Help with door trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with door trim

I waxed my car a will ago and accidently touched the wax on the black door trim. I wiped it away but it stained. I tried to put armoral on it but it only works for awhile. Does anyone know how to get the stains off.

Handwash with some sort of dish soap, then dry and spray with trim shine, found at your local auto store.
    -Jay

Comment

I hear using smooth peanut butter (lightly spreading it on waiting several minutes then removing) on the affected area first will soak up and remove the extra wax. Then after cleaning the area, try using a water-based dressing--they stay on much longer.

Personally I use:
      http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11173
      '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
      EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

from my experience i would use tire shine. I use the meguires hot tire shine and it makes it look like brand new and stays on a lot longer.
        The CB9 has been reborn into a CB3
        Members Ride - see my cb3 here - DOHC powah
        Check out my JDM F22B swap
        Watch my CB7 video

Comment

remove it easily with a meduim bristle tooth brush and a soapy solution. ....works everytime for me.
          [deevergote]" It's not the car that makes the ricer... it's the ricer that ruins the car!"

Comment

Use peanut butter, just get a little bit and rub it in then wipe off the excess.

Comment

Yeah, first step is to tape off those trimming that will show if you hit them, second is toothbrush or any fine bristled tool, and some times a clay bar will work, and last you can just spend the rest of your cars life spreading the tire shine on that trimming.

Comment

sounds like we all got our ways fellas! b4 i got sprayed i used trim shine, it worked allright, not the best i am sure but hey, do what ya want!

Check Out My Car

Comment

Working...
                X