Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maaco Paint and Rust repair Bill

Hi Everyone,

What do you all think about this Bill does it sound reasonable? Total cost is $1,639. Here what is done, New hood, front bumper and windshield glass, 3layer paint service with additional clear coat protection. fix rust on both rear panel and both door the labor they charge is 14hour to fix the rust.

90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
    < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

I would be interested to see some pics

$1600 sounds fair though. I spent a g note just looking after some minor dog leg rust on the nine

Members Ride Thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=121452

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
    dustin, you are a dick!

officially the lowest ive seen now

Comment

1600 sounds a bit pricey for maaco.

Comment

pics? i would like to see hte outcome. because 1600 isnt bad for all that stuff replaced, rust fixed and paint with additional clear coat
        Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
        Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
        JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Only price I'm confused about is the $160 windshield.
          You can get them installed here about half that price.

1999 BMW M3
          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

what kinda rust repair? bondo over rust or replacement panels? If its bondo then its a ripoff and waste of money.
            1993 Accord LX - Sold
            93 BMW 525it - SOLD
            92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
            2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
            2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
            2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
            2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
            2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

deeve got his rust fixed at maaco and they did not fix good enough. Came back like a year later.

You have to ask how are they going to take car of the rust and what warranty does it come with..

Comment

this is an estimate bill- i left my car with Maaco on friday so I have to checkup on it after the holiday. Sorry I have no pic of the rusy it was bad ebough to start breaking up the metal. They told me they are fixing the front and back of the q.panel to prevent rust again but I have to check to make sure they did not just bondo it then, if then I could have done that. I have a crack on my windshield and they quoted $160 to replace it. Yeah I was hoping everything be around $1000 but if they do good repair on the body and rust then it might be work it. They do warranty the paint for 3year? what about the rust? I don't recall them saying how long it warranty for.. They are very close by so I can check up on them like once a day
                90 Accord Coupe LX, Stock JDM H22A Engine 10.6:1 - Stock Automatic LSD MPA1 Trans, JDM P13 Auto ECU + JDM P19 TCU. Tune with Greddy E-Manage Ultimate
                < 317WHP/227WTQ@11psi> B/W S256 turbo, Daily Driving on 93 pump gas - since 2006. Driving Turbocharged CB7 Accord since 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Gemini View Post
                  what kinda rust repair? bondo over rust or replacement panels? If its bondo then its a ripoff and waste of money.
                  DITTO X2 and all that

Maaco and Earl Scheib should be avoided at all cost. Especially for our rust, if you don't do it right, you'll do it again and again and again. Might as well buy stock in Bondo

Comment

Like it's been said...it depends on how much you have done.

The labor to replace my quarter panels, and rebuild the inner metal for my car was $2500. I had the back half of the car matched, but the whole car was not sprayed. Granted, it required removal of the rear glass and a lot of custom fab work because I was having the whole quarter panel replaced on both sides...however, I had 0 rust from when I had it done to when I got rid of the car. Most patch jobs result in bubbling a year or so after the initial repair.

At the very least, have them replace the outer quarter panel skins. Be aware that your inner fenders are probably junk.

It's pay to play with this stuff...how perfect do you want it, and how long do you want it perfect?

Comment

I did stop by and check up on the rust repair- they told me they had to cut out and weld metal sheet then prep the area with special blue stuff(bondo maybe) and sand it down to a smooth surface. Not sure if the did the inner metal panel- but I can see where they weld metal sheet into the area that was rusted. So far it look like they are doing a good job on repairing the rust and not covering it. Will take some pic before they start to paint. The tech who work on my car is really cool- he built his own 6 sec full race car and fab all the metal and molding.

Comment

in for piks when its done!

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
                        I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

sounds like a sweert deal considering the rust will be removed and an extra clear coat added

Purchased from: 90-JDMCB7, cb95spd, 92_dr_p, ukaccord92, slammed4thgen, 93a-lude, h22anow, cb7addicted, H22WAGON93, tonymontana1204, agol, Joshy

Sold to: di2accord

Comment

damn......

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Working...
                            X