No announcement yet.

Rilas : 1993 Accord SE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, past two years you've gone crazy on this ride. I can't even quite remember all the mods and the ones you have left over. Like what ever happened to the UCA? totally useless & back to the drawing board?

haha, & the 4WS... ug. I wouldn't dare tackle such a thing. For the fear of it breaking and I need parts. But would be very cool to have!

Comment

Great updates!

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

Is it only 1 bolt that ties the trans stiffener to the oil pan?

Comment

2x 10mm bolts hold the stiffener plate to the oil pan. 1 on the bottom and 1 on the backside.

I'm seriously going to make an effort to make at least 1 post a week to cover a month until I'm caught up on this. I have all the pictures and my log book to build the thread out correctly.
          MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

*prepares for impending awesomeness*
            http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
              *prepares for impending awesomeness*
              Second this!
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

. Phenomenal work.
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Rilas, any updates??
                  Henry R
                  Koni/Neuspeed
                  1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                  1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                  Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                  made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

HenRoc, I do have updates and a lot of them. I will make a true effort after the family and I get moved in February.

A few updates. I technically totaled Lola. I did some thing dumb and spun the car, and the front end ate the guard rail in passing. Which bent the driver side frame rail and ate everything on the corner. I've have since fixed all of this myself except the frame straightening (a shop did this), and she has a white patch upfront to remind me not to do stupid shit again.

Underhood fuse box is now located under the dashboard air bag cover, have access to everything just moving the cover off. I have a set of hinges I want to mod onto this as well, but I haven't had the time.

There are other projects that I have done, but I can't remember right now off the top of my head, oh yeah there is water / methanol injection now as well.

Also I found a Jackson Racing supercharger that was incomplete. I had to fab up parts and come up with some interesting fixes, but a H22 running on 10 PSI with the whine is a beautiful thing.

Due to fixing some issues and not noticing some others that arose, I'm pretty sure I bent a stock rod in Lola and I've found some replacements but haven't gotten them ordered yet.

Mainly due to losing some engines in some of our vehicles in the last 1.5 years.

2009 Pilot - Both cams froze due to oil pump getting weak, timing belt failed and pistons ate valves, but it didn't matter because the head castings are chewed up from the cams freezing. Put in a salvage engine from a local yard. Was in "B" condition, resealed the entire thing got it all back up to new and ready to roll. Made it 210 miles and dropped a valve and that engine is now toast, with a dead cylinder head. I'm currently trying to find a head casting to replace the chewed up one. I have 3 bad heads and a bad block between these 2 engines. Pistons will be getting ordered in the next week or so for this. It's getting bored out and starting over as well. =(

2004 Acura TL - Center of the air filter sucked out and it was sucking in straight dust as we live on our family farm currently. This dusted the motor and wiped out the rings and cylinder walls. There is a ton of Mount St. Helens ash in our dirt so it's very abrasive. I've found a block for this car currently, but it needs to be bored out. Pistons are getting ordered in the next few days. I need to find a reputable machine shop around me as well now.

2002 Ford F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke - Pretty sure a rod broke in half about 1.5 months ago on the way home. Had to walk a mile with my 3 year old to get back to the house. I don't have a plan of action for this right now. I'm trying to just find a parts truck and buy that and swap the motor in.

1993 Honda Accord Coupe "Old Lola" - Took about a month due to life to track down a bad ground causing me to have no low headlight on the drivers side. Got pulled over and got a warning for it once and then parked it until I could get it fixed.

So my main goals are trying to get the 04 TL and the Pilot running again before we move.
                    Last edited by Rilas; 01-30-2024, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Jesus....... none of that was good news. Isn't this the 2nd time for Lola going into the guard rail?

Comment

That is one heck of an update!

Sorry to hear about Lola, but it seems like you’ve managed to nurse her back to health.

Good luck with your J series repairs.
                        Last edited by SSMAccord; 03-07-2024, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          Jesus....... none of that was good news. Isn't this the 2nd time for Lola going into the guard rail?
                          Seriously I know! It's like I don't know how this much crap has failed in one random way or another over the past year. People sometimes ask why we have seven registered vehicles. I say for backups, because of crap like this. It's just kind of unreal.

Raf this is the same one that you have seen, but I didn't let the board know about it. So I have only totaled Lola 1 time! Thank god!

Originally posted by SSMAccord View Post
                          That is one heck of an update!

Sorry to hear about Lola, but it seems like you've managed to nurse her back to health.

Good luck with you J series repairs.
                          Yeah there has been a lot of things that have happened. I feel like we are back on the upswing at this point. Although who knows what the future holds for us.

Lola was all good again until I bent a rod. I'll keep you all updated on that. I've gotten the intake, exhaust and most everything else off the motor getting ready to pull the cylinder head off. But maybe I'll just pull the motor. I don't know as I may or may not need to move this one soon, but I also want to get started back in on it. I might have to resleeve the block again. One of the COP's got raised up and wasn't sitting fully on the plug and I think it got too much fuel in cylinder, was washing the walls and eventually bent the rod. It just all needs to come apart to see what is wrong at this point, but there is a ton of fuel in the oil.

I also have the F23 that I need to finish and I feel like maybe I should just do the F23 with a F22 head, get a decent cam for it, and put the supercharger on it. I also got the mounting adapters for the COP's for the F23 head as well as the F22 head. So no matter what route I go, I will get to retain my COP.

At this point I've torn down so many J motors it's honestly pretty fast and fairly simple. I just need to get all my parts gathered and get the machining done. The one good cylinder head for the Pilot is at a machine shop that only does cylinder heads. They have a good turn around time and do a good job. I really just need to track down the head casting I need. I've been watching the yards just waiting for the correct Honda / Acura to show up with them.

Comment

Well we finally closed on the house on 2/28/24. So updates will be a bit later than I had originally planned on. As I was hoping to be moved in by now and not just finished purchasing the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Rilas View Post
                              Well we finally closed on the house on 2/28/24. So updates will be a bit later than I had originally planned on. As I was hoping to be moved in by now and not just finished purchasing the house.
                              I'm dying to move! And have been for almost a year now. Mortgage rates are through the roof still. Ug.. Best of luck, hope you got what you wanted!

Comment

Congrats on the house closing! Hope the move goes well.

Comment

Working...
                                X