No announcement yet.

P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front UCA's hitting the inner strut towers is common when you lower our cars. I wouldn't cut the shock towers, unless you know someone with some good welding skills. 2 things you can do. 1-beat out the area where the contact is being made with a heavy mallot. Or 2-throw in some - camber.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

kk, I'll beat it out tonight im gonna see if i'm rubbing on my fenders anymore. dude. its soo. good. I'll upload pics sometime but its literally a line in the photo
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Where'd you get your fogs? Are they easy to install?

Comment

my OEM fogs I found on eBay. There are some 92-93 OEM fogs floating around in the classifieds still, since no one is picking them up. I had the OEM wiring harness, so in terms of hooking it up it was very straightforward, it was just the routing of the harness was a pain in the butt, especially the one in the cabin. and of course, the part where you have to feed it through this dinky little hole by the ECU.

I'm not too keen on wiring, so my brother had installed my AFTERMARKET fogs. screwed the bracket in a spot that I liked on the bumper, and then he wired it up.

if you're knowledgeable about wiring (I believe there are DIYs on this forum to wire up your own harness, or at least a wiring diagram) then you will be able to do it with some planning. If you however pick up the OEM harness, it takes the thinking out of much of it and all you have to do is worry about the installation.

BTW, cutting the holes for your OEM fogs is gonna be very hard without an OEM bumper, which has the lines marked out for where to cut. Whenever you do cut, you must be very careful to not cut more than you need to, otherwise you'll have jagged edges and fat gaps. take your time, i cant stress that enough.

Comment

Oh yeaaahhh EXHAUST LEAKKK!!! Center console is on fiyaahhh and it whistles under pressure.

Catalytic Convertor might be clogged... it's about time I changed it. While I go to the muffler shop imma ask and see if they can install my Apexi WS2 muffler as well, and set my exhaust up for my DC header and downpipe.

I lowered the spring perches on my H&R cup kit, so now they're ready to go in tomorrow, and i'll be at the proper low height with non-blown shocks

pulled out my spark plugs today to stick shop towels in the holes and suck out all the sludge that tends to build up in there. lower valve seals are probably done for, but i'm not to knowledgeable of how to get in there so it will have to do.

Need to get new UCAs, front and back. they're old and the balljoints are all going bad. I'm thinking of picking up the TASAUTO suspension restoration kit, comes with FUCAs and RUCAs, plus front lower balljoints for $180 about. It may be aftermarket OE, but it's definitely better than what I have in there now

Comment

Car looms good man....I like it
              1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
              2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

Thanks! I finished up installing my front suspension, and the handling characteristics are soooo OP xD even with the H&R cup kit on full soft, i can handle bumps and dips on the road so well, I no longer bottom out on the two trouble spots i had on the road to my house, and with the neuspeed bar (I figured out how to actually install it by myself easier... its still not EASY though ) it responds almost instantly to any sudden turns I make. Hopefully these new shocks will help me alleviate my UCA hitting the wheel well problem. I also banged out as much as I could, but theres not much space to do anything in there when the control arm's in the way. I painted the area white so if it still hits i'll know.

tomorrow I'll be hitting up the muffler shop to install my exhaust and get some new pipings and stuff, so yep. tonight I'm clearing out my trunk so tomorrow I can just drop in my rear suspension within a few hours.

Comment

ive been debating on the cup kit or type 1s
                  1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
                  2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

way i installed my ns bar was by raising the car up with a jack to be able to move the uca while installing the bar

Comment

I chose the cup kit because the type 1s were out of my price range. I was able to get a smashing good deal on the cup kit new, and so I hopped on it. it gets about a 1 1/2 finger gap up front on lowest perch. I haven't installed the rears yet.

type 1s are supposedly real nice too, but without dampening adjustability T_T

mitsu, at one point i was on top of my engine bay pushing down on the middle of the bar to have it flex outward so the ends could reach the control arms I had the car on the ground when I was doing it.

APEXI WS2 IS IN. with Magnaflow resonator. :3 yes. and new cat as well, since my old one was (quote) "pretty fucked up"

Comment

it's funny, it's not really my style yet im strangely attracted to it. nice cb bro, i like it.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

thanks! it's funny you say that, because I also have a side of me that wants to tune and build the hell out of the F motor as well, and when I look at yours and carlos' builds, I'm envious to the max everything in your build is fantastic, and what I would love to do to my car as well

Comment

Damn... sticky diljoe was in the area my car was taking pictures... he just needed to turn right and maybe he would've spotted something that would've rekindled his fondness of CBs. ;~;

BLOX WHY YOU GOTTA PUT MY CAR IN THE SHITTY BACK, NEXT TO A BUNCH OF SUBARUS THAT TAKE ALL THE ATTENTION!!!

I'm kind of bitter from the show. T_T The winners were all staple cars, and many of them were even repeat winners. I got looks from fellow CB7 people, and questions as well from people who were genuinely curious and appreciative of a VIP Accord COUPE (my fellow neighbors at the parking lot, a freshly bought subaru impreza and a 8th gen civic coupe). But lots of typical bandwagoners in my area beelined to the subarus.

Jaded. You won't see me enter another show again until I'm fully done with the car, and even then I doubt I'll win because of how skewed judging is. I might test with local car shows, but. bleh. BLOX would be cool if it was a weekend trip, but go to compete with a CB? The dream comes crashing down unless your car is absolutely flushed, flawless, has a swap, expensive as hell... and lets not forget. right hand drive T_T

meh, I still plowed through speedbumps like a champ though

Comment

on a happier note, I GOT MY AC RECHARGED. IT IS BALLS COLD.

Very cold. brrrr. :3 made my sweat freeze over.

Comment

sad truth about car shows, you have to know someone to be noticed.btw parking in the back sucks. you go to blox with the intentions of a meet if you come out with more then that's all the better. just do what you're doing with your car, don't change it up for someone else.you're building the car for yourself and not others

Comment

Working...
                                X