Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cleaning IM and engine storage ?s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning IM and engine storage ?s

Got my cylinder head off gonna take it to the machine shop next week. What is the best way to store the engine block while it waits for the head to get machined? Any other tips welcome. Also, while it sits I got the IM off, any tips on cleaning it?

You can use a soft rag and coat the cylinder walls with engine oil. Also heard of people using wd-40 or atf on the cylinder walls. Some people say wrap in plastic and some say sit the block on wood and cover it with a sheet or blanket. Its best to have it in a humidity controlled environment. The lower the humidity the better of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss View Post
      You can use a soft rag and coat the cylinder walls with engine oil. Also heard of people using wd-40 or atf on the cylinder walls. Some people say wrap in plastic and some say sit the block on wood and cover it with a sheet or blanket. Its best to have it in a humidity controlled environment. The lower the humidity the better of course.
      I live in vegas so humidity isnt really a factor. Thanks for the tip for the cylinder walls think i will do that. Covered the block with a plastic garbage bag.

Anyone know if its ok to use a brush and carb cleaner to scrub the heck out of the inside and outside of the intake (taking care not to spray the connectors)?

Comment

my engine has been stored for 3 years now and all i did was give a thin layer on the cylnder walls and wrapped the shit out of it with box plastic wrap. when I went home 3 months ago I undid the plastic to check for rust and there was no rust found. So i applied small amount of oil again and rewrapped for another 2-3 years of storage til i get back to florida. Also it is garage kept and on an engine stand
        ~Nick~
        FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
        MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
        X