miss the good ole days on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miss the good ole days on here

miss the goood ole days here. lots of convos and info. meets and my turbo cb7. man does time fly. just checking in again to see how some of you old farts are doing. got into the volvos somehow and it dont seem to bad. well all mine are 2005s (3 of them) had 5 at one point. just chugging along in this life ya know...
    miss my turbo cb7
    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

What is with this recent influx of old members checking in? Crazy.

Got any pics of the Volvos? There are a number of their wagons I would love to build.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Plenty of us old farts still around!

My CB7 got totaled by some jackass back in December, though. I now have a '15 CR-Z, '06 CTS-V, and '09 Fit with 390,000 miles on it (desperately hoping someone will be willing to trade me a 1st gen Miata for it! )

Definitely post some pics of the Volvos! I've been considering ditching my CTS-V in favor of a clean V70 R (though losing 3 cylinders and 100hp would hurt a little.) I love Volvos.

Comment

Still farting around here too.

Still got the CB. Still love it. Just not daily'n it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
          Because they all miss their CB7s. I'll really be an old member at the end of the month - 58 - where'd the time go?
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I don't miss my cb7 lol. I moved on to better cars in my eyes. It was a good car to learn from though. Great community here and I have met a bunch of guys who I can consider my friends even though I've never met face to face to some. We all had our disagreements at some point, but looking at it now, I'm still glad I can pop in and say whats up to those who are still here.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              Because they all miss their CB7s. I'll really be an old member at the end of the month - 58 - where'd the time go?
              You were in your 40s when you joined! (barely, but still!)

I definitely miss mine. Technically, I haven't had a CB7 since... wow... since you joined! I only drove it for a few weeks in 2008 until it went down for good. I don't know if I'll ever get another, as any other won't be the same as mine. I had a 2nd one at one time, and I never got attached to it. Bummed me out when I wrecked it, but I never felt the way about that car as I did about my 92 LX.

Originally posted by GHOST 2.2 View Post
              I don't miss my cb7 lol. I moved on to better cars in my eyes. It was a good car to learn from though. Great community here and I have met a bunch of guys who I can consider my friends even though I've never met face to face to some. We all had our disagreements at some point, but looking at it now, I'm still glad I can pop in and say whats up to those who are still here.
              Plus, you're still a moderator!

Comment

My "good ole days" started last year :P

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  Plus, you're still a moderator!
                  True. Although it be nice to have my sn in bold some day. Even for 1 day. lol

Comment

and once the last 2 s40s are gone and wrecked s60 ill be searching for a low mileage s60r at the auction. fixing that up and settling down with it. i got so used to them its like second had now. i have to change a cam seal in the one s40 this past sunday and had the side engine taken apart, timing off, gear off, new seal on and timing back on car running in less than 2 hrs. so its not too bad. just want a s60r so i could do some ungrades and have a nice 400hp daily weekend trip car for a long time or until i get really bored of it.
                    miss my turbo cb7
                    moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      You were in your 40s when you joined! (barely, but still!)
                      And I'd already been driving Ruby (90 LX) for 12 years and the 93 LX for 3 years by the time I joined.
                      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                        miss the goood ole days here. lots of convos and info. meets and my turbo cb7. man does time fly. just checking in again to see how some of you old farts are doing. got into the volvos somehow and it dont seem to bad. well all mine are 2005s (3 of them) had 5 at one point. just chugging along in this life ya know...
                        That's where I started before I got into CB7's! Granted mine just had a system in it and a hackjob of an exhaust it was a beast. I want another one myself. I had a 1989 740

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post

Got any pics of the Volvos? There are a number of their wagons I would love to build.
                        Do I count as an old member? LOL
                        The CB7 Collector.
                        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                        92 LX Coupe F22A1
                        2013 Toyota Corolla S
                        92 EX Sedan F22A1
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

I guess technically I'm old by my join date...since I was pretty much a kid when I joined. I only recently started getting somewhat serious about modding.

Definitely pics of the Volvo. I've been looking at them recently too. They would make awesome sleepers. Those and a modded Prius. Nobody would see that coming.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post

and once the last 2 s40s are gone and wrecked s60 ill be searching for a low mileage s60r at the auction. fixing that up and settling down with it. i got so used to them its like second had now. i have to change a cam seal in the one s40 this past sunday and had the side engine taken apart, timing off, gear off, new seal on and timing back on car running in less than 2 hrs. so its not too bad. just want a s60r so i could do some ungrades and have a nice 400hp daily weekend trip car for a long time or until i get really bored of it.
                            That's exactly what I would want! After having my CTS-V, I hate the idea of going down in horsepower. Still, turbo makes it easy to gain more power! As long as they don't blow up.

If I ever do get an S60R or V70R, I'm calling on you for help!

My fiancee's mom had a 98 S70, and just upgraded to a newer S60 (haven't seen that yet.) The S70's seats were absolute heaven.
                            I really do love Volvo. Total unpretentious quality. Performance isn't quite on par with the other big Euros... but there's just something about Volvos of any year. All the others seem like they're trying too hard to be fancy, high quality cars. Brands like BMW, Audi, and Mercedes Benz definitely succeed... but they never cease reminding you how fancy they are. Volvo just IS. Even in the Ford years (which is pretty much anything even remotely relevant today in a non-"retro" sense), they were just put together well. Volvo is the Chuck Norris in a world full of John Cenas.

Comment

sonik, the Japanese mod Priuses as much as anything else, it seems. These last couple generations aren't bad looking cars either, imo. It's the owners that annoy me.

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                              Do I count as an old member? LOL
                              I joined just after you, and never left. I don't consider myself an old member though. I just don't feel like my old sedan has yet earned a place in some fond heyday. I still have its heart, so it's just been in a sort of coma, lol.

...All these geezers stinkin' up the joint, whining about "back in my day, we did our engine swaps on driveways that were uphill both ways!"

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Working...
                              X