Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini trucks?

Couldn't find any previous threads.
    Does anyone in here own or previously owned a mini truck?

I'm looking at buying a 86 Ford Courier that is an unfinished project. But I don't know if I should get it.
    I basically just want to finish the project then sell it to make a little money.
    It needs paint, all wiring to be fitted, A lil panel work, Reassembly. And of course sorting out the usual project glitches.
    The down time isn't an issue to me, though I would prefer to finish it sooner rather than later (I'd rather be doing the engine work on the Accord)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...68&permanent=0

What do you guys think? Keep in mind $1500 is $1150 USD
    Estimated project cost is $2500 (inc car purchase), and resale value of $4575 USD.

Edit: - Project has moved to here ----> evil_demon_01 : 89 Ford Courier Minitruck
    Last edited by evil_demon_01; 06-29-2008, 02:46 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

I'm a big fan of mini trucks.
    In all honesty, if you finish the project, you'll want to keep it.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Lol No I've told myself I won't keep it. Its purely a deal car . . . I hope
      Going to look at it tonight.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

cool. i love mini trucks. there was a Nissan Hardbody for sale in my area with a mint body and new paint for like $800, but it had like 380,000 kms so i didn't grab it. i kinda regret it now.

but yea, let us know if you grab it.
        Originally posted by deevergote.
        And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

whats with the Mystery Machine in the background? lol nice truck though, i've always wanted a mini truck project, but never have the cash. good luck with the sale
          My Ride r.i.p.

My new ride

Comment

I went round and saw it tonight. I'm in 2 minds, it seems like a good project for me. But looking at it in person looks like alot of work - But I think thats just because its in peices
            The hardest part is probabally cutting out the rear deck floor and welding in a new one as its full of rust.
            It's definatly less work than my Accord went through. So I'm going to sleep on it tonight and decide tommorow.

Haha yea the mystery machine was crackup

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Its definately a cool project...one that i can see making you a bit of $$$...i say go for it.
              accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
              ....................My New Baby
              SOLD TO
              ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

You'll definitely make a profit on it, that's obvious.
                But, once you put time and money in it, you're not going to want to sell it.
                You'll have to much fun with it!

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Well guys, The deal's been done.
                  I now own it Its been raining on and off every few hours, and there's SUPPOSED to be a fine patch thursday arvo, So I hoping to get it then.
                  I guess I should make a MR thread now, Might get one of the mods to change the title for me.

So heres the pictures, I'll get better ones once I get it home
                  Btw - the 20" rims aren't included.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Looks good.
                    You're definitely going to enjoy the build and end result.

Congrats!

1999 BMW M3
                    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

thats awesome man. i'm glad you got it as that seems like a good deal. keep us updated on your progress.
                      Originally posted by deevergote.
                      And please, for the love of God, type like a human being!

Comment

Hmmm I have an 89 Mazda B2200 that I would sell its all black with purple drip paint on the front everything is clean and it has won many shows 10 years ago but its been in a garage for YEARS now sitting .. didnt even realize people were still into mini trucks , out here they are a thing of the past ...

Goodluck man would love to see the project , finished
                        Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Originally posted by noxidea View Post
                          Hmmm I have an 89 Mazda B2200 that I would sell its all black with purple drip paint on the front everything is clean and it has won many shows 10 years ago but its been in a garage for YEARS now sitting .. didnt even realize people were still into mini trucks , out here they are a thing of the past ...

Goodluck man would love to see the project , finished
                          Ha, thats basically the same as my one. Got any pics of it?
                          Mini trucks have been around here for a while - Cause everyone wants a mint looking work ute, or throwing them on bags

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Good luck with the build and keep us posted!
                            R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

Well I picked up the minitrucks today.
                              I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into yet, and I'll add more pics soon.
                              So far I have started bare steeling the rear of the chassis, and added a coat of etch primer to the portions I have done.

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

Comment

Working...
                              X