Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Idle problem with ac on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idle problem with ac on

Ever since i did my swap from an F22a1 to an F20a my idle hasnt been right and when i turn on my ac on my idle dies down to about 400rpm and the motor is very shakey and feels like it wants to die...i raised my idle adjustment to compensate but then obviously with the ac off the idle is very high around 1500 or so...IAC motor is working so any thoughts?

Try adjusting the screws on your throttle cable to give a higher idle
    visit vgruk

Comment

you never want to adjust the throttle cable unless its really loose. First clean your iacv, fitv, and TB. If the iacv isn't working right then the idle won't raise for the ac.

The ac lowers the idle when it turns on because it draws power from the engine. The iacv accomodates for the draw.

Any Engine Codes?
      1991 Honda Accord 2DR LX 180,000 Miles RIP

Comment

well i did a simple test to see if my IAC is working i unplugged it while the engine was running and it bogged down so i plugged it back in and went back up so therefore i believe it works..and throttle body is completely clean no dirty...i havent checked my EGR to see maybe if its partially clogged but idk if that would have anything to do with it but as far as engine codes..i have a code for the throttle position sensor so i replaced it and measured the signal voltage when i installed it and set it to about a half a volt at idle but the code remains...would this have anything to do with the fact that im running a swap with the OEM harness and ECU? and yes it draws an excessive amount of power from the engine like literally a crippling amount i have to rev it up good to leave a light cuz the motor feels like its running at half the power

Comment

So you never swapped over harnesses and ecu, and you have a tps code. I would guess thats the issue. I am still running a f22 so I don't know much about swaps, but I would believe thats the issue.

What is your base idle set to. it should be around 550 the iacv is meant to raise the idle anywhere from 100-300 rpms.

My base idle is set to 600 and my idle is around 750-800.

Just one other thing is to check for air in the cooling system. Also have you cleaned the fitv (Fast Idle Thermal Valve) and the air boost.
          1991 Honda Accord 2DR LX 180,000 Miles RIP

Comment

yeah never swapped over the harness and i had a feeling that id have to live any imperfections after the swap with the OE harness and ECU oh well big deal screw it thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
            X