Here's How Jon Sibal Imagines Tuning the New Acura NSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's How Jon Sibal Imagines Tuning the New Acura NSX

Jon Sibal isn’t your typical automotive illustrator, as many of his designs have crossed from the virtual realm of the internet into the real world, so when he presents a digital take, we take notice.

In this instance, he gave the newly introduced 2016 Acura (or Honda overseas) NSX a light tuning makeover with a lowered body, black out trims and alloy wheels, an extended front spoiler and cannards, and a rear wing. Subtle tweaks, but they seem to be on the right track.

It's far too early to know what Acura has planned, but we have a hunch that the tuning scene will display its proposals for the new NSX at the 2015 SEMA aftermarket show this fall, and who knows, maybe Sibal will have something in store for us.

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/02/her...uning-new.html
    FRIENDS
    DONT LET
    FRIENDS
    ROLL ON
    ROTA'S

When I first read about the turbos, the all-wheel-drive, and it being a hybrid, I was so against this car. I was so firm in believing it went against what an NSX should be.

But reading up on the production model, it so isn't. It's still a culmination of the best Honda can do - that is, after all, the point of a New Sports eXperiment. It's still focused on providing a superb experience for the driver. And it looks beautiful stock. Supposedly it'll be upwards of $150,000, with the Type-R likely topping 200. More than the GT-R, sure, but not outrageously priced. I can't wait to read the post-release reviews.

This "tuned" version looks sick too. Love the blacked-out bits.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

As much as i love honda, they kinda disappointment me on this. I really wish they wouldve made it a non hybrid and turbo. I can look past the automatic but he times have changed. I love the look of this. Honda did a great job. One other thing is the price tag, WAY to high. For the price they are aiming for and the HP levels theres far superior cars out there for that price. But we will see how it does when the time comes.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
        When I first read about the turbos, the all-wheel-drive, and it being a hybrid, I was so against this car. I was so firm in believing it went against what an NSX should be.

But reading up on the production model, it so isn't. It's still a culmination of the best Honda can do - that is, after all, the point of a New Sports eXperiment. It's still focused on providing a superb experience for the driver. And it looks beautiful stock. Supposedly it'll be upwards of $150,000, with the Type-R likely topping 200. More than the GT-R, sure, but not outrageously priced. I can't wait to read the post-release reviews.

This "tuned" version looks sick too. Love the blacked-out bits.
        This is exactly what I think about the new NSX too. I like how Honda is not making the next NSX a legacy model. This is a New Sports eXperiement. The one thing they truly have in common is giving Ferrari's a run for their money.

Comment

Working...
        X