USDM CB3 in Japan featured on Stickydiljoe.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USDM CB3 in Japan featured on Stickydiljoe.com

As I was going through Stickydiljoe's coverage of KDAY! C5 Japan 2015, I noticed a very clean USDM CB3. Just wanted to share with everyone.

As we all know, stickydiljoe was a very active OG cb7tuner member, but became very busy and moved on to other cars (Odyssey and Q45). I know he still comes on here from time to time.

Anyways, check it out...

USDM everything, but JDM Fogs and Intersection lights.

I didn't see any other CB's, but here's the link...

KDAY C5 Japan 2015

Edit: Found more...

Last edited by oni_cb7; 10-02-2015, 02:01 PM.

I wonder if they converted to LHD, or if those are just imported from LHD markets.

I love those wheels on the wagon! Did TypeG move to Japan and buy a wagon?

And "The Power of Dream Homies" is my new catchphrase

Comment

I would put a significant sum of money on either one of those cars just being LHD JDM cars. Coupes and wagons that were sold in Japan were a toss up between whether they were LHD or RHD. I don't know if island geography or the type of dealership the car was originally purchased at dictated this, but that's how it is. That would mean that the coupe is a CB6, and not a CB3. If it truly were an import from the US, it would be a CB7.

The coupe has the factory 2-piece JDM headlamps with USDM corner lenses added. It also has the intersection lights, the spoiler we in the US refer to as the '93 SE coupe spoiler (the only spoiler they got until '93), OEM coupe visors, factory (not dealer) leather and Honda of America badges. I know all that can be added, but the fact that LHD coupes were available there would make bringing one over a bit of a silly proposition. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the lack of fender sidemarkers. But find me a car in the US that's as old as that one where the owner has still taken care of the paint.

Same story with the wagon. It has an OEM JDM hood insulator, JDM 2-piece headlamps, sidemarkers (obviously swapped for clear lenses) and JDM fuse box cover. I'd like to have seen closer pictures of that power steering pump bracket, though. It looks like he's jsut used the factory Accord pump and bracket, but it looks like his bracket utilizes the far left bolt hole, which the H22A head usually can't with the F22A bracket. It's still sitting high, apparently, as the hood insulator had to be cut in that spot.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

The CB detective!

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
        UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
        NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

I believe there was actually a CB7 sold in Japan as well... though I don't know if it's RHD or LHD (I think it may be LHD.)

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            I wonder if they converted to LHD, or if those are just imported from LHD markets.

I love those wheels on the wagon! Did TypeG move to Japan and buy a wagon?

And "The Power of Dream Homies" is my new catchphrase
            I was totally thinking of TypeG when I saw that engine bay. Polished everything.

I couldn't find a name for those wheels though. I was drooling a little bit.
            Last edited by oni_cb7; 10-02-2015, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              I would put a significant sum of money on either one of those cars just being LHD JDM cars. Coupes and wagons that were sold in Japan were a toss up between whether they were LHD or RHD. I don't know if island geography or the type of dealership the car was originally purchased at dictated this, but that's how it is. That would mean that the coupe is a CB6, and not a CB3. If it truly were an import from the US, it would be a CB7.

The coupe has the factory 2-piece JDM headlamps with USDM corner lenses added. It also has the intersection lights, the spoiler we in the US refer to as the '93 SE coupe spoiler (the only spoiler they got until '93), OEM coupe visors, factory (not dealer) leather and Honda of America badges. I know all that can be added, but the fact that LHD coupes were available there would make bringing one over a bit of a silly proposition. The only thing that doesn't make sense is the lack of fender sidemarkers. But find me a car in the US that's as old as that one where the owner has still taken care of the paint.

Same story with the wagon. It has an OEM JDM hood insulator, JDM 2-piece headlamps, sidemarkers (obviously swapped for clear lenses) and JDM fuse box cover. I'd like to have seen closer pictures of that power steering pump bracket, though. It looks like he's jsut used the factory Accord pump and bracket, but it looks like his bracket utilizes the far left bolt hole, which the H22A head usually can't with the F22A bracket. It's still sitting high, apparently, as the hood insulator had to be cut in that spot.
              The coupe looks like it has a USDM front bumper though. Would that have been how the LHD coupes came in Japan?

You can tell they are JDM 2 Piece headlights from the lack of nipples, right?

These were all the shots that were posted, but I wish there were more.

Comment

I believe there was actually a CB7 sold in Japan as well... though I don't know if it's RHD or LHD (I think it may be LHD.)
                The '93-only "Special Edition", not to be confused with the SE. Every one that I've seen in navy blue with gray cloth interior. They are also all sedans.

Originally posted by oni_cb7 View Post
                The coupe looks like it has a USDM front bumper though. Would that have been how the LHD coupes came in Japan?

You can tell they are JDM 2 Piece headlights from the lack of nipples, right?

These were all the shots that were posted, but I wish there were more.
                Coupes and wagons (as well as the '93 Special Edition I mentioned in my response to Deeve) did not get the front bumpers with the license indentations.

And yes, you can tell because of the lack of nipples. And I did the same thing in my first response, but those headlights are just as JDM as a lot of things, i.e., not very. They are the same headlights any coupe or wagon got outside of the US, Canada and some South American markets. The same applies for the sedans with the 1-piece headlights from Japan being the lone exception. There are shroud differences between LHD and RHD markets, but that's it.

Those are also manual seatbelts in that coupe, so it's 100% for sure a true Japanese car.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Where's the "like" button when you need it?

Comment

My paint looks like that coupe when it is clean...
                    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Okay, it's just an F20A DOHC power steering pump bracket. It didn't look like one at first, but that's what it is. For anyone who doesn't know; the F20A DOHC power steering pump bracket is easily fitted to the H22A/F20B head and will utilize the factory CB Accord power steering pump and line. Good luck finding them, though.

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=205069&page=2

Posted earlier in the morning. I had hoped my sticky would provide a one-stop for members to look back on, rather than several small threads to click into for when you remember seeing a modded CB outside of CB7Tuner but couldn't quite recall the details.

Where's the "like" button when you need it?
                        Is it possible to implement one of those on here? It'd keep people from feeling obliged to say "clean car!" to every new member.
                        Last edited by CyborgGT; 10-02-2015, 11:12 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Okay, it's just an F20A DOHC power steering pump bracket. It didn't look like one at first, but that's what it is. For anyone who doesn't know; the F20A DOHC power steering pump bracket is easily fitted to the H22A/F20B head and will utilize the factory CB Accord power steering pump and line. Good luck finding them, though.
                          Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY! Seriously, good to know if my hybrid F22/H22 high pressure line ever takes a dump on me. I will search high and low. Maybe take a trip to Japan to get one.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
                            Shut up and TAKE MY MONEY! Seriously, good to know if my hybrid F22/H22 high pressure line ever takes a dump on me. I will search high and low. Maybe take a trip to Japan to get one.
                            I use one myself and it works great on the H22 with my factory PS pump. Those brackets were also available in Europe on the 5th gen 1993-1995 Accord 2.3i SR (CC7) and even the 1993-1999 Rover 623 SLi, GSi, and iS based on the same chassis with H23. Still pretty hard to come by though.
                            Last edited by lindiz; 10-05-2015, 02:11 AM.

Euro CB7 2.2i [F22A3] --> [H22A7]

Comment

Working...
                            X