excalibur02 : 1992 Accord 2.0Si-T Automatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

excalibur02 : 1992 Accord 2.0Si-T Automatic

Well here we are, this was my 1992 Accord 2.0Si-T 4 door sedan in Cobalt Blue Pearl with a stock F20A DOHC and automatic transmission. Yes it's automatic... I owned this car for about almost 8 months. I wanted to convert it to manual, however I ended up trading the car. Back story real quick is that, I contacted the importer Jose Alvarez aka Vistec-R-Imports through Facebook. A local guy I knew had imported a mini truck from him so I figured I would trust him and give it a shot. I contacted Jose December of 2016. I knew that by 2017 I could import a 1992 JDM CB since the car would be 25 years old to make it exempt under the DOT and EPA regulations. Jose has imported higher end vehicles from Skylines, Civics, and Toyotas. I told him that I was looking for a specific model. I wanted a 1992 CB3 but it has to be the 2.0Si-T model. He took on the challenge and said he would love to import another rare vehicle. Within 2 weeks of contacting him he found me this model through car auctions in Japan. He sent me the auction pictures and I said YES lets do! The car left Japan the end of December 2017. I picked up the car the first week of March 2018 at the Newark/Elizabeth NJ port. Since it was still winter I left the car sitting for a month so I didnt expose the car to snow or salt. Now while this car was on the ROR ship from Japan in February 2017, Jose contacted me again. He said you will not believe this. I just found another 1992 CB3 2.0Si-T 4 door sedan in Grenada Black with a 5speed manual transmission! I was in disbelief and said "damn it, I should have waited!". He jokingly said if I wanted to buy another CB3. I said no I can't. then I jokingly said would you trade the auto for the 5speed. He did not hesitate and said "yeah sure let's do it, you should have the car you always wanted". I held ownership of the automatic CB3 until July 2017, where I show cased it at Honda Fest in Thompson Raceway in CT.

Auction Pictures

Shipyard/ Post Auction Pictures

Last edited by excalibur02; 02-07-2020, 02:46 PM.

Elizabeth/Newark NJ port pictures

Finally Home

Last edited by excalibur02; 02-05-2020, 12:56 AM.

Comment

July 2017 Honda Fest Thompson, CT

Met HondaPro Jason again and he introduced the Si-T to the world

Pictures that others took at the show

I'm in the red FFC shirt

After the show I met with the importer Jose Alvarez of VistecRimports to give him back this car. We agreed on a even trade for this Si-T automatic for the Si-T manual he found for me.

These are the pictures he took to sell it.

Last edited by excalibur02; 02-07-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Last edited by excalibur02; 02-07-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Last edited by excalibur02; 02-07-2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

a

That is all the pictures I have. These pictures of the shoot were again from my importer Jose Alvarez from VistecRimports.

As you see now I do not own this automatic CB3 anymore. I has changed ownership about 3 times more after I traded it in. I believe it's in good hands now.
            Last edited by excalibur02; 02-07-2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Can’t wait to hear the rest of this story!
              ~Nick~
              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

All those JDM parts! haha. Thanks for taking all the detail shots.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I've been looking forward to the thread on this car. It looks immaculate.

Comment

Wow
                    Back in 2011 when I bought my cb7 your blue cb7 was inspiration for how I wanted to build mine.
                    I cant wait to see what you do with this sweet cb
                    Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
                    93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Working...
                    X