Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Polishing chrome PAINT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polishing chrome PAINT?

Do you guys think it is possible or if there is a way to polish chrome spray paint? Like:

Usually it comes out duller then whats actually on the cap.

^MRT^

Not really. If you polish it you end it just removing it.
    wat?

Comment

There is no such thing as "chrome" in a spray can. Chroming is done over a process of "dipping" parts in a sequence of baths like acid wash, nickel, and chrome. It's a plating that is applied using a combination of positive and negative charges to attract the plating to the part.

There are companies that make a professional grade spray products that allow you to achieve a "chrome" look, which I've seen pictures of on high end Italian cars in Dubai. There's a lot to the process though, and if you don't have the right equipment you cannot do it. It's also expensive.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

closest you will be able to get is if you put a few good coats of clear over it then buff and polish the clear.

Comment

Originally posted by AHHVTEC View Post
          closest you will be able to get is if you put a few good coats of clear over it then buff and polish the clear.
          Man has a point. Chrome in a can does not work, EVER.

Comment

It's just really shiny silver.

Comment

It also helps when you use the right base coat to get the paint to pop!

Comment

yeah just put some coats of clear.. it will look nice..

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=189707

Comment

there is a paint thats chrome saw it on east coast customs its two parts but looks just like chrome plated and you can put it on anything hard

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
                    It's just really shiny silver.
                    i agree with mike, look really not like the cap... this look silver....

Comment

Why not just polish whatever it is you are trying to make look like that spray can cap?
                      H23A-powered CB7 coming soon.....

Comment

why try to make garbage like that...

this is what i have do on my car:

these 4 pieces,i have almost put 20hours of polishing for all...

this look like chrome, but i think is better because is hand made...

this is the cheap way to geat great result....

euh... i know metal radiator pin are metal not aluminum, so i have clearcoat them...

look like a charm...

if you want great result, you have lot of patience do it, otherwise go to a shop and make chrome bath on it.

before:

AFTER:

Last edited by WhiteShift; 04-25-2012, 09:44 PM.

Comment

they have places that do the real chrome paint like they did with the crx on pimp my ride a long time ago. for plastic parts or non removable metal parts, thats your only option. for metal parts you have to get it either nickle plated or chrome plated for it to look anything worth talking about.
                          frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Working...
                          X