oldest modern looking vehicle you can think of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oldest modern looking vehicle you can think of

Whats the oldest looking vehicle you can think of that can still blend into traffic today without NORMAL non car people noticing it's old.

And by that I mean like this. We as car people can tell the year of almost any car , but many non car people cannot and could easily believe it's not that old.

There are many cars that "last a long time" and are "still on the road" , but these cars visually look old.

I think probably the best one is the 92 econoline van. but what others do you know?

That's a really good one. The 1992-2007 E series Ford van might just take the cake.

Edit...

Not that old in a way, but the 1999-2003 BMW Z8.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 09-03-2015, 08:08 PM.

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with the delorean.

Edit: pic way too big
      Last edited by muhammedmian; 09-03-2015, 07:35 PM.
      Originally posted by cb7dazz
      And you're english is much better than some people on this board and it's their primary language.
      Originally posted by Jarrett
      ...for example

Comment

^^ beat me to it so 3rd gen rx7 for me.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

NORMAL non car people can't tell Porsche apart.

Comment

perhaps the 92 dodge viper?

Comment

Originally posted by muhammedmian View Post
              I'm gonna have to go with the delorean.

Edit: pic way too big
              IDK the delorean looked modern back in 81 but today I think the double square headlights kinda give is away as being older.

Comment

1979 Mercedes G-Wagen

2015 Mercedes G-Wagen

That's probably not what the question is though.

Realistically, the first use of non-sealed beam headlamps in the US was 1984, so the earliest model that you could even argue would be the Lincoln Mark VII, not that it looks particularly modern.

Comment

Well I guess it's about going unnoticed , in terms of age. The delorean is sorta so iconic to the 80's a lot non car people would recognize it as being an 80's car , it might be a kinda weird exception.

It was very ahead of it's time in terms of looks and materials. I just avoided it because most people would notice it as a cool 80's car. Idk the question is SUPER general so it doesn't really matter anyway lol

Comment

This is the oldest possible vehicle I could come up with , 1940's oshkosh snow plow.

Only reason being that the vehicle just looks like a piece of construction equipment. The plow hides the front pretty well

Course a lot of semi's and large military trucks could qualify as they never really get much better looking over the years

Comment

The z32 300zx. I thought it wouldve been said by now!
                      Looking for a new CB. Sell me yours!

Comment

Lexus sc300/400

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I think you could convince any lay person that a 1991 NSX in pristine condition was a car that just left a dealer lot the week before. Until they get inside it, of course.
                          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

And I think you all are exaggerating how ignorant normal people are to car design. Except for the Z8, everything posted so far looks seriously dated. Modern cars, even the everyday stuff, are getting very angular and wild. Lots of metallic paints these days too, '90s cars even with new OE paint can look dull in comparison. The G-wagon is more a case of a new car that looks old just because the manufacturer kept the design around (better example would be the Land Rover Defender). By that logic, you may as well say that a Morgan Aero looks modern. Luxury cars don't work here because, at least in America, they're more fashion/status accessories than anything else and so the designs aren't at all timeless. If you don't have one of the latest two generations of an Audi/BMW/Merc, it's kinda obvious. Older supercars/high-end sports cars might fool people. '99 996 911, '99 Ferrari 360, '92 McLaren F1. NSX? I really don't think so - maybe a face-lifted model. A '99+ RX7 might work; the earlier bumpers look very '90s, but I think the Series 8 might have what it takes with the larger openings. But then I look at one and think "C5 Corvette" and those have evolved quite a bit in just two generations.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

94 3000gt

Comment

Working...
                              X