No announcement yet.

P5ylance : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone else before me mentioned that "its the small custom things you do to your car that set you apart" and I gotta agree with that mofo lol... wish I had some sort of creativity lol.. I still haven't installed that stupid maplight! Its just sitting in my room!
    Anyway I'm going to pretty much copy some of your stuff lol.. the rear pillar lights are dope.. have you installed extra trunk lights as well? You know, like the integra trunk lights.. I gotta dig those up as well so I can install em... keep up the cool work son...

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
      whenever I do decide to cut my bumper I will run the USDM foglights for daily use, and the JDMs are reserved for like... fancy occasions and meets. pretty sure they both can work on the USDM brackets, right?

I noticed some of the tabs on the JDM brackets are shorter than the USDM ones. does that mean you need the USDM brackets for our bumpers or something?
      You're going to hate removing and reinstalling the bumper for every occasion lol. I've pulled my front bumper twice, and I highly recommend having one person to help you reinstall/realign the bumper to get the gaps just right.

Also, don't overtighten the bumper bolts. After I wired my fog lights, my dad assisted me in putting the bumper back on. He's a burly guy - and managed to partially strip one of the 4 bumper bolts.

Also, I do believe the JDM brackets will not line up with the USDM bumper threads. Don't quote me on this last one - I've only heard of this and have not seen it first hand.
      Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
      2005 Acura TSX 6MT
      2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Freshagen View Post
        since your not dumped in the rear, use the washer trick. saves u a hand full of cash :TU:

curious.. what made you want to get the anchor bolt kit?
        Yup, i'll be doing the washer trick, in fact... ingalls sells the washer trick as their rear camber kit so i might just pick that up since i'm ordering my kits all together.

I chose the anchorbolt because it made the most sense to me, in terms of installation and functionality. The balljoint is practical, but pressing out a balljoint and pressing a new one in into a 20 year old UCA would stress out the metal too much and I'm afraid if it cracking. Another member on here had that experience, and deevergote is leery of that as well.

Originally posted by loup05 View Post
        Someone else before me mentioned that "its the small custom things you do to your car that set you apart" and I gotta agree with that mofo lol... wish I had some sort of creativity lol.. I still haven't installed that stupid maplight! Its just sitting in my room!
        Anyway I'm going to pretty much copy some of your stuff lol.. the rear pillar lights are dope.. have you installed extra trunk lights as well? You know, like the integra trunk lights.. I gotta dig those up as well so I can install em... keep up the cool work son...
        it was "hostile" I met him the day i purchased his foglights cool guy! duuude, i guess while you're waiting you should pull out some cardboard at least and make a template that's the first thing you wanna do. yeah man, go for it! use all the ideas you want the rear pillar lights are ultra bright with my new LEDs in them, when i tell my friends to turn them on they get smacked in the face with light I haven't done the trunk lights yet though i have the template cut out for them though! thanks, and thanks for following up on me buddy

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
        You're going to hate removing and reinstalling the bumper for every occasion lol. I've pulled my front bumper twice, and I highly recommend having one person to help you reinstall/realign the bumper to get the gaps just right.

Also, don't overtighten the bumper bolts. After I wired my fog lights, my dad assisted me in putting the bumper back on. He's a burly guy - and managed to partially strip one of the 4 bumper bolts.

Also, I do believe the JDM brackets will not line up with the USDM bumper threads. Don't quote me on this last one - I've only heard of this and have not seen it first hand.
        haha damn, then... iono maybe they'll just be like a trophy :3 and i'll only use them for show shows. awww but they're so amazing and I wanna use em daily! but i HATE THIEVES >:[

oh yeah, and true on the brackets, i put them next to each other and the metal tabs on the JDM brackets are shorter than USDM ones. I don't know what to do with the JDM brackets, maybe if i get a JDM bumper?????? naaaaah
        blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Hey mate, the CL seats and vigor are bolt on? any gaps in the rear seat?

1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Mat Black] Sold
          1992 Accord EX-R Coupe [Rosewood]

Comment

Originally posted by kosheen1 View Post
            Hey mate, the CL seats and vigor are bolt on? any gaps in the rear seat?
            The vigors are ALMOST bolt on. You'll need to remove the vigor seat rails and replace them with accord seat rails. If you don't plan on using your old seats again, you can take the rails off your seats and install them on the vigors (for coupes though, iono what to do with the side lever) I'm currently using sedan rails on my vigors (because i didn't wanna fiddle with the side lever) and its kinda cumbersome to use since the sedan rails don't recline forward as far as coupe rails, nor do they go forward as far. I will be trying to replace my sedan rails with coupe rails sometime.

the CL seat cushion (the bottom) hooks in properly, and you just need to bend this metal tab a little bit so it lines up with a bolthole and you can bolt it down. the backrest however, just sits there, pressfitted in. just set the backrest in there, you'll understand how to install it when you see it if you brake hard, theres a chance the backrest might come out and go forward, so if there are no passengers in the back i like to buckle up the seat so it won't fly forward. It's not a safety risk, really, since if the seat is flying forward, then your passengers have already gone out the window.

the gap in the rear seat is only on the sides of the seat cushion, about an inch on each side. you'll only notice it since i told you about it, but after a while you'll get used to it. it makes no difference, really, it still looks like it belongs.

Comment

Went to the Norcal Lollicup Meet in Roseville, CA met up with SanJoCaF22DrAcc and another CB7 owner, Dan.

And I know someone has been waiting for this picture... so here is my Junction Produce + G-Square Grille and eyelids

Comment

Three white CB's

Lilly is sooo CLEAN. It's so subtle yet far from stock. You need a VIP badge on that thing. Glad to finally meet some one from the forums.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                  And I know someone has been waiting for this picture... so here is my Junction Produce + G-Square Grille and eyelids
                  Thats me i guess Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
                    Lilly is sooo CLEAN. It's so subtle yet far from stock. You need a VIP badge on that thing. Glad to finally meet some one from the forums.
                    thanks a lot sanjo! when I saw your car i was excited as hell, I was so stoked to see it, and I canNOT believe that's original paint! so clean! I'm impressed with all the under-hood stuff, the progress on it is amazing

I do have some HOA badges, and some Toyota Crown c-pilllar badges which I wanted to put on, i might put them on after i get a new paint job which will be farrrr down the line

Kosheen, yup! hope you like! if you want more pictures of it, lmk

Comment

Lollicup meet 7-24-2011

I got a good one of Lilly

Last edited by SanJoCaF22DrAcc; 07-26-2011, 10:50 PM.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
                      MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Nice pic, does the emblem hold in there good? have you took it on the highway or you just plan on swapping it on events, etc?

Ps: Lilly doesnt seem to be asking for a new paint... looks flawless from where im siting :P

Comment

omaagaaawwww, your camera's hellla goooood thanks! I haven't seen a pic of my HIDs since i first got them

Originally posted by kosheen1 View Post
                          Nice pic, does the emblem hold in there good? have you took it on the highway or you just plan on swapping it on events, etc?

Ps: Lilly doesnt seem to be asking for a new paint... looks flawless from where im siting :P
                          The emblem is bolted in it held in well on the highway, but until I get it professionally painted, along with the myriad of other parts I have waiting to get painted (spoilers, my lip kit, any and all grilles, my sedan trunk, stuff), It's only going on during meets and such, to keep it in as best condition as possible. spraypaint off the shelf doesn't hold up very well to stray rocks, from my experiences

also, since I go to college and I park for long periods of time, I tend to get anxious about my car being open to the public without me nearby, so none of my really awesome/rare parts are going on until after college yes, i know. so sadz, but i'm very protective of my baby :3 just gonna have to wait til my paintjob and then you'll see all my parts installed could be 3 years or less.

yeaaaah, her sides are REALLLY amazing those are my favorite pictures lol. but there's a fat chip on top of my roof from a paint crack that got blasted open by my stupid coworker and a pressure hose >_o' he thought it was bird poop. and theres some teeny tiny rust strips (not very big, just signs of it) showing up here and there, trunk area, up on my roof and near where the glass panels are. theres a crack in the paint right at the corner of rear quarter glass on the C-Pillar, anddd... yeah. I figured, i'm getting a bunch of parts painted, so I would invest in getting my whole car re-painted WHITE WITH SILVER PEARL. > or Glacier Frost Mica, from the Lexus.

Comment

I know what you feel. My car does attract ppl attention and not that i dont like it but i'm scared of what they could have behind their heads... Or even just a mistake and they break something or scratch the paint or anything...

Someone scatched my bumper at work... as its a free parking they can park anywhere they want. Nice hit and run or did they even noticed they hit me? good thing insurance are there. Now i park it on the side of the parking so there only one person who can park next to me so i reduce chance of getting it scratched again by 50%. Not as much as i would like but still...

Comment

yeahhh... we dunno what they're thinkin', whether or not they're good or if they have bad intentions.

I'm considering engraving my parts, or at least carving out my name in my stuff, too

yeahh!! I feel you on the parking spots, haha I try to park in those cove spots as well like next to trees and stuff, to reduce the chances of idiots parking next to me

Comment

here you go p5ylance

mmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X