No announcement yet.

cloudasc : 1991 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i couldnt have said it better myself. btw, what part of seattle you from? i was born in redmond lived in kent for 15 years, now im in dallas.
    I LOVE My CB7

Comment

Awsome man, yeah i've lived pretty much in the greater eastside area. My parents house is in Newcastle, but I predominately hung out in the rich yuppie area of bellevue, I also spent a good amount of time in kirkland, god its summertime & I miss the waterfront & longdock, and all the insanely hot women running around in swimsuits! But I did most live 4 years in North Seattle, 5 blocks up from the Aurora (HWY-99), & N 105th.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

its funny to hear all those citys names again i remember then like it was yesterday, been in texas since Nov of 02.....its a great place to live! covington was stomping ground then i moved to everett. i hated everett, nasty ass place to live, real ghetto
        I LOVE My CB7

Comment

I hear you on everett, its an old run down former heavy industrial city. I like it here, only complaint is the humidy when its hot, took me a bit to get used to the southern crazy drivers, you know how they say "America is the land of opportunity!", I believe they had texas in mind when they made that saying. I was also expecting there to be more palm trees around here considering how tropical it is. The ants hear are insane, st augustines grass is washingtons crab grass. I have also never seen so much lightning before in my life till I moved here! Oh and I survived hurricane ike. Been here since May 30th 2008.

Comment

Well I went to the Advanced Racing Dynamics for the Dyno day, paid $20 for two pulls, unfortunately they are unable to get wtq readings, since I didn't have a tach signal marked for them. Ignore the 119WHP reading, thats from when the auto tranny shifted on him.

Here are the pictures:

Here is the video:

Overall I am happy with this baseline, it was 100*F outside, the cars an automatic (and we all know how much they love to rob us of power), it had been 3k miles since my last royal purple oil change, #2 cylinder is 5 psi less then the rest (old headgasket only leaks under pressure/heavy load, and likes to build up exhaust gasses in my cooling system). After I replace my headgasket, mill the head, new oem valves, bisimoto springs + 3-angle valve job, i'll have my car retested, and see how I sit then.

After doing some research, it appears as if automatics suffer about a 30% power loss. So 110whp * 1.3 = 143 crank hp... not bad for an a1 converted a6 +8hp over an normal a6 in 100* weather on 3k old royal purple, bisi intake gasket, double-stack, p&p h23 plenum & tb, k&n panel, on a motor thats at 90-95% optimal. I can live with that
            Last edited by cloudasc; 06-06-2009, 11:02 PM.

Comment

wow $20 for two pulls..thats not bad!

and damn...30% is alot bro!!!

I want to get mine done after I get my h23a vtec done tomorrow...where are these people located at?

Comment

Originally posted by MyDianaZ06 View Post
                wow $20 for two pulls..thats not bad!

and damn...30% is alot bro!!!

I want to get mine done after I get my h23a vtec done tomorrow...where are these people located at?
                Yeah 30% is rather harsh compared to 15% normally seen for a manual, 25% loss for awd manual, automatic awd =

There phone number and address is on the dyno sheet, but they are off of highway 6 in the copperfield (west houston) area.

With a little patience, some research, mathmatical conversions, & plotting, I have plotted out my wtq from a whp/mph scale. Heres the picture:

This is plotting points follows 250rpm intervals from 3.5k to 6k rpms.

Edit: After doing a little more research the calculation i used for figuring out crank is only accounting for a 25% loss which seems more accurate, just not precise.
                Last edited by cloudasc; 06-08-2009, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Well I got my paycheck, and I plan on getting my headgasket replaced. I already ordered Bisimoto's F22A Non-Vtec Pro Springs, because I plan on having the head resurfaced, new oem valves, seats, retainers and Pro Springs so that once my car is "tunable", I can send my old a1 cam in to Bisimoto for his lvl 2 regrind.

I plan on having the repairs done by the end of next week before the big Austin meet.
                  Last edited by cloudasc; 06-12-2009, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Well I just recieved my Bisimoto F22Ax Pro Spring Kit, I've already delivered them to my mechanics. One of them has an f22a4 that was suffering similiar issues as me, but found a good deal on an f22a6, and swapped it into his daughters accord. So monday they will be pulling the head off that a4 motor, to send it to the machine shop, in exchange for the core of my head & a 2GB memory kit for his work/gaming computer (which my work happens to have a spare kit). In the end, my car should only be the in the shop for 1 day next week, and i'll have a totally refurbished head to slap on my motor that will be ready for Bisimoto's Level 2 Regrind once I figure out and can afford a tunable setup for my car. Here are the pictures of the springs:

Comment

So with these springs and cams you can rev higher correct, as stated on bisi web site they were tested to 10,000 rpm. What do you plan to rev too, and also are you planing to convert to manual tranny?
                      99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

Originally posted by Bboy_Trevstuh View Post
                        So with these springs and cams you can rev higher correct, as stated on bisi web site they were tested to 10,000 rpm. What do you plan to rev too, and also are you planing to convert to manual tranny?
                        His springs are meant for level 2, 3, & X regrinds/hardwelds. His level X will have you revving to 10k.

This motor isn't going to see high rpm duty, bisimoto's lvl 2 regrind has emphasis on 1700-5900 rpms. It should be perfect for the automatic stock shift point around 6k to 6.2k. I would expect the cam to possibly keep making power all the way up to 7k. Currently my balance shafts are still functional, so this motor will not be revving it to the moon (if i was I would have gotten the titanium retainers, and the teflon spacers after bypassing the balance shafts). If I need too, I can manually force the auto to shift higher, but I will only rev to whatever rpm the dyno says peak hp is so at most 7k is my theoretical limit.

I do plan on converting to manual eventually (H23 + LSD), as soon as this tranny decides to take a shit after proper maintence, so far though, its running strong.

Still have plenty of mods to do, I just want to get this HG issue done and over with, its been causing me problems since I bought the car, its only after replacing the radiator, thermostat, and practically all the hoses that by process of elimination has left me with the only possibly culprit, the HG. So yeah, i've been driving this car for the last 3 years, and 60k miles with this problem that only seems to manifest itself in 80+*F weather, and running the a/c at the same time. So yeah, every summertime shit happens. Good thing is, it doesn't seem to have gotten worse.

I figure since the head is coming off and getting "refurbished", might as well take the time to upgrade something, since I can't afford to do p&p headwork at this time due to $$$ (and it requires tunability which means even more $$$). Since bisimotos lvl 2 cam is on my wishlist, and I need a new HG, and the old head needs resurfacing, while its at the machine shop might as well have them replace the seats, valves, retainers and springs along with a valve-job.

The overall cost of having a shop replace my headgasket, and refurbish my head with oem or better parts, along with the machine shop work, and bisimoto's springs as stated above in previous posts, ends up totalling about 1k. Thats a price i'm willing to pay to have a practically new motor imo (since the bottom end of these f22's seem bulletproof).

After my car is fixed, this year, i'll have spent close to 3000 between maintenance, parts, upgrades, and shop labor. I my car that much, thats why I don't mind spending the money, i've invested so much into this car to turn my back on it now. We have a symbiotic relationship, I take care of it, it takes care of me, essentially we've made a pact. I keep it happy, it keeps me happy, if I don't treat it right, it lets me know.
                        Last edited by cloudasc; 06-19-2009, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Ah man those last words made a tear come up, I turned my back on my cb7, and now trying to get another and sell this damn sc, I would like to see what the auto can do with boost and what you plan on doing with the motor. When lee did it the number where even across I think 177hp/177tq I forgot but I know it was even.
                          99 GS300 (Aristo) 2JZ Power

Bought from:gdout, bb6-sh

Comment

I know for dam sure, that if this car wasn't in as good as shape as it was when I got it, i probably would have moved on, this car is an investment, that I reap the rewards of daily. This car should be a "touring" edition, since its been to every state between new york & seattle, seattle & california, seattle to houston. If the earth is 33k miles around along the equator, this car has circled the globe almost 6 times, 184k and still going! I've driven the car equivalent to around the world twice so far. Now that I think about it, I have about as many miles between all cars i've driven as whats registered on the odometer of this car, maybe thats why we make a great team.

Now find a cb7 that was babied, with low mileage, previosly owned by an older person that traded up for a cadilac, like the previos owner of my car did (bought from a cadilac dealership).

Comment

excellent progress! I have no complaints from my Bisimoto valve springs

Formerly 91AccordExR33
                              11.68 @ 127mph
                              417whp/375wtq
                              Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
                                excellent progress! I have no complaints from my Bisimoto valve springs
                                How could springs complain

Lookin forward to seein this build complete. I kinda like that it's auto, I saw the pull video and it has pep for sure

Originally posted by lordoja
                                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
                                X