Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

speaker sizes and your cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker sizes and your cb7

Ok ok I haven't read the stickies but I'm gonna try to clear up 2 birds with 1 thread. So about our cb7s well it's simple the front doors of the dx and lx house a 6.5 speaker where the ex models use a 4inch pod. Now if u remove the pod then u get a 6.5 opening. Now if u read u will see alot mentioned about adapters or rings. If u cut or buy rings that r atleast 3/4 inch then u can house about 90% of the 6.5 speakers out on the market. For the rear speaker it's just a general sized hole what matters is your pod. Dx and lx are 6.5 and ex pods are 6x9. U have to watch ur depth here can't really make an adapter to get more room.

Now the part where people wanna argue. Okay u wanna get great sound in your car but not sure where to start. First off update your hu or deck or cd player or processer. After get some quailty 6.5 in the front and work your back. Now brand wise is a horse of a different color. If u r wanting the best sound u will get more from a 6.5 then a 6x9. By that statment the sound is better and the speaker generally will last longer. After getting some better speakers u could add a sub and amp or amp ur speakers. I would suggest a nice ten and about 600rms watts at 2ohms. Why 2ohms u ask well most subs on the market are dvc (dual voice coil). If you choose to amp ur speakers get a good 50-75x4 rms at 4ohms Youll be pretty pleased.
    Members Ride sold...
    I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

very nice nutshell

Comment

Now for sub in our cb I think people sometimes think u have to have pairs. Nope single subs can be as loud or louder then pairs. When it comes to subs it comes down to the box. I personally prefer a ported box. Now sealed boxes aren't useless they have a purpose but I don't like them. Or if u feel smart enough or u have the balls u can do a ib which is infinite baffle or pain in the ass. LOL when done right sound amazing not really loud but very clean.
      Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman_11 View Post
        very nice nutshell
        well I'm on my iPhone and I'll get more into it when I get home. Ps that's how deacated to the site I am LOL
        Members Ride sold...

Comment

LOL Subs huh...I'm running four subs in a sealed box...in a cb... Not only that I am running probably the cheapest subs ever lol WITH A (supposedly) 5,000WATT AMP!!!!!!! lol I have all the knobs turned down on the amp and on the indash and that bitch still hits like a mofo! caint wait to put quality subs in...all four lol

Comment

Not trying to step on your toes but that post wasn't really need might wanna post it in the one to show off ur ice. Ps I'd love to hear more about it in the other thread.
            Members Ride sold...

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
              Not trying to step on your toes but that post wasn't really need might wanna post it in the one to show off ur ice. Ps I'd love to hear more about it in the other thread.
              Your right... not trying to high jack! sorry yo.

great thread though!

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7db18 View Post
                well I'm on my iPhone and I'll get more into it when I get home. Ps that's how deacated to the site I am LOL

why doesn't it say

"sent from my i-phone"

HA HA HA...my buddy just bought one and he sends me emails all the time. I thought he was just bragging about using his iphone...HA HA...it's just a automatically puts it there
                ____

Comment

What about 8's in doors?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

or 7's

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

LOL! look at these instigators. You guys are gonna make him change the title to stock speaker sizes, lol.

Comment

sure if your gonna do a nice 3 way setup u will have to play with rings and angles to get 8's to fit. honestly besides you 2 who is gonna even think of 8's??? lol assholes!!! haha

the iphone only says that on emails. not forum post.

and yes you can prob get 6x9 in the door but i wouldnt recommend it.
                        Members Ride sold...

Comment

Components and 6x9's should do failry well on the CB..just get some good speakers and not some cheap shit too..lol

Comment

personally... i don't care for ported boxes ... but thats more of a preferance issue... it's more about airspace than anything... i have a few other buddies that run cb's also out here, i installed all their cheap wal mart and best buy crap... too much box will fill in the gap between your back seat and your trunk ( making for poor sound inside your car and every last bolt on the outside rattling) the best setup i installed was in my buddies 92... heres what i did...

-- cut out the plastic spot behind the armrest in the back seat
                            -- found 2 SEALED (sorry guys) boxes and mounted the boxes on either side of the hole **DO NOT COVER THE HOLE YOU JUST MADE**

now in short... it makes for free air movement... and releases all that pressure into the cab of the car increasing the bass you hear to holy shit levels... it also reduces the rattlebox effect GREATLY... it's kind of like making a double box... hard to explain... but if you coop all that bass up in your trunk you could run 150 watts or 2500 watts and it'ss sound like arse
                            THOU SHALT NOT SHIT IN DEEVE'S WHEATIES

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadnothing85 View Post
                              personally... i don't care for ported boxes ... but thats more of a preferance issue... it's more about airspace than anything... i have a few other buddies that run cb's also out here, i installed all their cheap wal mart and best buy crap... too much box will fill in the gap between your back seat and your trunk ( making for poor sound inside your car and every last bolt on the outside rattling) the best setup i installed was in my buddies 92... heres what i did...

-- cut out the plastic spot behind the armrest in the back seat
                              -- found 2 SEALED (sorry guys) boxes and mounted the boxes on either side of the hole **DO NOT COVER THE HOLE YOU JUST MADE**

now in short... it makes for free air movement... and releases all that pressure into the cab of the car increasing the bass you hear to holy shit levels... it also reduces the rattlebox effect GREATLY... it's kind of like making a double box... hard to explain... but if you coop all that bass up in your trunk you could run 150 watts or 2500 watts and it'ss sound like arse
                              What does that have to do with speaker sizes?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X