Im new to the accord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im new to the accord

ok well i've been into DSM's for a while and my tranny is going on it and i think it would just be cheaper to get a different car with a manual since it was an automatic. i've been looking into the 4th gen accords becuse they look pretty cool and they have more power then my stupid 1.8l eclipse. i've been seeing them alot around latly and im really getting into them and i want to knwo about them and there performance and if i were to get one which one to look for. so if anyone could just post some stuff on them even though its probaly all been posted before it would be a great help. i'd like to know if you can turbo these easly cuz the 1.8l eclipse only 3 people have it doen right now. and are there cheap mods for them. thanks for any help

There are plenty of options for our cb7s, there are many successfully daily driven turboed cbs on here, some with kits, some with hand picked parts. One of our members was selling kits not sure if hes still doing that. some of these guys are putting down 400+ whp. the best thing to do is search through members rides.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
      There are plenty of options for our cb7s, there are many successfully daily driven turboed cbs on here, some with kits, some with hand picked parts. One of our members was selling kits not sure if hes still doing that. some of these guys are putting down 400+ whp. the best thing to do is search through members rides.

yep accord r33s seling kits

Comment

Originally posted by blahhhhhhh
        yep accord r33s seling kits

yeahhh, get a cb7, there easy to work on and there ARE tons of modifications you can do! and bump for eric cause after hearing his turbo, i thuink i want one too!!
        Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Agreed! Very good cars, so dependable and they go forever. Unbuilt stock f22a can be boosted right off the bat and can be still dependable if done rightly. So many options. You won't regret buying one!

Comment

Boosted F22A (the stock Accord motor) is a good choice, but if you want reliability, I would stay away from that. For $800 or so, you can have a 160hp F22B DOHC (Japanese motor). For $2400 (maybe less, but I'd pay more for the peace of mind... hell, I did!) you can get a JDM H22A (Prelude motor, 200hp). The H22A swap in particular will make your car fun to drive, and still retain stock reliability. $2400 sounds like a lot of money, but if you think about it, adding enough mods (other than turbo) to make that kind of power from a 125-140hp motor would cost much more!

There are MANY options for the CB7. It shares the same spring/shock setup as the 5th gen model, so there are lots of choices there (the 5th gen has a better aftermarket...).

To check out some of the results of modified CB7s, check out our racing forum. There are some unrealistic stories in there, but there are a few gems. Look for 2point6 (monstrous NA H22), theone (boosted F22, gutted), h22sparkle (boosted H22), Fearit22 (nitrous F22), and Midnite Racer X (boosted F22).

Hondafan81 is working on a NA F22A build, but it's not far enough along to see any results yet. I know it will be incredible when it's done though!

Comment

dont forget accord r33 deev!

Comment

ok so if i were to get one what kind would i look for i know 90-93 but like ex lx umm i duno what others there are but i found a 1992 lx auto though and its got i think 187k on it, some rust spots, engine kinda dirty, and its $2950 what you think? i want a manual really bad and i don't want to do a conversion but i duno how hard they are to come by let me know what ya think oh and there was a 1990 prelude si auto there to for $3950 i think anyone have anythign to say about them it had only 54k on it i think it might have been rolled maybe just realy good care i don't know
                Last edited by TunerErix06; 04-18-2005, 09:54 PM.

Comment

You could do what I did..I had an LX and I swapped an a6 motor from an EX and put it in..changed ECUs and I was running around at 130mph with no limiter..theres alot to learn from this site and Ive learned alot being here nearly 2 years.

All I did was run 93 octane half the time some people thought it was suicide..but hey I did it anyway regardless.
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordexcoupe
                    dont forget accord r33 deev!
                    He never posted in the racing forum, I don't think! But yeah, he is a good example of someone with a kickass car. Mild turbo, but still making more than H22 power.

Comment

Originally posted by TunerErix06
                      ok so if i were to get one what kind would i look for i know 90-93 but like ex lx umm i duno what others there are but i found a 1992 lx auto though and its got i think 187k on it, some rust spots, engine kinda dirty, and its $2950 what you think? i want a manual really bad and i don't want to do a conversion but i duno how hard they are to come by let me know what ya think oh and there was a 1990 prelude si auto there to for $3950 i think anyone have anythign to say about them it had only 54k on it i think it might have been rolled maybe just realy good care i don't know
                      The EX is the top of the line... more power, more features, more weight. The LX is the midrange. No sunroof, no ABS, but power windows and locks. The DX is the base model. Same motor as the LX, but no power windows, locks, or cruise control. All 3 have their ups and downs. I prefer the LX, since it's a good mix of light weight and luxury. Depending on where you look, $3000 can get you a really good car. It may take time though. That one you mentioned sounds a little pricey for the condition... of course, that depends on where you live. Some regions have higher prices on these cars.

The Prelude sounds pretty good... However, the aftermarket support for that model is very limited. You CAN do some good things with it, but it's more work than it's worth, IMO. Lots of custom stuff to do there!

Comment

oh ok so the ex is the top some reason i thought the lx was. i was looking on some site and i saw somethign about a se??? i think i duno. but how much power difference is there between the ex and lx? and which do you think would be easier to find?

Comment

These are the Follow power ratings and engine codes:
                          92-93 Ex has 140Hp F22A6
                          90-93 LX has 125Hp F22A1
                          90-91 EX has 130Hp F22A4
                          90-93 DX Has 125Hp F22A1
                          91 and 93 SE have 140Hp F22A6

Comment

thanx that helped a lot

Comment

wtf i have a moon roof on my ex...... but welcome. i also live in ohio where is vermiilion?

used condoms? wtf

Comment

Working...
                              X