Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Accident repair!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accident repair!

I had a little whoosidaisey in january on my way back to school on the 400 north of toronto. A guy in an explorer came over and rear ended my friend, and then hit the guard rail, and then i slid into her too.

Anyways, Heres some pics

Where I crashed.

At my residence
    b

Then my friends came down with a jeep and we tried to straighten things the best we could

Once I got it back to my garage at home

New rad, installed less than 3 months ago

Welding on the new rad support

Coming out for a bath

All done! Basically a brand new car in the front section.

Great job! Everything looks to be lined up like brand new

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

The car looks great. Good job. Did you do the painting yourself?

Comment

Thanks guy!

We had initially considered trying to straighten out the rad support, but then when a new one is only $130 it would be crazy not to. All the parts (minus the headlights) are all Carquest/Napa or OEM factory parts.

The painting was done by a local shop that my parents have has work done at before. I don't mind doing little spots here and there on my own, but after spending all that money on those parts I didn't want to ruin it with the low rent paint job that I would have done.

Comment

Any other comments/questions/concerns?

Comment

very nice, its great you didn't give up on her and got her recovered so fast
            1992 Accord LX Wagon 248K/155 Miles

Comment

looks sweet! love it.

"Times keep changing, from rice, to jdm, Tucking to Flushing"
              93Civichttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160321
              92Accordhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158283SOLD!

Comment

why does your bumper bar look so crooked in the 3rd-5th pics from the bottom? The bumper cover seems to fit great, just was thinking maybe it wasn't mounted on properly in those pics and readjusted later??? Just wondering cause there's no way the bumper cover would fit as good as it does with the bar that crooked

Looks like you did a really nice repair! Mad props from this body guy!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                  why does your bumper bar look so crooked in the 3rd-5th pics from the bottom? The bumper cover seems to fit great, just was thinking maybe it wasn't mounted on properly in those pics and readjusted later??? Just wondering cause there's no way the bumper cover would fit as good as it does with the bar that crooked

Looks like you did a really nice repair! Mad props from this body guy!
                  oh i see! good eye! right under the grille right?

"Times keep changing, from rice, to jdm, Tucking to Flushing"
                  93Civichttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160321
                  92Accordhttp://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158283SOLD!

Comment

Pretty nice repair and I am with Wherm.

Comment

Fantastic job! Car looks beautiful.

That 400 is such a shit highway. I used to have to drive it every day from Newmarket to just south of Burl's Creek, and from Hwy 9 to Keele.

Accident Alley as they call it.

Comment

The bumper was just on with one bolt on each side, it had to come off again to put the cover again anyways.

Comment

How much would it cost to repaint the whole car?

Comment

is that your dad in the last pic? he looks proud!

anywho my cbs 2nd crash looks like your front end + the driver side inner wheel well was pushed in. im glad that didnt happen to you.
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                              is that your dad in the last pic? he looks proud!

anywho my cbs 2nd crash looks like your front end + the driver side inner wheel well was pushed in. im glad that didnt happen to you.
                              Yeah it is! He was really happy with how it turned out. It is a family car. My great grandma(his grandma) bought it new in 1991, so he remembers driving it then and it looks almost the same now. If it had been just some car I had bought as transportation, I would have scrapped it. This car has sentimental value though. Plus I love having the car look mint and being beside guys in 5th and 6th gens in traffic that have rust on their cars and seeing how baffled they are at the condition.

I had the rad support, hood, and bumper cover painted and it cost about $550 CDN. A whole car would be around $1500-$2000 for a legit shop to paint it. Some places go cheaper if you sand and prime, or with single stage paints.

Comment

Working...
                              X