Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cold Air intake?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold Air intake?

I've seen everything from hand made to high quality parts!

What have you done, and what did you find works well?

Bought From:
    CB7 Sleeper
    illestatus
    HondaFan81

My Ride:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...92#post2587592

i have an ebay CAI

Comment

I just installed a aem cold air intake, not a real noticeable difference except the sound. Alot of people here suggest just going for a short air instead. It all depends what your looking to get out of it.

Don't Act Like You're Not Impressed!-Ron Burgundy
      Gamertag journeyman846

Comment

If you want sound, go with an aftermarket aluminum piped-big ass cone filter type intake.

If you want performance, get the TAS drop-in hybrid intake, and bisi manifold gasket kit.

If you want both, get a snail

Personally, I always go back and forth between my stockbox with AEM drop-in filter, or my cheap shitty ebay pipe.

life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by journeyman846 View Post
          I just installed a aem cold air intake, not a real noticeable difference except the sound. Alot of people here suggest just going for a short air instead. It all depends what your looking to get out of it.
          Right now I am just looking for sound. Would I be better of going for a short air?

Bought From:
          CB7 Sleeper
          illestatus
          HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

Originally posted by Status Quo View Post
            Right now I am just looking for sound. Would I be better of going for a short air?
            you could just fit a cone filter in place of the stock box, it makes the sound a little deeper than stock

Comment

Originally posted by AccordFan_18 View Post
              you could just fit a cone filter in place of the stock box, it makes the sound a little deeper than stock
              Would you recommend going to eBay for something like that? or going new?

Bought From:
              CB7 Sleeper
              illestatus
              HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

I see it this way an aluminum tube is an aluminum tube no matter what they name of the brand is. Anything is better then the restrictive stock intake system. (unless of course you modify the stock system to be less restrictive)

I think the TASpro Hybrid intake looks good and great price! (best of both worlds.)

Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by koolmikeski View Post
                  I see it this way an aluminum tube is an aluminum tube no matter what they name of the brand is. Anything is better then the restrictive stock intake system. (unless of course you modify the stock system to be less restrictive)

I think the TASpro Hybrid intake looks good and great price! (best of both worlds.)

Just my opinion.
                  Thanks!

Bought From:
                  CB7 Sleeper
                  illestatus
                  HondaFan81

My Ride:

Comment

i just dropped in a aem sri and i love it. noticable change in tone, my cb sounds meaner on WOT and the noise it makes as it sucks in air is nice to listen to haha. performance wise it doesnt do a whole lot but im sure it helps a little here and there

Comment

splitting hairs for a f22. only intake i've seen that would work on our cars that made any real power was the aem v2 on the h22.

Comment

Iceman thermoplastic dynamic chamber intake. Its made out of a heat resistant plastic so its very resistant to heat soak when the car is idle. Its got a large 4" opening at the filter and tapers down to the exact size of the throttle body to force the air in the plenum and runners.

Good luck finding one, they went out of business over 7 yrs ago. I'm still looking for the lower portion that attaches to the intake to make it a true cold air. So right now I've got to settle for the short ram version it is now.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Status Quo View Post
                          Would you recommend going to eBay for something like that? or going new?
                          i just went to pepboys hah
                          and fit a coupler to it

Comment

I recommend Spectre Filters.

As for piping...piping is piping unless you wanna split hairs. Use stock or aftermarket, whatever.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
                            Originally posted by Jarrett
                            Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

also keep in mind, that with a true CAI, you have to enlarge the hole in the battery shelf to fit the pipe through to the fenderwell... I got an EBAY kit and put a K&N filter on it... my ebay kit came with all the clamps, boots, and hoses, and even a rubber piece to line the hole with to cover the sharp edges all for less than 40 shipped (plus the filter, which i already had laying around)

here's a link to the kit i got...

Cold Air Kit
                              91 EX Coupe 5 Speed
                              My Ride Thread

ASE Certified Master Tech Since 2005

Originally posted by deevergote
                              That's like watching a guy stick his head up his own ass. Impressive... but why?
                              Bought From: Quakerjoe , MikeW

Comment

Working...
                              X