Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22a swap...new at all this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22a swap...new at all this.

Okay, so I am starting to consider doing my first swap and I want to go with the H22a. I really don't know a whole lot abot this kind of thing and my question is... does this engine from this website seem legit? http://www.japanmotorimport.com/JDM_...M%20H22A_92-95
    Also, in the list of things it comes with, is there anything missing that I would need? And how do I know if it is OBD1 or OBD2?

92-96 is OBD1. 97-01 is OBD2.

Comment

you might need a mounting kit.

Comment

Yeah the swap looks official, its fairly uncomplicated to tackle, the h-swap that is. But its more than likely a obd1 motor and ecu, if I'm not mistaken h22a's were predominatly obd1 engines. But there are plenty of writeups here and honda-tech for the h22 swap into our CB, and the CD chassis'. Goodluck, read everything you can. Knowledge is power.

Originally posted by SE_DynamiK
        L M F A O !! Here's some advice: if you want to run 14's, don't sit at the light for 3 seconds after it turns green.

Comment

Be cautious about engines from companies in Canada, they can easily screw you if the engine turns out to be junk.

Hmotorsonline is always a safe bet.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

I bought my motor from Japan Motor Import in Montreal, the difference is I went there and checked out several motors in person before deciding on one...that is all I will say

SOLD!!
            Boosted H22
            375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
              Be cautious about engines from companies in Canada, they can easily screw you if the engine turns out to be junk.

Hmotorsonline is always a safe bet.
              well I live in Canada, so its easier for me to deal with them selling me a faulty engine then it would be for someone living in the States. Hahaha I'm only 17 and I'm just getting into this whole tuning thing so as of right now I don't know all that much. I just enjoy doing this and working on my car is honestly my passion so that's why I do it. I appreciate all your guys' help.

Comment

Originally posted by capo_status View Post
                well I live in Canada, so its easier for me to deal with them selling me a faulty engine then it would be for someone living in the States. Hahaha I'm only 17 and I'm just getting into this whole tuning thing so as of right now I don't know all that much. I just enjoy doing this and working on my car is honestly my passion so that's why I do it. I appreciate all your guys' help.
                Whereabouts are you in this great country of ours?

SOLD!!
                Boosted H22

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb View Post
                  Whereabouts are you in this great country of ours?
                  Edmonton, Alberta. How about you?

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy_J View Post
                    92-96 is OBD1. 97-01 is OBD2.
                    OBD2 began with 1996.

Originally posted by 93Frost_cb7 View Post
                    you might need a mounting kit.
                    You clearly don't know what you're talking about. Please don't give bad advice.
                    No mount kit is needed.

Comment

My other question is...if I was to do this swap, would anything need to be done on my suspension, because I have read in a few places that I need to also do some work on my suspension if I do this swap.

Comment

Originally posted by capo_status View Post
                        My other question is...if I was to do this swap, would anything need to be done on my suspension, because I have read in a few places that I need to also do some work on my suspension if I do this swap.
                        I'm in Ottawa/Gatineau...and to answer your question, no you don't have to do anything to the suspension when you do the swap, so you don't have to worry about that

SOLD!!
                        Boosted H22

Comment

haha complete opposite side of the country. If I was to get the swap done professionaly, how long would it take/how much do you think it would cost? I am not very experienced with this sort of thing at all, so I'm not sure if I would be able to complete it on my own.

Comment

If you get it done professionally, it depends on who does it for you. You'd have to ask them. I ended up paying about $4500 for my swap (motor, parts, and labor)... WAY too much. Given the chance to do it again, I'd do it myself. I have to re-do most of their stupid mistakes anyway. The guides on this site are very detailed.

Comment

try jdmtigerjapanese.com

they are cheap and none of my friends have had problems with them

Soon to have the first *Bottle Fed Accord* in MI!

Vouch For: fatboy1185

Comment

Working...
                              X