Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Help me identify this motor please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me identify this motor please

So I got this motor awhile back for dirt cheap. I have tried to figure out what head especially this is. So from what I know it came out of a 93 prelude that they swapped an f20b into. I was told it's a "jdm" block and no one knew what the head is.
    USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_154128 3428169.jpg_1541283432373 by TwinStealth, on Flickr
    Accord by TwinStealth, on Flickr
    These are the only numbers I could really find on it.

I am 80&#37; sure that is an f22b block DOHC NON VTEC with an USDM H23a1 Head on it. Which if they did that head swap correct may have had to modify either the head and block an oil passage or the block.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

It ran and drove before they pulled it. So Im guess they did the oil passages but I can almost guarantee the combustion chamber doesn't line up with the cylinder walls then. I have looked on here a ton and it seams like this is just a bad idea. Im just curious if its worth putting in since my F22a1 is leaking/smoking like a freight train, well after 4 grand and on start up (sometimes).

Comment

its what it says. jdm f22b dohc. basically an h23 with iron sleeves. i had one in my coupe years ago. great engine.
        COUPE K24

Comment

I was told the head isn't the original head for the motor and couldn't find what the head actually is. I have found a lot about p13 heads (which is an h22 head) but nothing really on a p14 head. I'm assuming it's an h23 but would just like to confirm before I try to mess with this motor or take a buddy up on an a6 head and rebuilding my f22a.

Comment

P14 casting should be USDM H23A1. JDM F22B + JDM F20A DOHC are both PT2 castings.

Comment

Working...
            X