Egr Port Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egr Port Caps

I was wondering if anyone know where I might be able to find some EGR port caps? Not the replacement ones either. I've seen a few on here that are removable with an allen wrench. Thanks in advance.

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

i believe theres 2 different styles - the plug style where you can use a slide hammer to pop them out OR the style that will need to be drilled and tapped, which use plugs with the allen key design

Comment

Most people just use set screws that you can buy at most hardware/automotive stores. You need to drill/tap the OEM ports and buy the appropriate set screw to fit the thread and depth.
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-15-2011, 10:47 AM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks for the info. I've read somewhere that you can just use some some screws to plug them, but I've seen the Allen wrench style and I think it just looks 150% cleaner. As a last resort I could use the screws but I really like the look of the Allen wrench style. Does anyone know where I can find some?

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

The allen key ones that you are talking about are called set screws. Sorry I didn't explain that clearly.

Set Screws
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 03-15-2011, 11:10 PM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

OH! Gotcha! Thanks a bunch! Only one other question, how big of a set screw should I get? Should the 1/4 inch ones that are on the website you provided be alright?

Comment

IIRC the F22A requires ether a 3/8" or a 1/2" set screw.

In order to use a 3/8" NPT set screw you will require a 3/8"-18 NPT tap and a 37/64 drill bit.
              In order to use a 1/2" NPT set screw you will require a 1/2"-14 NPT tap and a 23/32 drill bit. NPT stands for National Pipe Thread Taper.

Now if you don't want to go with the fancy NPT coloured ones you could get away with using hardware set screws. You can get these in N/C, N/F and NPT threads.
              1/2"-13 N/C (national course) tap and a 27/64 drill bit or
              1/2"-20 N/F (national fine) tap and a 29/64 drill bit.

You will need to use Honda bond or some form of thread sealant on these to ensure a proper air tight seal.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

1/2-20 is what i always used. it does look pretty legit with black set screws.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                X