Mike1357 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
    Front canards (I've also heard then called dive planes). In motorsports they're used to help aerodynamically tune the front end, similar to a front splitter. For me, honestly, it's basically a look thing.
    And looks great Mike.
    RETIRED...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1357 View Post
      Front canards (I've also heard then called dive planes). In motorsports they're used to help aerodynamically tune the front end, similar to a front splitter. For me, honestly, it's basically a look thing.
      Ya I was just curious what they were, never seen anything like that before on a CB.

They do look pretty cool.
      MRT http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=202004
      1992 Accord EX(Canadian)Seattle Silver sedan

Comment

Thanks Trev.

I've rarely seen them on CB's and my fab skills aren't the greatest so when I saw Top1Motors had a kit I jumped on it. Up until now they were pretty much one off custom parts.

Comment

I think you're the first one to buy these. I saw a cavalier with a splitter today. I laughed

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
          It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
            I think you're the first one to buy these. I saw a cavalier with a splitter today. I laughed
            No he has to know that he's not the first person to rock canards on a CB7. One of my favorite builds had some on for a while samjr0044 <---link to his MRT

Not my personal taste, but at least is a valid attempt to be different than the rest.
            Last edited by SanJoCaF22DrAcc; 02-16-2014, 03:36 PM.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
            MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

I know full well I'm not the first. There's a guy down here with a dark green CB that has some custom canards that he made himself on it; the ones I have are made by the same company that made samrjr0044's. His thread actually turned me on to the manufacturer. I'm looking forward to seeing their rear diffuser when it comes out (though the price might be a bit to swallow).

I know I'm starting to tread into territory where some won't like what I've done with it, but this is the direction I've kind of always wanted to go with it. I've passed the point where I can still do the mods that every CB owner does; its time to cut a new path, and maybe inspire a few folks along the way. Ronald Type R is quite possibly the biggest influence and inspiration for me since my early days of joining. I can only hope I get to that level some day.

Comment

i like you CB, where did you get the vent? i've been surfing the web and can never find a post that is current from someone selling them.
                FRIENDS
                DONT LET
                FRIENDS
                ROLL ON
                ROTA'S

Comment

you should put a set on the back bumper too just turn the front set backwards but more level and high on the back bumper. be like some side spoliers
                  Last edited by accord2nr81; 02-17-2014, 11:54 AM.

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                  Originally posted by deevergote.
                  But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

I found the hood vent on eBay. There's other places you can get them but that's the quickest option. Just keep in mind you have to cut the ever living he'll out of your hood to install it.

The canards have a custom cut on them to match the front bumper perfectly. I'm probably going to swap out my rear lip for a rear diffuser when it comes out.

Comment

Had a small car show I attended today.

Last edited by Mike1357; 02-24-2014, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Shes looking good thats a nice deck too...
                        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Thanks. I'm enjoying the head unit so far. Still have to play with the internal crossover a bit though.

Comment

Car looks pretty aggressive with the vent and canards. Keep it up! You ever plan on paint matching the hood and grill?

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Thanks. I don't know if I'll paint match either. I like the contrast it adds, but I haven't seen it matched so I wouldn't know how it would look. I might paint it in a higher quality semi gloss though.

Comment

Here's my latest mini-project.

I painted the design on using a vinyl sticker I had custom cut for a masking. The red was lightly scuffed for the white to adhere and once the white has cured I will scuff that and lay some clear on it. Once the clear has cured it'll be time for a sand and buff.

Comment

Working...
                                X