af_1132 : 1993 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FINALLY finished and posted the remote eTune video:

I can't say enough positive things about my entire experience with John Vega and Phearable.net. He made this experience so enjoyable for me, and is experienced enough to care for my car from over 2500 miles away. I indirectly learned so much about the s300 software and the methods by which to monitor my engine and adjust my ECU settings. He was so patient while he waited for me to get my car back online after the fuel stud incident. All in all, he re-calibrated the tune 8 times, well more than I anticipated. While you don't get a horsepower number, you do get this incredible experience, and you are able to datalog on your timeframe and watch your engine come to life.

Thank you sir, and here's to you growing your business in the future!
    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

Awesome videos! I am now subscribed and watched a several of them! Keep it going man!

Comment

I saw that today! Much appreciated supreme OG. I am glad to do what I can to keep the CB7 relevant and worth building in people's minds.

MRT
        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

I went to the smog shop, with the stock intake system on, hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

The headers and the AEM fuel components in the bay don't allow a visual pass, and even if I swapped over a DC sports CARB E.O. header, it was not passing emissions testing anyway. Both CO and Hydrocarbon numbers were above the maximum allowed unless one of the black box vaccum tubes were unhooked. I'm not about to mess with the tune from Phearable to make it pass by leaning it out.

Apparently, CA BAR has been sending rouge state reps with cars like mine to bust the shops that allow cars to pass that shouldn't. Then, a $1000 fine is assessed to the shop. This shop was actually willing to do it, even keep the car overnight, for a small "extra" fee, but the whole situation was really sketchy. He wasn't even sure if I was actually from the state trying to bust him.

Last time I got this car to pass at this shop, they were under different management and ignored the fuel components, but the car passed emissions with the F22 on a tune from Blacktrax. However, they, without me knowing, did not save my car in their system, most likely to erase my record of being there.

Before they did the full test, which would send the data to the state, I decided to pull the plug on the smog to not put the shop in any kind of jeopardy. My CB7 just isn't street legal, and I am not going to jeopardize a reputable shop by engaging in these kinds of illegal antics.

The car will be retired from street use, and I will have to trailer it from the racetrack and back. This will eventually mean a double axle trailer with brakes, new rig to replace the Pilot and/or a tow package to replace the stock rear differential on the Pilot. So be it. Now, I can finally remove all that blackbox/canister crap, and block off the EGR.

I'm no fan of California's emission standards, but my small presence on YT is an avenue to set a good example to other people who want to modify their cars in CA.

MRT
          Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Yeah, CA ain't no joke when it comes to CARB, sorta. I learned a lot while living there.

Glad to see you're enjoying her to the best allowed by your circumstances. Sounds good, too.

Keep plugin' and chuggin'. You'll find your way with her besides the track. I'm sure you CAN get it where it needs to be to pass smog.
            Last edited by Straight Success; 01-04-2020, 10:29 AM.
            The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

One of the reason I don’t ever want to live in Cali unless I’m stationed there. Smog laws are crazy, taxes are crazy, and some of the people are too. But looking forward to more track videos and I commend you for doing the right thing.
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Success View Post
                Yeah, CA ain't no joke when it comes to CARB, sorta. I learned a lot while living there.

Glad to see you're enjoying her to the best allowed by your circumstances. Sounds good, too.

Keep plugin' and chuggin'. You'll find your way with her besides the track. I'm sure you CAN get it where it needs to be to pass smog.
                Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
                One of the reason I don’t ever want to live in Cali unless I’m stationed there. Smog laws are crazy, taxes are crazy, and some of the people are too. But looking forward to more track videos and I commend you for doing the right thing.
                Thanks for the encouragement, guys. We will thrive on and power through this. I'm about to go get my sample of oil from the pan for Blackstone to see what is going on there.

MRT
                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Got the oil analysis back from Blackstone. All is well, since there was 0ppm lead and way less ppm of copper and iron than averages: all metals used in the bearings.

Now that I am no longer nervous about that, I know my motor is healthy, and I am tuned up, I decided to do another pull in the same spot as the others I've done.

The camera is so shaky, and I apologize for that. This thing is hard to handle when attempting to film the cluster and I don't have a go-pro to attach like jdm92accorn did (RIP his car).

The e-break light being on just happened, and I guess I need to look for corrosion at the connection. It actually goes out when turning right, but not left.

Also, my tach is reading around 10% high, so I will have to take the cluster off and re-calibrate.

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Wow, it's definitely been a few months since I posted on here, but I have some big Summer 2020 updates!

1. Did the ROH 4-lug conversion with Power Stop Evolution rotors for the '98-'99 3.0 CL, the '98-'99 CL 2.3L hubs, and I kept my Nissin 25T calipers and brackets.
                    2. Replaced front lower ball joints with two new Moogs, that was not fun.
                    3. Installed a Benen rear tow hook (only cause I have to follow the rules, a nice piece though)
                    4. Installed a Marshall oil pressure gauge with 4 ft. of steel braided lines, 1/8" NPT fittings, and 4AN adapters.

Here's the video documenting the project:

Look ahead to Wednesday for the track day video!

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Looking good brother, I have a H23A Tuned as-well.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

Yeah bud, the H23A is great fun. Thanks for stopping by.

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Originally posted by af_1132 View Post
                          Yeah bud, the H23A is great fun. Thanks for stopping by.

No problem, I will follow you on youtube to stay update on your build.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

All right, as promised, my track day video is here!

I wanted to get under 1:50.00 at this track day, but a few things stopped me, and I was only able to pull a 1:52.889 (still, a good improvement over the previous 1:55.317):

1. Brakes: Excalibur02 pointed out to me that I may have a leak in my master cylinder. Sure enough, it became clear at the track when I found the run of fluid down the brake booster, which started to take off the black paint. It drips onto the prop. valve, so it is hard to know if that failed as well. I was definitely using 4-3 downshifts to help slow down with the squishy brakes. It may be time to look at a MC S2000 type upgrade, and maybe a prop. valve upgrade as well.

2. Oil pressure: while I always had 20+ psi on the long left-handers, it was not enough for VTEC consistently as I exited those turns, as you will hear. It was REALLY irritating, but an accusump is definitely needed. I will also be looking into dry sump systems, and see if any that exist for H22s can be made to work on this block. I'm so sick of the oil sloshing issue, you don't even know.

3. Oil leakage: oil was seeping out of the timing rubber knob cover between the block and the trans, so...that's not good and we know what that will most likely mean. A new flywheel/clutch may be in order after an inspection at the same time (I'm not sure the flywheel will be serviceable anymore, it's been in use since 2015). I also have to redo the oil pan gasket, since it is seeping from the driver rear corner. It's much harder to tighten these bolts when there is a kicked out sump in the Moroso pan, so I may have over-tightened.

4. Seat: In turns 2 and 9, especially 9, I have to brace my right hand on the e-brake to stay in the stock seat. It's becoming a problem, and I need to look at seats that hold me in better. Kirkey is the first place I am going to look. In addition, I will have to invest in a 5-point harness and I might as well get a full cage made.

Eeek...anyway, onto the fun. It was a ton of fun!

Last edited by af_1132; 08-05-2020, 12:41 PM.

MRT
                            Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Cool video. It looks like you did really good. Sucks to hear that the Moroso pan doesn't fully alleviate the oil pressure issue. It seems like you have a plan to rectify the issues before the next track outing.
                              http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Yeah man, thanks! I just wish the accusump was all I had to do. While the break leak will be a straightforward fix, the rear main seal will not. I just cannot justify putting that worn down flywheel right back on there.

MRT
                                Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph

Comment

Working...
                                X