Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

99 CL knuckle =?= 95-98 Odyssey knuckle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99 CL knuckle =?= 95-98 Odyssey knuckle?

I did an internet search for some Odyssey knuckles/hubs to do a 5 lug conversion. In the process, a junkyard within walking distance of my house said they have the pair of front 99 3.0L CL spindles for 70 bucks. Everyone seems to use Odyssey knuckles for the conversion, but a couple sites seem to say they're interchangeable. I'm assuming they use the Odyssey parts since they're easier to find, but these CL parts would work just fine right? Or is there some other reason why people don't use CL knuckles for the 5 lug conversion?

If so I'll have to run out there asap and get those spindles
    Last edited by Sarthos; 03-30-2011, 01:20 PM.

Cl knuckles are identical to stock cb7 knuckles

the only difference is the hub/bearing assembly which is 4 lug anyways

Comment

on the 3.0? I thought the 2.3 was identical to stock accord, 3.0 was different?
      Ah crap, it's the newer ones that are 5 lug. I wonder car-part shows them as interchangeable.
      Last edited by Sarthos; 03-30-2011, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
        Ah crap, it's the newer ones that are 5 lug. I wonder car-part shows them as interchangeable.
        97-99 are 4lug, 2000+ are 5lug
        MR:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150506

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

The 3.0 has bigger rotors and different calipers

exactly like the accord wagon does

Oh and 1997 acura CL's are still HOR

Comment

That's really strange of them then. I wonder why they have them say interchangeable. Maybe the CL spindle is interchangeable with the Odyssey spindle, but the hubs are still different. I'm not sure. Just gotta go with a different place a little farther away, not much more money.

I suppose next it's just choosing whether to re-use the wagon calipers or to swap them when I do the switch. I think I can keep them but I'm not 100% positive. Guess it depends partially on how complete the knuckle is I can find at another place!

Comment

That's really strange of them then. I wonder why they have them say interchangeable. Maybe the CL spindle is interchangeable with the Odyssey spindle, but the hubs are still different. I'm not sure. Just gotta go with a different place a little farther away, not much more money.

I suppose next it's just choosing whether to re-use the wagon calipers or to swap them when I do the switch. I think I can keep them but I'm not 100% positive. Guess it depends partially on how complete the knuckle is I can find at another place!
              the spindles are interchangeable, and the hubs might be slightly different is size. the wagon calipers are the same as prelude vtec and odyssey's.

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

Oh really? Sweet. I can re-use my brackets then? Or do I need the odyssey bracket if it's not included?

Comment

Oh really? Sweet. I can re-use my brackets then? Or do I need the odyssey bracket if it's not included?
                  what rotors are you using?

CHAMPCOUPE IS BACK !!!!

Comment

90-97 Accord Knuckles = 1st gen odyssey knuckles = 97-99 CL knuckles

They are all the same man
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                      90-97 Accord Knuckles = 1st gen odyssey knuckles = 97-99 CL knuckles

They are all the same man

Actually- no they are not the same.... not to be a jerk but I KNOW cause I have done most of these brake swaps... numerous times.

ALL FRONT SPINDLES HERE:

95-98 oddy 5 lug ROH- 11.1" brakes
                      90-97 accord hub over rotor and 10.x" brakes
                      90-97 accord wagon hub over rotor- 11.1" brakes
                      97 cl same as above 2.2 gets the smaller and 3.0 gets the larger
                      98-99 cl 2.3 roh 4 lug 10.x" brakes
                      98-99 cl 3.0 roh 4 lug 11.1" roh (I have these on my wagon now)
                      99+ cl/tl 3.2 roh 5 lug and it works (I have done it)
                      WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

Okay, so some 99 CL spindles can be used for the conversion, some can't? I suppose in that case I have to get there and check.

Comment

I'd like to subscribe to this thread Sarthos .. I'll be doing the same thing soon enough!

Having the 5 lug with allll the different options in wheels, is a huuuge benefit!
                          And having discs in the rear of my 92LX CB9, along with the ROH is just icing on the cake.

No matter how many threads that have ever been started in regards to this swap,
                          it never ceases to amaze me that I always read something new about it, and ..
                          from different members. It's like a running up-date of the whole 9 yards .. I love it!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Mine is also a 92 LX lol. Gotta do the rear discs... too bad I already had the parts but sold them before I got this car

Comment

Originally posted by da9b16 View Post
                              Actually- no they are not the same.... not to be a jerk but I KNOW cause I have done most of these brake swaps... numerous times.

ALL FRONT SPINDLES HERE:

95-98 oddy 5 lug ROH- 11.1" brakes
                              90-97 accord hub over rotor and 10.x" brakes
                              90-97 accord wagon hub over rotor- 11.1" brakes
                              97 cl same as above 2.2 gets the smaller and 3.0 gets the larger
                              98-99 cl 2.3 roh 4 lug 10.x" brakes
                              98-99 cl 3.0 roh 4 lug 11.1" roh (I have these on my wagon now)
                              99+ cl/tl 3.2 roh 5 lug and it works (I have done it)
                              So explain to me how, when I lookup a 96 Ody front knuckle, it interchanges with a 90-97 accord front knuckle and 97-99 CL knuckle. The bare knuckle is the same, just the hubs and brakes are different.
                              1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                              X