J30A1 - 3.0L V6 VTEC anybody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J30A1 - 3.0L V6 VTEC anybody?

... alright im not planning on doing this til next year or so... my husband's 98 LX will be undergoing a 3.2 TL conversion and we're going to have nothing to do with his stock motor

I think i want to drop it into my cb7, but I'm not sure -- just wondering if anyone knows if it's been done before... I know it will fit, I'm just wondering if it's been done or if anyone has tips/ thoughts

--thanks
    Hell yeah, keep us posted!
    81.25%
    Don't waste your time.
    18.75%

breathing is deadly underwater...

haha second funiest thread ever!
    H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Anything can be done with the right amount of money. Hell..I;ve seen a NSX motor in a civic!

Comment

and we've all seen that rwd 4 door v6 legend motor civic..boosted =\
        so keep ur head up and do it with the millions u have!
        1st Car 1990 Accord Ex-R*Dead // Tow Truck
        2nd Car 1992 Integra Gs*Dead // Tree//Water
        3rd Car 1992 Accord Ex-R // Keepin For EVER!!

Comment

Originally posted by phatdoughnut
          haha second funiest thread ever!
          well aren't you helpful

Comment

Originally posted by h22a_4thGen
            it won't take millions... but money won't be an issue at that point

anyway guys - i've heard its been done before i'm just wondering if anyone has a link or something of substance to help me out thanks

Comment

Originally posted by h22a_4thGen
              it won't take millions... but money won't be an issue at that point

anyway guys - i've heard its been done before i'm just wondering if anyone has a link or something of substance to help me out thanks

Comment

just buy a c6 at the point you spend more money than an h22 swap or turbo, its not worth it anymore, that is where i throw in the towel.

Comment

Originally posted by fizzbob7
                  i've never heard of it being done, only the idea being kicked around....it's a pointless swap with a non-performance engine........you may see pointless swaps with nice engines, but rarely this case.......one off f20c civics, or 350 v8 accords, etc.............when you can drop an h22a in there for basically the cost of the motor, why go with something less performance oriented that will require some hacking
                  Originally posted by phatdoghnut
                  just buy a c6 at the point you spend more money than an h22 swap or turbo, its not worth it anymore, that is where i throw in the towel.
                  thanks guys - probably the first two well-supported oppositions to the idea

...I've been told that it has been done but I have never actually been shown proof. It's just a curiosity of mine since we'll have the motor lying around anyway

Comment

thats almost as crazy as my K20 idea? Right on!!
                    Euro R - 97 prelude

:0 dyno' results

JUN ECU - 174HP 143TQ stock

Totoro squad # 3

Comment

There WAS a picture of a civic with a v6 in it, and yeah they had to do alot of shit to it to make it work!

Comment

I'm sure it can be done with the right shop. I think your best bet is to try and find the shop you're going to have do the conversion and ask them. It'll require massive amounts of re-wiring, and custom motor mounts. I dont know about the accord engine, but the TL engine sits in the engine bay pretty compact. It doesn't look like it takes up too much more space then an h22, I'm sure it'll fit under the hood. It's a matter of finding a shop willing to tackle the task..
                        --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

OK... a civic's engine bay is smaller than an accord's from what I know - so if you could shoehorn a v6 into that, then it hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue

p.s. I am the shop... I'm trying my best to get the resources/ plans to do this without having to subcontract the work - since I have the tools and garage space, etc... I'm going to measure the J block as soon as the car comes back this afternoon, but just on eyeing it, it seems like it will fit... of course that will be new wiring, most likely custom mounts, and a better suspension for weight reasons

I also plan on not running any a/c (it doesn't work right now anyway) so that should maybe free up a little space in the bay (?)

Comment

did i mention they pretty much had to cut out the engine bay and re design it to make it fit?

Comment

my question is why not sell the cb7 and buy a 2nd gen legend? look simmilar to a cb7, buy rolls a v6, or do a 1st gen w/ the 2.7 (correct?). alot less money and no work.
                              oh and please don't ask about the nsx head swap....

Comment

Working...
                              X