Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

short ram intake vs cold air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short ram intake vs cold air intake

Which one is better for performance gains?
    my 91 cb7
    Originally posted by 4doorfury
    I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

do a search man. Either intake you choose you wont be disappointed. There are so many threads on this on going debate.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

only one i found was the injen vs aem
      my 91 cb7
      I swear, if I hit a raccoon I'll just keep pushing him, there's no way he's going to fit underneath the car

Comment

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_169987/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
        http://www.v6performance.net/reviews...php?product=17

Comment

GOOD ONE = http://www.domestictunerz.com/lofive...hp?t13150.html

Read it all, don't cheap out

Comment

full cold air intake is the best.............short ram intakes collect heat off the engine........and we all know heat=loss in HP.........cold air=yummy HP

Midwest car club

Current rides:
            91 accord lx (5spd)
            92 accord lx (5spd)
            93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

panty hose over the stock air box works wonders
              My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

cold air = bad for daily driving :: short ram = pwn for daily..IMO

i wouldnt do cold air, due to the fact or sucking up water..bypass doesnt always work....i would run short ram for daily, and slap on the rest of the piping for track use and what not.

^sold

Comment

man, next time i get tuned i wanna tune with the cai on, and then change it to shortram, just to see what the difference is. im sure its not, but the shortram feels faster. but im assuming thats only cause you get better throttle response, so its making the car feel torque-ier... and of course the car sounds meaner since the filter is is relocated closer.

Comment

tracks = CAI duh..
                    daily = STOCK BOX MOD, or K&N DROP IN, or make ur own, or STOCK !!
                    hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by 92CB7accord
                      full cold air intake is the best.............short ram intakes collect heat off the engine........and we all know heat=loss in HP.........cold air=yummy HP
                      well since i put my short ram with a shitty filter the car drives much better. and its true what they say about throttle response.
                      hot air doesn't necessary mean u losing power.
                      it all falls to what the guy likes. u won't have any increase with both intakes. just a better air flow. the engine won't strugle as much for air....
                      are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

i'll sell you an AEM intake for $90

:runs to find AEM stickers for old ebay intake:

Comment

hey thanks guys. I think I'm gonna buy a short ram off ebay. Its for driving to school and stuff. Then I'll just buy a K&N filter.
                          my 91 cb7

Comment

I've honestly never seen documented dyno's of short vs. cai, I would like to believe the CAI works best due to the fact that I own one, and that cold air should mean more power. However, I think its the fact that's the way it's bent, and the fact that the air is slightly colder outside the engine bay, that gives you more gains in the mid-upper. Not entirely sure, but I have been thinking about an injen short ram just because the cai is a dirt collector for me.
                            My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Whether you have an intake or not probably won't effect much of your HP in my opinion. They make K&N drop-in filters for the OEM box, made out of the same stuff AEM uses. Save your money, get the K&N OEM replacement or DIY (ebay intake + K&N or AEM universal filter). The one big thing about intakes is that they make a cool WOT sound...lol...makes ya feel faster!

*i drive a Vigor, but I have this weird sense of kinship towards CB7's
                              *project EF sohc turbo beast in the works

Comment

Working...
                              X