Facebook Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook Group

Any of you guys on the cb7 accords facebook group? There's a ton of members (and people requesting to get in) and it's pretty active. Curious if there's much overlap between cb7tuner and the group
    Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

There are a ton of CB7 groups... many of which are using "cb7tuner" in their name (and I am doing my best to get shut down...)

They're all the same. Same people, same laziness, same self-entitled attitudes. Same irritable oldschool tuners telling people the right way to do things over and over, and getting ignored or insulted for it each time.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      There are a ton of CB7 groups... many of which are using "cb7tuner" in their name (and I am doing my best to get shut down...)

They're all the same. Same people, same laziness, same self-entitled attitudes. Same irritable oldschool tuners telling people the right way to do things over and over, and getting ignored or insulted for it each time.
      Dang, I had no idea there were so many. We made a group a loooong time ago specifically for CB7tuner.com, but it has expanded way past that now.
      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Those groups are not even really worth it.

No real point in posting good info on there because it is so difficult to search.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
          Those groups are not even really worth it.

No real point in posting good info on there because it is so difficult to search.
          Agreed, my thought was more along the line of directing them here. This place is a wealth of knowledge. But along with them will be some trolls.
          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Lately, most of the people that I try to direct here say they don't understand how the site works. That boggles my mind! That, or it's "too hard to navigate". Or "I looked and couldn't find what I needed" (when they were asking how to swap in an H22A.)

I have yet to see a single new member sign up and say "somebody from a Facebook group said I should join." It may have happened, but still...

It's sad. The new generation of entitled kids demanding to be spoon fed, and so much of the information they're given on those groups is just flat-out wrong. It's like this site was a decade ago, when we were all still trying to figure things out.

Comment

It's sad. The new generation of entitled kids demanding to be spoon fed, and so much of the information they're given on those groups is just flat-out wrong. It's like this site was a decade ago, when we were all still trying to figure things out.
              That's the main reason... people are asking ridiculously simple questions that can be found in the wealth of knowledge on this site (and thanks for keeping it running!). I also preferred the old layout to the new one (I guess by now it's not new), but this place used to be very active. I spent way too much time on this site when I was younger.
              Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

The layout hasn't changed, aside from the addition of a few extra subforums (beginner forums, premium forums, member shops...) since 2005! I've always been afraid to change the software. It's old as dirt, but it's stable. Stability problems have plagued CD5tuner since the beginning, so I didn't want to see that happen here!
                This site is going to exist as long as the internet does I have no intentions of ever shutting it down. If I ever decide I don't want to do it anymore, I'll simply hand it over to someone who will do it right.
                The unfortunate thing is that activity pays the bills. Without people visiting the site, it gets expensive real quick...

I STILL spend way too much time here I joined this site when I was 23... I'll be 35 on Wednesday.

Comment

I STILL spend way too much time here I joined this site when I was 23... I'll be 35 on Wednesday.
                  Happy Birthday!!
                  90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                  08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Speaking of the Facebook group, how long should it take for an admin to approve a request to join? Nothing like seeing someone taking credit for your hard work and not even being able to address it. I know the longer I have to wait the more pissed I'm going to become.

Comment

I just approved you Josh.
                      Originally posted by Mishakol129
                      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

Originally posted by dj_ender View Post
                        I just approved you Josh.
                        Thank you kind sir.

Comment

Lets take bets on how long Josh lasts on there without losing his mind!

Comment

Just glancing at what has come up in my feed for one day I'm like whoa.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
                              Just glancing at what has come up in my feed for one day I'm like whoa.
                              yeah dude, its an animal house. and not a fun one.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                              Current cars:
                              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                              X