Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Auto trans question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto trans question

Usually when I start off from a light and im really pushing the gas(To the floor) the car will go all the way up to 6k rpm and I hvae to let off the gas to get it to shift to second.

Ive reset the ecu/tcu(Unplugged the battery?) but still no go any advice?

Originally posted by Reignstarz View Post
    Usually when I start off from a light and im really pushing the gas(To the floor) the car will go all the way up to 6k rpm and I hvae to let off the gas to get it to shift to second.

Ive reset the ecu/tcu(Unplugged the battery?) but still no go any advice?
    what happens if you dont let off the pedal?

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
      what happens if you dont let off the pedal?
      That's a good question. Ive been to scared to not let it shift lol I assume it keeps going up on rpm. I think the most I hit was like 7k rpm before and I had to let off.

It kinda floated back down and I hit the gas more and more then it shifted.

Comment

That's a good question. Ive been to scared to not let it shift lol I assume it keeps going up on rpm. I think the most I hit was like 7k rpm before and I had to let off.

It kinda floated back down and I hit the gas more and more then it shifted.
        is it a hard shift or does it feel like its slipping a bit?

Bought from: Bisimoto, FuncOvrForm, HondaGuy1212, wed3k, Konigstiger, 1st2run, BillKisme, k-mart, benjerman112

Comment

Originally posted by H22artman View Post
          is it a hard shift or does it feel like its slipping a bit?
          def not a slip because if it slipped wouldn't it be like if I put the gas to it, it wouldn't go anywhere?

The shift feels fine but I just have to let off the gas and kinda give it a little then it shifts over.

Also when I am driving if I nail it to the groun the rpm jumps up around 5k

Comment

anyone?

ecu?

Comment

When I pedal to the metal in my auto, it shifts at 6.2k in first gear. 2nd gear goes shifts at 6k, and in 3rd i do the throttle trick mentioned in your post, to upshift to fourth at 5.7k since my a1 exhaust system on my a6 bottlenecks starts to bottleneck at that rpm, it would normally shift at around 6k. I have a 0-90 pull video in my Members Ride Thread if you'd like to see a comparison of 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. Also remember that the torque converter when its not locked up will add 200-300 rpms (example: during its shift, or at partial throttle).
              Last edited by cloudasc; 08-08-2009, 05:27 AM.
              PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

late shifting is usually a result of poor fluid condition. Usually too low but old fluid can do it too. (decreased line press and/or poor clutch engagement)

Too high of fluid can cause harsh jarring shifts (increases line press)

I don't drive autos except my wifes 00 and it won't go to 6k.
                *correction...I think it will go to 6k or damn close but not over. it just doesn't have any power

Check your fluid level/condition. IF it isn't cherry red it's old. If it's dark red d&f. If it is purple, d&f with running through gears x2 or x3. If it dark purple to black...d&f with gear through until it's cherry red.

But it seems from replies that this may be normal. To me a 7k shift in an auto family sedan doesn't seem normal but if it's normal it's normal. Just check the fluid to be safe.
                ____

Comment

Pull the dipstick and feel the fluid.
                  You sound very abusive with your ride man....

You probally need to change your fluid.
                  If it feels gritty (like sand is in it) or smells different than new ATF-Z1
                  Then you need to drain and fill the tranny twice (three times to be ultra safe)

Between each drain/fill you need to drive the tranny a short way (best have it go through all gears)

This solved my harsh/delayed shifting.

Also you can take off the tranny solenoids and clean/replace the filters.
                  Not an ECU issue with your lead foot im afraid

BTW:7K auto shift in CB is not possible....
                  Engine rev limits at 6700...
                  Proper maximum shifting for an Accord TCU is 6200 (AT Redline)
                  Remember the TCU is there to PROTECT the engine

The Prelude H22 Auto TCU shifts right at 6700
                  Last edited by CB7Man; 08-08-2009, 05:50 AM.
                  Your man for wiring solutions!
                  CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                  CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

The original question is a bit misleading.
                    The real question is does it or doesn't it shift into 2nd?
                    Btw is the throttle control cable adjusted correctly?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Sounds like it's doing the right thing.

Check the fluid and maybe flush it, not because it's misbehaving, but because you're being so hard on it.

If it didn't go to the redline when you floor it, what would be the point of the redline?

Only use as much throttle as you need to go as fast as you want. Make a note of where your foot is when it goes to second. That's where it should be in the first place.

Comment

when I floor my auto...it goes all the way to redline, then it shifts. So unless your going into the red without it shifting, I wouldnt worry.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                          Pull the dipstick and feel the fluid.
                          You sound very abusive with your ride man....

You probally need to change your fluid.
                          If it feels gritty (like sand is in it) or smells different than new ATF-Z1
                          Then you need to drain and fill the tranny twice (three times to be ultra safe)

Between each drain/fill you need to drive the tranny a short way (best have it go through all gears)

This solved my harsh/delayed shifting.

Also you can take off the tranny solenoids and clean/replace the filters.
                          Not an ECU issue with your lead foot im afraid

BTW:7K auto shift in CB is not possible....
                          Engine rev limits at 6700...
                          Proper maximum shifting for an Accord TCU is 6200 (AT Redline)
                          Remember the TCU is there to PROTECT the engine

The Prelude H22 Auto TCU shifts right at 6700
                          I am an aggressive driver, I don't "Beat" on my car though. There's a difference between beating on it and driving it aggressively.

Let me rephrase this so everyone understands the question.

I'm at a stop light I put the pedal to the floor and it goes up to 6k+ I sometimes touch red is that normal?

Comment

I am an aggressive driver, I don't "Beat" on my car though. There's a difference between beating on it and driving it aggressively.

Let me rephrase this so everyone understands the question.

I'm at a stop light I put the pedal to the floor and it goes up to 6k+ I sometimes touch red is that normal?
                            Yes that is normal, my auto does the same thing.
                            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Working...
                            X