Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my replacement accord, 94 accord EX, (56k, [20 pics])

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my replacement accord, 94 accord EX, (56k, [20 pics])

205,000 miles

while i wait for arbitration on my accident from houston, (3 months minimum), my parents decided to help me out, gave me a limit of 1000 dollars and i came up with this nice looking 94 ex. so far i am at 650, with title in hand

i started this up and the motor sounded perect, no strange noises, the auto tranny went rigtht into gear and moved, both reverse and forward.

before the purple power 'mod' at the car wash, there was oil EVERYWHERE in the bay
    here is what i know it needs...
    it needs valve cover gasket, rear main seal, (fun). the brakes bled, a windshield eventually, and two front tires soon. she has a power steering leak, it looks like the pump. and the abs light is on, im not concerned about that, i know it should stop fine without it
    then it needs registration, and inspection.
    i will be smoothing out the dents, as i have tools for that

after that with a wash and wax, this car should look pretty mint, for 200,000 miles there is no fading on the paint, and i have not even detected any rust. the bushings will be replaced soon with energy suspension master set and since i have a front set of koni strts, ill probaly be getting rid of the front oem struts, and maybe just look at gabriel ultras for the rear. Im not dropping this car, so gabriels in the back will be fine. i am going to add a secondary tranny cooler, to help extend the life of the supposed time bomb automatic. the fluid is brown in the tranny so i am going to drive the car for a 1000 miles, make sure the tranny feels okay, then i will "simply" drain and refill with honda fluid. drive another 1000 miles to make sure its still all right, then i will flush it out the rest of the way. i will also replace the o2 sensor shortly down the road

comparing the f22b1 valve cover to an f23a1 valve cover, i LOVE this valve cover. not too excited about vtec, (especially on this motor), but at least i should gain a mile or two per mile

one way or another i will somehow get matching wheels for this car, but i am going to stay honda/acura alloy, but if i keep the three 94 ex alloys, they will definitly need to be cleaned, cuz they are messed up, the lone 92-93 ex alloy is super clean. i have two center caps, but they are scuffed up. interesting to learn that the center caps for the CD5 seven spoke will also fit the 92-93 ex six spoke as well

after losing so much from my last car, i have decided to keep this one 100 Percent stock, right down the the intake resonator, until i complete my automotive engineering degree.
    _

that thing is really nice. I can't believe it was only 650
    Life's a garden. Dig it.

Comment

Happy 4 u!
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Excellent buy!!

Very clean car, other than the ding in the rear door.

It's funny. I've driven a few CD5s and they just feel so light and different compared to CB7s.

Comment

excellent find for just $650. Isn't the Odyssey's tow rating 2,000 lbs? I hope you didn't tow the 3000-lb Accord too far!
          Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
          2005 Acura TSX 6MT
          2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

HA I got to see it before everyone. That was weird to see you at the gas station in Buda in tow. Mabey a good sign I hope. Best of luck bro.
            http://WWW.DUBWISE.NET

My Job!

9DUBWISE 92 LXhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142580

RHD ITR conversionhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172577

Comment

h swap bro.

Easiest to swap into the 5th gen.
              Henry R
              Koni/Neuspeed
              1992 Accord LX R.I.P
              1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
              Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
              made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
                excellent find for just $650. Isn't the Odyssey's tow rating 2,000 lbs? I hope you didn't tow the 3000-lb Accord too far!
                3,500 lbs.
                http://automobiles.honda.com/odyssey...fications.aspx

Nice find for $650! Should be awesome with some love.

Comment

I already made a profile on CD5Tuner, i considered, KD5Accord, (the "K" is the first initial of my name Ken) but then firgured i would keep consistant on both forums so I chose "KB7Accord"; this time spelling accord correctly.
                  one of these days i will pm deev, and pay the 5 or whatever dollars to fix it on here

the activity on there is incredibly low. thank goodness the 94 accord is SOO similar to a Cb accord, so i can still use this forum extensively

Originally posted by I<3MyHonda View Post
                  that thing is really nice. I can't believe it was only 650
                  Originally posted by Julianachos View Post
                  Nice find for $650! Should be awesome with some love.
                  excellent find for just $650.
                  actually the price started at 800, and my dad got it down to 650. i about died when the guy agreed to it.

its going to look very clean, once i get matching/cleaned up rims, and the dents smoothed out, its going to be 2 times better than it ALREADY looks

I hope you didn't tow the 3000-lb Accord too far!
                  i think with a brand new oddysey, (fall 2010), and a j35, all you need to worry about is stopping. Towed it from austin to closest outskirts of san antonio (about 40 miles)

Originally posted by 9DUBWISE View Post
                  HA I got to see it before everyone. That was weird to see you at the gas station in Buda in tow. Maybe a good sign I hope. Best of luck bro.
                  lol. that was really wierd! i heard my name being called out and was like, "who the heck knows me out in Austin?" Hopefully i can come see that teggy another time, just was short of time that day

Originally posted by Accrdkid View Post
                  h swap bro.

Easiest to swap into the 5th gen.
                  the only thing i am doing to this car is required maintenance, with the only "extra" thing i am doing is koni strt struts on oem springs, the price justifies itself really, and i already have two front ones. as well as the energy suspension master bushing kit.

other than that, im leaving this car alone till i am done with college, i just do not make enough money to risk losing it all again in another accident.
                  Last edited by KB7; 03-21-2011, 03:36 AM.
                  _

Comment

You should see if you can grab any of the after market parts off the wrecked car and swap some of them over to this cd.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                      You should see if you can grab any of the after market parts off the wrecked car and swap some of them over to this cd.
                      they wont even let me take an emblem off the car. its gone... oh well, one chapter closes, a new one opens.

i know i said i was going to leave it bone stock, but since the h23 intake manifold i bought off of Tim, (hahaha38) is WAY WAY too dificult to put onto my buddies F23a1, (was supposed to be his B-day present), I am going to put it onto this car. However I will leave the stock intake hose, box, and resonator; (I will look into adding the hose off an h23). im just looking for a little more torque/response, and i dont really want the added sound. I need to do a little more research, but i am going to look at wiring up the black box to open the butterflies when VTEC turns off, which should is around 5,000 rpm. However i dont think it is a positive electrical source, as vtec is being turned off around this time.

I havent even thought of how to even accomplish it, the box is supposed to open the butterflies when a positive signal is sent to it. I may just wire in a "go baby go" button that i push when i want to push the car and i pass 4,600 rpm.

As a safe guard, so i do not forget to turn it off, i will splice the positive into the Gauge cluster's "e-brake" light. so when the button is activated, the indicater light will be on.

until i figure it out though, i will just hook to vaccum
                      Last edited by KB7; 03-24-2011, 10:35 PM.
                      _

Comment

Well I know I said I was going to keep the car stock, but I recently found a job opportunity that will double my income and then some, so I have made a small list of upgrades in an attempt to raise the motor 40whp. All this is hoping I get this new job, but I have a connection in the company, a former supervisor, (of 3 years long), of mine. I like my chances.

Due to certain circumstances, all mods must retain Oem look, so its going to be difficult.
                        in case people reading this post forgot or didn't look; The motor is an f22b1 sohc Vtec. I cannot swap in any other motor. So leave your comments about f22a being better to yourself, I'm going to have to make lemonade here.
                        f23a intake manifold, (if price is right ill bore it and throttle body), prelude type s/euro r intake box/resonator and tubing. Stage 1 cam, either delta or bisimoto(maybe slightly higher; not likely as its staying automatic). Depending on cam, maybe valve springs. If I ever blow any piston rings, I'm going to look at raised compression pistons, nothing insane, around 9.5 to 10.5. I know 10.5 is kinda significant change. A chipped ecu will help pull it all together. My goal is really low 16's on f tranny, mid to high 15's on h23 tranny, (i think 15's might be a stretch while remaining automatic). As far as reliability in the tranny, I'm not to concerned, people sell automatic trannies all the time.

My parents who bought half the car, (while I wait for insurance settlement), have put a restriction on all modding of this car until I get out of school, which is why all parts must look oem.
                        Last edited by KB7; 04-11-2011, 10:10 PM.
                        _

Comment

Glad your rolling again Ken.The car looked good the other night when I saw it.Its a good start.Alot of people tend to knock the f22b1 but,I like the motor myself.When Alex(dj caz) talked to me about it,I had my doubts but Ive come to enjoy it.Ive got an f23 IM, delta cam and a few goods laying around.Hell,I even have a fully built head that was on Lees car! Hope all goes good with the job too.I always say patience pays off.Im sure youll be modding like mad in no time!

Comment

Working...
                          X