking....NO.
                    Yeah, its not totally granny street driving, but a quick left turn, it'll do it. The weird thing is it only does it at the post office entrance.. off of the road, you have to kinda turn left and keep turning left all the way to the parking lot.

I am not sure what it could be... Does lucas make a good oil system cleaner? Maybe stuff is gummed up. I was thinking the pickup could be dirty, just dont wanna take off that stupid ass pan for the 18th time. Or should I say downpipe to get to the pan.

edit: I know I have done and do left turns faster and harder than that with no problem.. maybe the post office radio waves...

It did it once when I was tuning with jose... he didnt think oil lights ever blinked. But mine will blink until you turn it off, then it'll shut up.

I am lookin for a gauge now, so i'll have something to go by. I might have to just buy a new pickup, then run a nice nasty cleaner through right before my oil change, drop the pan and swap out the pickup.
                    Last edited by aero; 05-31-2005, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X