CB7 Convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB7 Convertible

This popped up on cardomain. I searched for other posts on cb7 convertibles and didn't see any recent posts. (sorry if this is a re-post).

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/731987...rd-ex-sedan-4d

I often wondered how he would repair anything on the front end when you fab the bumper to the body like that (no seams). Assuming he cannot get to his headlight bolts, or other hardware you access when you remove the front bumper. I suppose it wouldn't be road legal as it has no tail-lights. Mad props for his design though.

More than likely, this car doesn't even see the highway other than in an enclosed trailer. This is obviously strictly a show car.
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Not convertible.

Comment

I bet that car would crack in so many places if he tried to go over a speed bump......

Comment

I've seen that car in person. At one point, the owner lived in Idaho. It was a show car, but no trailer queen. He was with another guy with a highly modded Accord, if I remember correctly, they both had air ride. If you look, the doors are welded shut, ya just Dukes of Hazard that shit.

Comment

Just.....no.

It has some design cues I like on it, but the overall idea as a whole....not my thing. I particularly like the spoiler and the cut down speedster windshield.

It was done right and done well, but it's not my style at all.

Comment

Why is it guys with that kind of skill can never make good looking cars. It looks like shit even though the work is good.
              '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

I know, I don't get it.

I just don't get the whole show car thing anyways.

Comment

hahah very creative....if they keep the car stance or decent to look at from the naked eye.....but so far...not liking how it looks
                  VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
                  1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
                  MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

I like it looks tough actually.
                    wrong hood, wheels and paint scheme.
                    could make it look menacing easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Xsjado View Post
                      I like it looks tough actually.
                      wrong hood, wheels and paint scheme.
                      could make it look menacing easily.
                      i get the feeling that if this car did look menacing everyone would love it. Personally I'd agree with that too. Its kind of has that "Toys R' Us" look to it.

& ya, it is not a convertible. Never thought of that when I posted.

Comment

Someone posts about this car about once every 6 months. I'm pretty sure it's been sold a few times now, as well.

As usual, everyone bashes it because it's done up as an extreme show car. The loud paint, extreme bodywork, air ride, and huge chrome wheels are all pretty much required for such a vehicle.

For what it is, it is very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                          Someone posts about this car about once every 6 months. I'm pretty sure it's been sold a few times now, as well.

As usual, everyone bashes it because it's done up as an extreme show car. The loud paint, extreme bodywork, air ride, and huge chrome wheels are all pretty much required for such a vehicle.

For what it is, it is very well done.
                          Ya. How long you figure it would take someone to make a OEM CB7 look like this? Too bad there are no engine bay photos

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                            Ya. How long you figure it would take someone to make a OEM CB7 look like this? Too bad there are no engine bay photos
                            All depends on hoe much money, time and know how you've got.. and how hard you go at it.
                            92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
                            2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
                            2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

The skill level of the person doing the work, and the tools and facilities at hand will be a big factor in cost and time. Also, the thoroughness with which the car is done matters as well. Removing the roof is the easy part. Reinforcing the rest of the car so it won't twist itself to pieces is where the difficulty lies. No doubt that's why the doors were welded shut. There are probably extra bars welded through the doors for added rigidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X