Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

P12 swap help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P12 swap help

So I recently purchased a p12 ECU and I went to remove the pt6 ECU from my Accord 91 Coupe and the bolt pattern on the ECU bracket is different I was wondering if I need to get a new ECU bracket from a Prelude or do I need to drill holes or put the ECU in without a bracket (I am new to Hondas and computerized cars in general) so if anyone has done the p12 swap some advice or pictures would be very helpful thank you very much!

You can secure the P12 in any way you see fit, or don’t secure it at all. When I installed a different ECU, I just let it sit unattached. I suppose that could eventually lead to strain on the harness, though.
    The easiest safe thing to do would probably be to hold the ECU to the plate with some zip ties.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      You can secure the P12 in any way you see fit, or don’t secure it at all. When I installed a different ECU, I just let it sit unattached. I suppose that could eventually lead to strain on the harness, though.
      The easiest safe thing to do would probably be to hold the ECU to the plate with some zip ties.
      Mine is in there with a combination of both. Some screws and some zipties. In your car it'll be hidden. No one will know. In my mine, who cares because, racecar.
      ==========================
      1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
      1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
      Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
      Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
      M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
      Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

P12 swap on 93 sedan

Did the swap on my cb7 with 2 fat boy tip ties. its not moving imo. bolt is back down n call it done.

Comment

When I had the P12 in my car, I just let it sit there attached to the harness on the floorboard. It literally never moved, and the tuned P06 I have in there now also has never moved, and I track/autocross the car.

I would not worry about it if I were you. There is just no need to try and drill new holes to fit the Prelude ECU bracket down there.
          *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
          ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
          ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
          "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
          The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
          Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Working...
          X