Life after CB7T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life after CB7T

After letting go of my CB7 in 2009 , things have been really different.
    I bought a 96 Civic after and did mild modifications. At the end of the day , it was not as enjoyable as the CB7.
    I went ahead and got a newer Accord back in 2013 , then it all went to Money Burning Lane (though I focused more into paying the car off quicker.)

I'm pretty sure those 4th Gens are familiar , especially to the OG's.
    Me and jdm_inspired are still on the Accord train, eventhough we both got rid of our CB's. I remained in a Sedan , while he remained in a Coupe.

Thought I'd drop by and say hello. I may log in from time to time , however I'm rarely active.

Cheers , fellow Accord owners.

PS: I now daily drive a zippy little Fit. The Accord is a garage queen. 38MPG on the Fit is too enjoyable.
    Last edited by ExplodingCake; 09-08-2017, 10:29 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

hey man those late models are sexy af. keep on keeping on

Comment

2017 seems to be the year of old members popping their heads up.
      Glad to see you're still rocking the Accords.
      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Nice choice on the Fit! I loved mine. Put 390,000 miles on it, then sold it last year to julianachos, who is at around 450,000 now.

Comment

Hola senor.

I'm actually coming up on the 10th anniversary of not having my CB (HOLY CRAP!) as I stuffed it on Sept 30, 2007.

I've run the gamut of vehicles since. Lately the Honda bug has been biting me, but there's no way I could go back since I definitely don't have the money, time or space for a Honda project.

Comment

Good to see you guys are still around. I've been eyeing a Fit as a dd for awhile myself.

Those 8th and 9th gens reallly grew on me..although I hate the fact that you could never get a 6/6 in sedan form.
            Henry R
            Koni/Neuspeed
            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

Your 8th gen is hot! I have to get mines to that status one day.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Thanks guys. Glad you all are doing well.

The Fit is now declared gone. We've been hit by the NorCal fire that happened just a couple of weeks ago. We survived , but everything else is gone.
                At this point, I'm just glad to be alive and not in a coma or 6 feet under.

Last edited by ExplodingCake; 10-25-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Wow Im sorry to hear that man. Glad you are alive, were you able to save some things? Or did you have to high tail it?
                  ~Nick~
                  FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                  MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                    Wow Im sorry to hear that man. Glad you are alive, were you able to save some things? Or did you have to high tail it?
                    I still couldn't believe it and I've been living there for 14 years. Main culprit was the 75 MPH winds. The actual fire was very far from us and could have been contained way before reaching us. High speed winds blew it to a quick spreading. I was able to grab some cash I had lying around and the most important documents, took the family and booked it. I left the Fit behind, because it was on 1/4 tank of fuel ,while the Accord (sitting in the garage) had a full tank and I drove it instead.

Scary part was evacuating the area as everybody was trying to get out of the neighborhood. We were stuck there for a good 40 minutes. Fire embers were landing on our street and started lighting the trees on fire. Smoke was very thick and it was saturating the interior cabin really bad. I was starting to feel lightheaded and was fearing of blacking out and burning to a steak there.

By the time we got out of there , we were told some of the houses (including ours) was already starting to burn.

We're all ok , thank God. Now comes the long road to recovery and rebuild.
                    Last edited by ExplodingCake; 10-26-2017, 12:38 AM.

Comment

Hello. Long Time but this thread I can relate too. currently my CB7 coupe is mothballed in the garage and Ive been just rucking it since I don't work very far from home and my free time is traveling and pokemon Go.

Nice to see some familiar names.

Comment

Damn, sorry about your losses man. As long as you and your family are OK.

Life after CBs has been good for me. I tried to recreate the magic and failed. That said I have an 8th gen Civic, non Si. Reminds me a lot of the CB7. I'm about 99% set on selling it, but part of me wants to slap a turbo on it and keep it around.

Originally posted by lordoja
                        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Hey it's been a while.

A little update: Lost the family house during the October fires , however me and the fam are getting closer to rebuilding.

My Honda Fit is totally gone along with the rest of our stuff. Despite all the madness , we're just glad to be alive and unhurt.

What remained of our old neighborhood. Only thing standing is that flag I planted when the barricade was lifted.

On a different topic , here's an update on my Accord.

Last edited by ExplodingCake; 02-20-2018, 12:09 AM.

Comment

thats nuts. what did the house look like before?

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
                            01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
                            93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
                            93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

Always have to count your blessings! Glad you and your family are ok.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X