My CB7 got broken into and there's something you need to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My CB7 got broken into and there's something you need to know

This morning I got a call from the campus police letting me know they were worried about my car because its trunk was open. I ran outside to find my sub, box, amp, toolkit, and roadside emergency kit missing. In all, it will cost me about $600 to replace these items.

The scary thing is this: I have always used that trunk lock feature to lock my trunk just in case someone does get into the car. Well, what I found out today was, with a screwdriver and a malicious mind, you can bypass the lock:

They ripped the box out of the trunk, tearing the carpet, the wires, and destroying the metal brace I had designed to keep the box stationary while driving:

They also tried to get into my glovebox, but thankfully that lock held. They did, however, break the handle, and I am still trying to figure out how to open the glovebox.

Please remember not to "play where you park," and always remember that your car is only as safe as the smartest thief out there.
    Last edited by NinjaPwrdAccord; 03-21-2005, 04:04 PM.

And the ninjas had sweet victory, and there was much rejoicing.

that sucks major tail

but if you have comprehensive coverage on your insurance that shit should be covered .. and comprehensive claims don't normally count towards your premium

good luck

breathing is deadly underwater...

Comment

dude that really really sucks, those locks are only so good, i could break into the car with less damage, an any car at that...that does blow though, i lock everything in mine also, even if im parked for only 5 minutes, but i get as close as i can, or near somewhere where its easily seen, im always paranoid about my car, i check the doors like 5 times before i leave it alone, check to see if everything is locked, in park, everything is closed, i take every precaution lol...but yeah, sense theglove box is already a gonner, jam a flat head where the handle was, it shouldnt be to hard to get the handle to unlock...but damn i hate thieves, if i were to ever see someone near my car i would go nuts, i cant stand anyone walking next to it, alone someone breaking into it...but atleast it was things you can replace, and they didnt take the car, and not too much damage was inflicted.

^sold

Comment

damn man sorry for the breakin..I think someone should bring back public hanging for thieves...

its like nothing in the world. definition of relaxation.

Comment

If I ever find someone stealing/damaging/etc.. my car, I'll probably go to jail for a LONG time. I've put too much effort into that thing to have someone mess with it!

At least they didn't steal your whole car. Parts are replacable... replacing a car is never the same.

Comment

jesus christ, that sucks. thats like permanent damage.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

at least you still got a car you kno?
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Hunt them down and cut their balls off
                ProjectParty.net
                Putting an end to the question, "What's going on tonight?"

"This generation has this universal sense of failure" - Kurt D. Cobain

CLUB 1320

My FOR SALE thread...buy my ish

Comment

after my car got broken into the 2nd time... i decided to do somthing about the trunk... i just undid the little butterfly cable from the latch in the trunk so the only way to open it is w/ the key. thank god nothing was jacked out of the trunk tho. didnt have anything. only had the sub wires...

Comment

hey man i know how u feel that shit happened to me a long time ago i was so pissed! but i didnt use the trunk lock feature! they just got in the car and popped the trunk! i was so pissed! that is why i dont have my accord anymore! but i planning on buy one again! i miss the 4th gens!
                    " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Comment

Dude if you find out who it was I will personally deliver them a beating for you, that's messed up.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                      where you been, is something wrong?
                      i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Yea same thing happened to mine, they jacked my whole system...I'm back to fucking stock and out of about 10 bootleg cd's I stayed bumping, so now I have to trek to the 'hood' again to get them back. Sucks. My trunk was locked too, and they didn't even break it; they just pulled on it hard enough that it opened and they had a new system. For my next system, I plan on getting rid of the trunk latch by the front seat and the back seat latch in the trunk, and doing one of the following:

-Chain the box to the back seat latches at the base of the seat; I'll need to figure out how not to short them as that's my grounding point
                        or
                        -Chain the box to the strut towers.
                        or
                        -Screw the box to a heavy weighted board that can't be moved from the trunk with the box on it, or have some complicated system to get the box out, like screwing the box to the board from insidethe box, etc...

The best thing I can think of to secure a box would be to pass a strut bar THROUGH the box, and get some weird screws to secure the subs with. In any case you gotta secure your shit, our cars are like convertibles.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                        X