Good PS4 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good PS4 Games

I'm wondering what everyone else is playing and what they recommend.

I'm thinking about getting Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age, Lords of the Fallen & Final Fantasy XIV.

There doesn't seem to be any good racing games for PS4. I wish Grand Turismo 6 would come out on this console...

Originally posted by lucifer1 View Post
    Ps4 is not backwards compatible?
    No.

Its only selectively backwards compatible and then the games have to be downloaded. Yeah, that's kinda crappy and I don't much care for that "feature".

I want to play Gran Turismo 6 but I can't. Kinda aggravated about it too.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
      I'm wondering what everyone else is playing and what they recommend.

I'm thinking about getting Assassin's Creed, Dragon Age, Lords of the Fallen & Final Fantasy XIV.

There doesn't seem to be any good racing games for PS4. I wish Grand Turismo 6 would come out on this console...
      Assassins Creed Unity , Shadow of Mordor & Watch Dogs highly recommended.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
      1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
      2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
      2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
      2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
      2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by ExplodingCake View Post
        Assassins Creed Unity , Shadow of Mordor & Watch Dogs highly recommended.
        Awesome, I might go pickup Assassins Creed Unity today.

Comment

I downloaded Battlefield 4 from the PlayStation download thing. Cost $12. It's the best game of the genre I have ever played. By far. Spanks COD's ass. Can't beat it for $12.

I beat Assassins Creed. Pretty good game, great story line.

Comment

The fact that I can't play GT6 seriously pisses me off!

I have Assassin's Creed Black Flag, and I've played it a bit. Gets boring after a while, though. I just have a hard time getting into these games where you roam around openly, then engage in a random event that seems to have no real purpose, get involved in little side quests that also serve no purpose, and eventually somehow stumble back onto the main storyline (often in a way that feels very contrived, despite the game's attempt to not feel linear... just make the damn thing linear!)

Have you played The Last of Us yet? I watched my friend play through that. One of the greatest games ever. I didn't have the patience to play it myself, but watching him play it was like watching a movie! Incredible character development. It's very linear, but I feel it's done in a way that keeps gameplay lively, without bogging down the flow of the story unnecessarily.

I'm eagerly awaiting GT7, which will likely come out in 2-3 years (as the PS4 is getting ready to be replaced, no doubt...)
            Other than that, I can't find a game that really catches my interest. My favorite games of all time are usually RPGs from the SNES and PS1 era. It's sad that I can find games that appeal to me more on my phone than on my $400 gaming system!

Comment

Not being able to play GT6 is very disappointing.

Assassin's Creed Black Flag I played and was content with. I do completely understand where you are coming from. As much as I glorify Skyrim The Elder Scrolls, it was kind of the same way as you described.

I have not played The Last Of Us as of yet but I have had my eye on it. From your description it sounds like it should be one of the next games I pick up.

GT7 is definitely a game I'm waiting for. It's a shame we have to wait that long but I guess that's how it works.

RPG's are cool. I have played and liked a couple MMORPG's but none that kept my interest. Basically I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Lately I have been playing Battlefield 4 on PS4 and playing the latest Civilization game on my laptop.

Comment

I have Skyrim on my PC right now. I liked it while I played it... but yeah, same thing. It seems to be the trend these days. My problem with Skyrim seemed to be a glitch. I took down a dragon with a weak long distance spell. Took forever... and the damn thing died somewhere out of sight. I couldn't find the body, and therefore couldn't progress with the game! I just gave up.
                I really do wish I could get into those types of games! The Elder Scrolls games, the GTA games, the Assassins Creed games...

I could never get into the MMO games. I'm not a fan of playing games with people I don't know or can't see! I despise talking on the phone, and any online multiplayer game seems like a conference call where everyone is distracted, and half of the participants are pre-pubescent. I prefer my video games to be solitary and antisocial!

Old stuff, like Final Fantasy 6-10 (though I always think of 6 as 3, as I knew it on the SNES), Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Wild Arms, the Breath of Fire series, Tales of Phantasia... Those are my types of games!
                I've seen a few attempts to recreate the style on mobile devices, but not many games truly capture the magic of the old 90's era games. The Koreans have pretty much cornered the cookie-cutter RPG/Adventure (Zelda style) market for mobile devices anyway. BUT, I'm going way off topic.

Honestly, I'm wondering what the point of the PS4 is. They're still making PS3 games, and the PS4's advanced capabilities don't seem to be a factor in improving games in the least! Nothing looks better. Nothing seems to play any better.
                My PS4 is a glorified Netflix machine.

Comment

That can and does happen on Skyrim. 45 hours in, same thing, a glitch happened to me where I could no longer progress through the game because a guy I was supposed to be working with would follow me and attack me. Never could I get away and never would he stop. I would even fast travel across the map and the guy would run across the entire map to come try and kill me. Sure as can be, in 10 mins or so here he would come, axe in hand ready to chop my head off in a fury. And he was one of the guys who you could knock down for a few seconds but he wouldn't die. So yeah, it was pretty annoying. I ended up just starting a new profile.

I never got into any MMO games either. I think I may have played each one for maybe 8-10 hours when they first came out. Just enough to see what they were about.

My GF loves Final Fantasy. She also likes Metal Gear Solid.

I think I was 8 or so when I first played Zelda Ocarina of Time. I still remember how awesome of a game that was. I want them to redo it on a new console so bad. It's crazy that I still remember the names like The Great Deku Tree, Lake Hylia, Lost Woods and so on. So many years ago I payed that game. Almost 20 years ago!

The way they are still supporting the PS3 is frustrating to me as a PS4 owner. I have been told that the games capabilities have not caught up with the consoles capabilities. But I haven't a clue to if that is true or not. I'm watching Netflix on mine right now actually. The 360 got disconnected! For the first time since March of 2010. Poor thing went back into it's original box.

Comment

If my 360(s... I have 2 of them, both suffering from heat-related issues) still worked, I'd be using them instead! Forza is a reasonable replacement for Gran Turismo, and I think I'm still 2 games behind in Forza!

Holy crap... you're younger than I realized. I was 18 when Ocarina of Time came out! I never did finish that. I can't remember why I stopped. I preferred the 2D Zelda games. The original Legend of Zelda is amazing. I just played through it again last year. A Link to the Past was also incredible. I've been meaning to fire that up again.
                    I still have my copy of Ocarina of Time, as well as my N64 (that for some reason doesn't work.) I actually have ALL of my gaming systems still. Even the broken ones. Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Gameboy, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, Gamecube (got it from a CB7tuner member), PS1, PS2, XBOX, XBOX360, PSP, PS4 (got it from a CB7tuner member also, in trade for my 86 Accord.)

Comment

Forza is a pretty decent game and I feel it's a reasonable replacement for GT as well. I think I started paying Forza when Forza 3 came out and have been playing ever since.

Yeah, lol I'll be 25 this year. The original Legend of Zelda is awesome but I don't own it nor did I have the importunity to play it very much years ago. But I do remember it and remember liking it a lot.

I have my N64 still as well but I don't think I have turned it on in well over 10 years.

I think you listed almost every single console that ever came out... that's pretty cool! And quite the collection. I have a PS2, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360, N64, and a Gamecube. You got a PS4 in trade for your 86? That turned out being a pretty useful trade on your end. Or at least IMO.

Comment

Well, he got 3 engines, 2 transmissions, and a rust free car with 125,000 miles on it. But he gave me the PS4, about 7 games, and a brand new sway bar for the CB7.
                        I was looking to get $1000 for the car and parts, so I feel we both got a good deal. He has already purchased another PS4. He also got the 86 on the road, which is more than I've ever done myself!

I like Forza starting with 3. 1 and 2 have irritating physics. The slightest touch of a wall sends you into a spin. Annoying, since I'm used to GT games where I bounce off walls purposely!

Comment

I forgot he received the engines and transmissions as well. I would agree that you both got alright deals.

Forza Horizon was the last one I played. I played it quite a bit and enjoyed the fact that it's not 100% on a race track like all the others. But I really like all the Forza's I have played.

Comment

I really wish we had more options with the realism of Forza and GT, but with "boring" cars.
                            I know it's fun to race dream cars, but I always get a kick out of playing with cars that I own, have owned, or could own.

When I got Forza 3, I was stoked to purchase a white GE8 Fit and make it look like mine. I even made a Cb7tuner thing to stick on the back of it!

Comment

Working...
                            X