need help finding the parking light wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help finding the parking light wire

well ive been under my dash looking for it for a little while now and i still havent located it...directwire.com told me it was a red/black wire in the fuse box behind the drivers side kick panel but i havent been able to find it there...

can someone tell me where exactly this wire is? i want to hook it up to my alarm, thanks...

Get a FREE PLAYSTATION 3 before anyone else can!!!

what r u trying to do with it?

Comment

my alarm has the option of flashing the parking lights when it arms/goes off

Comment

can anybody help???

Comment

ok check it out its not in the fuse box

look at the plugs a little above or to the side of the fuse box.

if you're going to hook it up to your alarm an easier way to splice into it is at the wire loom that comes from underneath the steering column from the headlight switch.

Comment

yea i was looking for it there too but i had a hard time finding it still...i knew the wire wasnt in the fuse box but was supposed to be on one of the harnesses above it but i still couldnt find it, thanks for you help

Comment

This is what I got:

Parking Lights -- Red/Black --_ Fuse Panel in Driver's Kick Panel_

X

Comment

yes...thats what ive seen on sites too but i havent been able to locate it...thanks though

Comment

I have to remember how I did mine now, but I think I found the cable in one of the bundles coming from underneath the steering column. I know I had a hard time finding some cables, but I think that is where I found it.

You need at best a voltmeter to test it and at worst a test light.

GL

X

Comment

you have to fish through the wires, its kinda funny sometimes cause there is a group of like 20 wires, and you would think u went through every single one but really u missed 2 or 3 which coiuld of been it!

id get a pick tool and start seperating the wires inside there, meaning just moving them to see everytthing, sometimes the drop light you are using changes the color of certain colors...

its nice to have a test light

you wont die if you dont hook it up if you cant find it now, hook it up to the headlight =) haha
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

In your fuse panel in the driver's side kick panel you will find that above the fuses there are four ports with male spade connectors in them. One of those ports is parking lights and is used for the dealer add-on fog light kit. Instead of splicing wire you can simply put a female spade on your parking light wire and insert it in there.

The parking light port will be the second one from the front of the car. Test everything prior to making final connections.
                      My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

that was some very helpful information..thanks a lot

Comment

[QUOTE=BustedLX]Instead of splicing wire you can simply put a female spade on your parking light wire and insert it in there.QUOTE]

where exactly could i get a female spade connector?

Comment

Home Depot, Radio Shack, Your local sound shop, etc. It's just a regular spade connector. Like the ones you use on your speaker wires to connect to the back of the speakers.
                            My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

o okay, thanks i was thinking it was a honda specific connector

Comment

Working...
                              X