Farewell CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farewell CB7

So I've come to the end road with my cb7 and it's time to depart. It's only been a year but I've invested so much money into and I just feel like it's not going anywhere. I've decided to sell my little green machine and step up to something a little better. Ive found a CD5 coupe (MY96) that's manual and in excellent condition. It's got brown/ivory interior and a cheap catback exhaust that sounds amazing actually. I pick the car up next Friday.

That being said, I'll still be on the site. CD5tuner is pretty dead so, I prefer this site. Plus I just love the CB community. I'll find my way back into a CB again...probably within the next 2 years lol. I'll be done with college and should be an RN. Just thought id let you guys know.

HS aka Honda Society is your next friend.
    RETIRED...

Comment

I really need to fix CD5tuner properly so it can stop being dead! I feel I missed the prime membership period, sadly.

Honestly, I feel the CB is a better car than the CD. Everything always felt higher quality in the CBs I've owned and been in, when compared to the CDs my friends have owned (my best friend owned a 96 and a 97, both LX sedans... one manual, one automatic.)

Regardless, good luck! You're always welcome here, of course.

Comment

When I was younger my family had a 91 LX coupe and a 97 LX coupe. Both bought brand new. The CD felt significantly smaller in the rear seat, but that's about it. Im not really biased towards either car. The CB feels a bit sportier over the CD but I actually like the looks of the CD more. The curves just do it for me lol. I like the interior of the CD more than the CB tho. CB is really starting to show it's age now. That dashboards looks like it's out of the 80s compared to the CD which still looks current.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          I really need to fix CD5tuner properly so it can stop being dead!

Purdy pleassseeeee with cherry on top!
          RETIRED...

Comment

You haven't gone anywhere for real...just moved across the street.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

+1 on Deevergote fixing CD5tuner.com I also went from a CB7 too a CD5 and I feel like the outside design of the CB7/CB9 is cleaner and more timeless, glass headlights also keep CB's looking fresher. CD5 are safer and more modern in every way though and have more aftermarket support that is still active as well. I say CD5>CB7 but just because it is the more modern of the two I feel like CB's are more attractive outside but are showing their age mightily when you look at the inside of them. 3 box design is still so sexy too me though and I don't like the beltline on the CD5's at all unless they are a 96-97 coupe
              " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Yea I'm getting a 96 coupe. The 9697 CD5s are by far the better design of the generation. It looks more substantial and premium over the 9495 models. The CB is a very handsome vehicle pre-facelift and post-facelift. The CD is just in far better condition than my CB. can't really keep throwing money at it when school is about to start again soon.

Comment

Good luck with your new CD! I have a white 96 CD 5 spd with the same interior trim as the one you are getting. The interior is sensible and the addition on the two overhead lamps and the push button cup holder cover standard on LX models is a huge plus over the CB. I do have to agree that there is less room for rear seat passengers in the CD, and I'm not too thrilled with the placement of the OBD2 connector port, although that can probably be modified.

It's interesting, I have over the past year grown to like the IMO more aggressive exterior shaping of the 94-95 CD over the 96-97 CD, but I guess that mostly comes down to the lips, front bumper cover, and the rear taillights.

Overall, if I had to choose between a stock CB and CD and even CG in the same condition, I would have to take the CB, mainly for the engine (I don't like the F22B head, and although F23A torque is great, F22A consistency is the best), simplicity, timeless exterior styling, and driver experience.

Post some pictures when you pick it up !
                  *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                  ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                  ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                  "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                  Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                  The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                  Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I pick the CD up this Friday and just sold my cb Saturday, fog lights and all. I told the guy he should have it towed but he drove it an hour away to his he so guess it was in better condition than I thought.

I think this will be a really nice step up for me, plus it's a 5 speed. I was getting really tired of autos. I think if I was given the same choice of choosing between mint 4th,5th and 6th gens, I too would choose the 4th gen. It'd have to be a coupe though. I'll be sure to post some pics up when I pick up the car though. Friday just can't get here fast enough.

Comment

So far I'm really liking my CD5, just got an CEL today for my EGR Sensor (i think) Reading codes on this car is slightly different from the CB. I had 2 other images but they don't seem to be uploading on here properly

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Last edited by ThatOneAccord; 06-28-2014, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Yep, that is the same interior as mine! The 5 speed makes the difference and I understand why you went for the CD. I sold my 2000 civic AT with 135K for a '99 CG5 5 speed with almost 272k because I was just done with the automatic. The CG5 was in better condition than the civic, but still, even with all those extra miles, the 5 speed is just worth it to me.

You said that its different reading codes on the CD versus the CB. Do you have an OBD1 Honda reader? If so, I've been looking for one and would love any information you have regarding finding one of these.
                        Last edited by af_1132; 06-29-2014, 03:40 AM.
                        *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                        ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                        ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                        "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                        Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                        The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                        Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

When I mean the codes are different, it's like when I jump the service connector the blinks are not rapid like on the CB, then slow for long codes. It's a medium speed flash, followed by rapid flashes. Its just slightly different.

Yea the 5 speed does make the difference in the car. Automatics are good and comfortable but I'm so tired of them. The manual is so much for fun. The interior on this car is almost in brand new condition. If the car had floor mats the interior would be a 10/10

Comment

Working...
                          X