Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

first swap, need advice!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first swap, need advice!!!!

ok im trying to decide what swap run. this is my first swap. and i was thinking of either a F20b or an H22. i know that the H is more common but i was looking at the F20b and i was just wondering what was better. and i can get a F for about 1000 dollars cheaper than the H

dude...for your first swap...just go with the H22.

the F20B will be more of a pain in the ass for someone who hasnt ever swapped an engine.

Read up on the swaps in the "swaps" part of the forum.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Just go with the H. Bigger is better in a way also

Comment

since the h22 is more widely swapped, it would probably be easier to find info/parts for it.
        so for your first swap, i believe you would be more pleased with the h22.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7-JDM View Post
          ok im trying to decide what swap run. this is my first swap. and i was thinking of either a F20b or an H22. i know that the H is more common but i was looking at the F20b and i was just wondering what was better. and i can get a F for about 1000 dollars cheaper than the H
          1000 cheaper than H??? Is that mean you getting F for free?

H is not that expensive you know

hey if it is Free

F > H

Comment

go with h22, there's sooo many infos for this swap, just make sure u do the right way, like change all the motor mounts and others b4 u drop in the h22 motor, or else its a lot harder to change it with the motor in

Comment

Originally posted by XcluziveAZN View Post
              1000 cheaper than H??? Is that mean you getting F for free?

H is not that expensive you know

hey if it is Free

F > H
              Def agree..i got my h22 for 1022 shipped..u def need to go with the H22 swap..easiest fuken swap ever..ive had an h series in my cb7 as well and i was not dissapointed one bit! all u gotta do is drop that motor and do the wiring and BAM u got ur swap.

Comment

u sound way too easy, but u still have to do more stuffs, suspension is must and others

Comment

An F $1000 cheaper than an H? The F20B is a newer motor than most of the H22 swaps you're going to get cheap.

Sounds to me like you're looking at the SOHC F20B... which... well... sucks.

Comment

IMO, I would go with the H22.

I love mine. I'm pushing 200+ HP NA.

Comment

I would build the F rather than go with an H. course thats because im die hard single cam. The f20b vtec DOHC engine is very fun to drive and is a rev monster. But its not a very affordable engine. If your dead set on swapping go with the h22 Its a cheap and very easy swap to do.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                      member ride thread
                      11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                      DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                      People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                      I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                      John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

For a swap, the H22A is the best bang for the buck. The F20B DOHC VTEC motor is good, but it is often more costly, requires an OBD2 to OBD1 conversion, and there are a few parts that aren't interchangable with the H22A (which means they aren't easy to find in the US).
                        Building the F22A is also a good idea. NA, the F22A has plenty of potential, but to reach H22 power levels, you're sacrificing a bit of drivability. Turbo, the F22A would ALWAYS be my choice.

Comment

How can you get an f for 1k cheaper then an h. I only paid 993 for my H22 shipped from canada to Arkansas. Shop around a bit before you jump on one. there are some good deals out there, you just have to find them. My motor came complete with dizzy and harness. Let me know if you want the contact info for the place I got mine.

click to see my ride
                          click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Here you go!!!! http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=136719

click to see my ride
                            click to check out my bb6 dash swap

Comment

Originally posted by moetan View Post
                              How can you get an f for 1k cheaper then an h. I only paid 993 for my H22 shipped from canada to Arkansas. Shop around a bit before you jump on one. there are some good deals out there, you just have to find them. My motor came complete with dizzy and harness. Let me know if you want the contact info for the place I got mine.
                              Be VERY careful buying from Canada, though. The prices are better, but if you get a bad motor, you're pretty much out of luck. If the company won't step up and make it right, it's far too expensive to try to sue them... an international lawsuit isn't worth it for $1000. Many of the Canadian companies know this, and they will send bad motors to the US. Not all of them are shady, but the lower the price, the greater your chances are that they're junk. Figure, if you can get an H22 for $1000 shipped from another country, that company is STILL making enough profit on that motor to make it worth their while... How many companies are going to get H22s that cheap, and be able to ensure that they're running? They're probably grabbing them from boneyards in Japan (or worse, Australia... where the mileage is undoubtedly higher), HOPING that they're not trash, and then stuffing them in their warehouse. It costs money to pay someone to test each and every one...

Comment

Working...
                              X