It's Alive.......h22a/f22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Alive.......h22a/f22a1

after fighting with myself for about 2 months of what to do to my h22 i picked up i warped the head on my f22 and blew the head gasket after running it hot so i thought why not do what my local honda shop said couldn't be done put an h22 head on a f22a1 block after a week of almost losing my wife to my car me and one of my buddies enjoyed the fruits of our labor by listing to the monster breath so far so good no leaks no problems VTEC WORKS GREAT oh yea by the way H23accord i agree fully its worth it and mad ups to everyone who helped and posted any info on the web that helped out ill post up some pics as soon as my wife lets me out the dog house and i can get the camera
    F22A1:blew up
    F22A1/H22:blew up
    F22A6/H22: " "
    F22A4/H22: " "
    H23A1 boosted:blew up
    H23A1:traded
    H23A1/H22 built:still in progress (getting my feet wet)

drive it like you stole it
    FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB)

what all did you have to change out for that? it bolts right up to the block? man, i guess you do learn new things everyday....
    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
    4.0L I-6 2WD
    293k miles, still running strong.
    Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

I'll say it first... DYNO! DYNO! DYNO!

Bart: What's your name?
      Jim: Well, my name is Jim, but most people call me... Jim.

Comment

Yeah i would definitly boost it.

Comment

we need more details on this!
          Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
          The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

you bastard... you fucking bastard.. meh.. u beat me to it.. i guess ill be hitting u up.. just to see what u ran into.. although i dont foresee anything stupid.. ive ran through this way too many times and talked to the few that have done it...

hows the torque

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

the details are as follows ......
              things you need.....
              h22 head (complete intake manifold,distributer......and so on)
              ecu for h22
              h22 timing gear
              h22 water pump gear
              h22 exhaust manifold
              custom hard water pipe (have heard you can use the h23 therm housing and f22a1 hard water pipe but not sure)
              h22 timing belt
              f23 head gasket
              h22 intake gasket.......hell just get all the gaskets for the H except for the head
              3 peices of wire about 5 foot long and 2 plugs for the VTEC solinoid and pressure switch
              and wouldnt be a bad idea to put new bearings in the bottom end(first hand experience)
              a friend
              beer
              patience
              time
              understanding wife or girlfriend
              and some kind of service manual

thats about it i think as far as what you need the rest is just like a normal head job there is some mods you have to do to the head there are two oil returns you have to seal off and of course you have to run the wires for your VTEC but thats not hard ill post which pins on the ecu you need at a later time if anyone intrested and as for the water pump i hope you know someone with or that works at a machine shop you have to remove the gear off of the
              H water pump and press it back on the F pump now one last thing is the power steering pump you can use the F bracket but you have to shime it and it only has 2 bolts in it know and youll need to take the old belt to your local parts house and get one a little longer for the H head is a little taller and be careful when you close your hood and i think thats about it ..........im not saying you want have to make a wire longer or do some bending and twisting here and there but dont let that scare you away.........if anything seems amiss or dont sound right i assure you it is this swap will work just be patient if you try it i promise you ,you will a couple of times and you will curse but its worth it in the end when you consider i only have about 300-350 dollars in this swap............boost is coming the header is already on the car waiting on a wastegate accuater........anyway GOOD LUCK and ill be glad to help when possible if anyones intrested
              Attached Files
              Last edited by shadetreecustom; 03-12-2005, 02:39 AM.

Comment

im so friggin jealous......not fair not fair at all.........
                1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                4.0L I-6 2WD
                293k miles, still running strong.
                Freshly rebuilt transmission.

Comment

So tell us, how does it feel? I'm very interested in doing something like this.
                  Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
                  The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

AWESOME! We can initiate another member into the Frankenstein CB7 family! Mad props bro. Thanks for posting your list of parts. Your parts list is basically what we used on my Frank' as well. Wikked and I have been too busy lately to post up more info on the H23Vtec Frank. Congratulations on all your hard work and showing the doubters that it can be done!
                    "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

it feels GREAT loads of torque one of my club members has a full H swap he rode last night with me and was shocked to see how strong it was .........also he has the lude tranny so its got real short gears so after the VTEC crossover the shift is pretty kwik with F tranny it seems like the VTEC is in forever one thing i failed to add on the parts list is an extra quart of oil .......lude 5 quarts ,accord 4 1/2 ........learned a hard leason at 7500 rpms spun a bearing.....but thats been taken care of and everythings gravy thats why im just now letting my cat out of the bag i wanted everything to be right so i didnt make a fool of myself..........oh yea thanks h23 and ill hold my head up high and except being part of the FRANK CB7 FAMILY and wikked anything i can do to help i will .........and to all the people who doubted me and this swap......well i aint gotta say it...LOL
                      Last edited by shadetreecustom; 03-12-2005, 04:13 PM.

Comment

ok so.. whose gonna start

FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB) HEHEHE IM IN IM IN!!

hopefully this weekend.. ull see my second creation..(will decimate the h23/vtec) W00T!! lol.. lets see how everything goes.. well i see u have a turbo manifold already on there.. please tell me thats not a ssautochrome??

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

[/IMG]
                          FCB7(FRANKENSTEIN CB7 CLUB) HEHEHE IM IN IM IN!!

like the sound of that count me in ............not sure what header it is got it off a buddy that decided not to use it ..........so what you know about ssautochrome .....bad news?....got another buddy with one on a civc so far so good.......clue me in what kinda creation you got up your sleeve?

H22/F22A1 FRANKENSTIEN.......and they said it couldnt be done
                          Last edited by shadetreecustom; 03-12-2005, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shadetreecustom
                            [/IMG]
                            clue me in what kinda creation you got up your sleeve?
                            use your imagination

just keep an eye out

huge props on the headswap though- good work
                            Nighthawk Black Pearl ES1

Comment

wow...wallaw f22a dohc vtec

Never seen this before and now it true. Dam true
                              Signature Picture removed due to excessive size

VOLVO 240GL bandit crew....all mighty supertank

Comment

Working...
                              X