How's it going around there? Someone tried to break into my account lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's it going around there? Someone tried to break into my account lol

So it's been QUITE the minute since I've been through here. Some asshat tried breaking into my account so I figured I'd stop in and say hello after resetting my password.

Hey man long time. Things are good here. How about you? How did you know they were trying to break in to your account.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Things are pretty good. Moved along the vehicle timeline a bit so to speak lol. Driving an 01 Lexus IS300 with some small plans. Got engaged last month so that's pretty awesome.

I got an email notification about them being locked out for 15 minutes. Figured I'd check in

Comment

WOW. I actually thought I was the only one that someone tried to log in to CB7T with my account name. I received an email saying there haas been failed login attempts. Maybe we should bring this up to Dev?

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
        My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
        Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

He's aware, not too long ago someone hacked a dead account and sent out a mass email about some cheap car parts

Comment

Some Chinese hacker has been going from account to account, trying to break in. As said, they got into one already.

Nothing we can do about it, since the IP address changes from one attempt to the next. All we can do is hope nobody else has a simple password!

I've gotten a flood of emails from people that say "I haven't had an Accord in 5 years. Delete my account." (note: I don't delete accounts.)

Comment

Don't delete my account! Lol. This is my first home as far as car forums go.

Comment

No worries. I never do. Not even spammers

Congrats on the engagement! I'm working on that myself (just need the ring...)
                The IS300 is an awesome car. Suspension is a little soft, and the power isn't the best... but that engine sounds absolutely amazing! My friend has one, and it's a really cool car.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  just need the ring...
                  To change topics....

You're moving along at a pretty good pace huh? I'm right around that moment myself. A few life issues need to resolve then I'll be right there with you.

I thought the IS300 was equivalent to the 3 series?
                  MRT
                  37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                  30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                  27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                  Originally posted by Tippey764
                  I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  sneaky motherfucker

Comment

off topic too, sorry.

but I too got engaged. It feels different(in a good way), and already my fiancee is acting different.

she went from a " hey baby can we go here", or "can we eat this".

to " we are going here, then here, then here, then here. " " youre going to pick me up from my model shoot ". etc. i joke around with her alot about the big differences, but a main thing, she seems more happier, and more comfty. which is a big plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo617 View Post
                      youre going to pick me up from my model shoot
                      I think I found the issue
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      Originally posted by deevergote
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Lol congrats guys. It's awesome because she's ecstatic about it, which is a goo feeling. Plus, no she doesn't get to argue about me paying for things when we're out and such. Even though we'll be keeping our finances mostly separate.

The IS300 was a whim when I worked one. It's not bad power wise. The 2jzge is like 200 ish crank and pulls well. It automatic unfortunately but I feel there is a gte in my future if I hang onto it long enough. The aristo gte bolts in and can be wired to the factory harness with some tweaking. Finding the funds for a manual swap on top of it is the issue. And the down time. It's already on tien coils so it's a little better. Still soft compared to the s chassis I'm used to.

Comment

Working...
                        X