Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

boring to 86mm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boring to 86mm

i was just wondering if i have to do anything to the head, because im building up my f22 block with bisi 86mm 12.0:1 pistons and i dont want to have any problems down the road with the combustion chambers.

for the head, i would go ahead and get a valve job done , a bisi cam,and stronger head bolts at least . as far as you are going that's what i would do.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

i got a stage 2 bisi cam his pro springs and im looking into a 3 angle valve job real soon before the block gets done

Comment

^ sounds like you are on the right path bro . well good luck on your build and may it serve you well.i didn't bore mine out, but did a head upgrade dropped 600 on it and it runs great .mine is ported polished and got a 2.3 cam and a 3 angle valve job . it pulls like crazy and with the spray. wow

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

Comment

This makes me excited to hear how it pulls. i got port and polish but need to find a shop for the valve angle job.

Comment

thats fuckin sweet bro, any ET times? but yea, i dropped like 700 into the head, milled it down .020", 3 angle valve job. In the cb my ET dropped from a 15.9 to a 15.3 with bolt ons, im just excited to see how the f22 is gunna pull in the civic.

Comment

As far as altering the combustion chambers for the larger bore.....I've seen quite a few builds here with reputable builders and none of them did any combustion chamber work other than smoothing and polishing.

I'm also planning to build a block with bisi 12:1 pistons and stg2 cam along with head porting, intake porting, and my bisi header, etc......interested to see your results! Do you have a build thread for this project?
              My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

naw i dont have time all like that for a build thread, and since the only thing thats left for my build, ill just post up the end results when its done and the car is tuned. atleast you got the bisi header, that would really complete my build.

im actually looking into getting the head ported and polished, but i cant find anybody around the cleveland area with a good rep so if anybody knows a place it will help me a ton.
                Last edited by mikecb7LX92; 01-01-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Personally, I would make the combustion chamber bore match the cylinder bore. It doesn't HAVE to be done, but if the combustion chamber bore is 85mm, there will be a bit of an overlap, and most likely a sharp edge. Any sharp edges in the combustion chamber COULD become hotspots and be a source of detonation. If you're building the bottom end that much already, the head should have machine work to take advantage of it anyway, so I'd work that into the plan.
                  That's what I would do, anyway. I honestly don't know that detonation risk to be a fact. It's really just theory based on how internal combustion engines work.

Comment

thats the main thing that im worried about, i dont wanna build it, put all this time and money into the bottom end for it to just mess up because of one dumb mistake

Comment

Better to be too careful than not enough.
                      Do your own research, of course, to verify anything you learn on a forum.

Comment

ima do more research, but im gunna get it contact with one of bisi's reps. and ask them, but until then ill just keep researching other member threads and other forums.

Comment

Be sure to verify even what you get from Bisi's rep... I've seen past reps of his on here that knew jack shit! Bisi himself is an absolute genius, and if a rep is ACCURATELY relaying his information, then that's good... but it's entirely possible that the rep may be relaying the information inaccurately, or just guessing on their own. Not saying they're all idiots... I'm sure Bisi hires the best he can find... but still...

Comment

yea i feel you deev, bisi is the shit! but i will double and triple check....i mean it aint just a few bucks gettin thrown around u know what i mean.

Comment

Using an 86mm head gasket and having the CC rimmed to 86mm is a good way to ensure your investment has every chance to be as reliable as possible.
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X