Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

No Start when cold outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Start when cold outside

Any ideas of something else besides the big coolant temp sensor (for ecu) that would cause an f22 to no start when very cold out?!

That sensors the only thing i kno of that relies completely on temperature; to get the cars injectors to inject the proper amount of fuel..

I keep gettin stuck places cuz my car wont start at night when it gets cold out.. i had to push it into my friends garage today in 5 inches of snow just to try to get it warm so it would start its frustrating to not be able to stay somewhere very long without having to worry about my car starting without issues when i wanna leav

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

did you check your igniter your dizzy cap plug wires those are some things but i dont know because mine is haveing the same problem lately if replaced all above and ect but mine wont start on first try and when it does start you have to drive 4 at lease 30 mintes 4 every thing to warm up so it will restart but last night it wouldnt start ay all i had to push it in the drive way.. i dont know whats causing it but i will figure it out ...........

Comment

Frozen Battery!

Comment

Sound like battery.....My Accord been doing that lately..
        Replaced my battery and TA DA...

or take it to autozone for free check

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

COuld also be OIL SLUDGE...

Comment

hey cb 7 rider if thats your car in the pic i dout the battery is frozen i no mines not its goona be zero here tommorow night .. im thinking its some kind of sensor i dont know though im goona fix mine and when i do i will tell what was wrong with mine iknow when the car hot its fine ..

Comment

yea haha nooot the battery! lol i got an optima red top with only 1 yr on it..

i just replaced the coolant thermo sensor so its not that..

ima check my main relay- probably just order one from honda tmrw

need to also check the fast idle thermo valve or whatevs on the IM

lemme kno if u find anything else u can think of...

(also im not thinkin the ignitor is doin it even tho im kinda sure theres something wrong with it; rpm needle jumps all over the place when revving)

annywho yea keep me updated if u guys find anything! ima hit the hay gotta work tmrw hope she starts in the morning.. the temps been in the high teens at night lately

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r View Post
                (also im not thinkin the ignitor is doin it even tho im kinda sure theres something wrong with it; rpm needle jumps all over the place when revving)
                Based on what you just said and the fact that you already replaced the coolant temp sensor, I think the issue may be with your distributor.

My Accord History:
                91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

if your rpm gauge is jumping around thats a good sighn that that its the dizzy when you drive it does the car jerk around because if the igniter were bad the car would jerk then eventually quit so if its not doing that id say the igniter and dizzy are fine idont what in the hell causing our cars not to start when its cold lookes like as many people that are on here some one would know..............

Comment

What's the condition of your positive and negative battery wires? Are they corroded all the way to the starter (pos) or transmission (neg)?

"The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse."-Henry David Thoreau

Comment

What a quincidence!
                      This JUST happened to me last week, if you don't hear the starter motor it's the battery.
                      Charge it or get a new one.

But if you do hear it, well your in some big problems that you would have to get someone to look at.

It was the battery for me, works fine now!
                      Current:
                      2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
                      1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
                      1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

heh ok guys its noot my battery! lol i did take the dizzy off today and i fixed a couple of the connectors on the ignitor they were kinda loose.. also replaced the dist o ring cuz it was leakin oil all over my tranny..

i also think that sensor thats on the head which is another coolant temp sensor could be my problem.. i tried to check it with an ohm meter but got like almost 2000ohms which leads me to think its bad.. so i ordered one from honda along with a new dist cap..

i also flushed the coolant cuz i only had protection to 10degrees so im stoked that its runnin a bit better i havent had a chance to try a cold start with it but i still think it will no start at least untill i replace that sensor.

RPM problems is fixed tho i can actualy tell where my rpms are now when im driving instead of them jumping between 1k below and like 2k above what the engine was actually doing.

Ill keep u guys posted about the cold start situation

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Originally posted by F22Cb7Rid3r View Post
                          i tried to check it with an ohm meter but got like almost 2000ohms which leads me to think its bad..
                          It's definitely bad. That will probably fix it.

My Accord History:
                          91 EX 2dr : 91 EX 2dr : 91 LX 4dr : 93 EX 2dr : 86 LXi 2dr : 92 LX 4dr : 92 EX 4dr

-Patrick

Comment

my car wont start either

i was drivin and i came to a light and my car cut off samme cold conditions.....its not the battery cuz i jumped it and it would just keep cranking and the stater is fine i wonder if a fuel problem but i put gas in and still no start i was stuck in the middle of a busy road 3 in the mornin wit no bars on cell battery then i finallly got some one two push it in a parking lot so i wont get towed no cash......so to i wanna go try to start it need help
                            a person who looks at somthing and see it as waste is no person at all but he who see what it could be will suceed
                            out with the old and in with the new

Comment

The situation I was in a couple of weeks ago were similar. My car would start fine in the summer and in warm weather. However, in the colder weather it would crank for awhile and then start. When it was really cold out it would crank for 15-30 seconds and then fire up leaving me with a CEL. The CEL's all pointed to my distributor. Got that replaced and the car starts and runs better.
                              Along with this my symptoms were that my car would randomly shut off much like Jaykilla said. It would crank and crank, start and stall etc.

your best chance would be to have a mechanic check the car out, cap and rotor, dizzy etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X