Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by Boost_Lee View Post
      shes lookin good
      I like this.

thanks lee!
      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Big Blog Entry, First post of the New Year!

I finally got a replacement set of good condition used shift solenoids, because I've been having issues with the torque converter locking and unlocking. first day, there have been no issues with it doing it, but I'm gonna continue keeping my fingers crossed for the problem surfacing again. I haven't replaced the lower ones yet because I don't have garage space to park my car and get under my car, so I just replace the top ones.

I used to think, "why the hell is the IAB plate set to open at 4,500RPM when my car won't even get to 4200RPM before shifting into the next gear?" with the new solenoids, I noticed that I could now easily get to 4500RPM and as far as 5000RPM at WOT before it would decide to shift to the next gear. It's more responsive and picks up speed far better than before, and it doesn't do that annoying thing that it used to do when i would gun it from 70mph and it would drop my RPMs (because the TC wasn't locking/unlocking how it should). Now, when I go WOT from 70, my RPMs drop for a split second and then immediately after go UP and I now have the power I need to pass someone up.

All in all, for $38, I'm very happy that my car is running much better now. Thanks to the new shift solenoids, i'm more confident that my next discussed upgrade will now benefit greatly and will feel incredible when driving/passing people up:

H23 Intake Plenum Swap
        Yes, I'm doing it again. First time around, the FITV valve was busted after much diagnosing. In my frustration to figure out the problem, I removed the plenum, went back to my A6 plenum and contemplated selling off my H23 plenum. I began to think, "as much as I want to put this grimy chapter past me, I put way too much money (i consider 2 sets of gaskets, vacuum hoses, some tidbits, and other misc. stuff, AS WELL AS the time, cuz time equals money, quite pricey) into this swap to just sell it off and barely break even after all is said and done. So I decided to keep it, so that one day when I had some extra money and time I would pull it back out and re-install it.

I was able to get a replacement FITV valve from one of our member's buddy here, and at a price that I could afford, which re-ignited my desire to do this project once again. with a new valve, and a better understanding of the area in the engine bay, I'm ready to get this re-installed and give Lily a better, bigger lung just one.

New Kit: Xenon Aggressive Design Full Lip Kit

I was surfing craigslist, and I came across a full kit at a fraction of the cost! never installed, never painted, it remained in the box because the previous owner had crashed up their car and never had a chance to put this on. Needless to say, I knew i would never buy the kit at the price it goes for online, so i HAD to jump on this sale. I bought it with the intention of only using the side skirts and scrapping the front and rear bumpers for some extra spending money for a replacement engine/swap, or pay off my new flushmount, but after a while I realized that legend lip wouldn't be aggressive enough to match the side skirts. its also not as thick as the XA side skirts, sooo it would look slightly off. And I started getting that little bug telling me to "just do it." I searched up member "Takeda" and his ride with the xenon aggressive kit, and only a couple other people on this forum have the XA kit or parts of it. I could never find a good picture, or at least a picture of what i wanted to see, though. I wanted to see what the kit looked like, on a coupe. Thanks to F20A CB7, I finally made the decision to keep the full kit, and go with it As far as I know, this is the only kit I know of thats still available and in polyurethane, so I want to be an example of how this kit can look on VIP applications (i'm gonna close up the vent holes somehow and smooth it out) to those that might want one or want to go this route and are looking for options.

I'm still iffy on the rear bumper lip though, so I'm still on the lookout for that lancer OZ Rally Rear Lip. '01 generation. otherwise imma have to mod the rear bumper lip to show the cd rear bumper lights i want to install

This is the kit:

And this is my inspiration:

^Side-by-side, similar!

Lexus LS400, Old-School VIP when exaggerated lips and mufflers and all that stuff were more mainstream than the current VIP style. The xenon kit sorta resembles it, and with some work I can turn the race-inspired design of the Xenon Aggressive into a big-lipped, VIP kit by filling up those holes.

Happy New Year!!!
        Last edited by P5ylance; 01-02-2011, 04:55 AM.

Comment

i love it man!

"Tucking tires and wires."
          The Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by J-specCb4 View Post
            i love it man!
            thanks bud!

So, I took my car out for a ride again, and holy shiiieet, I'M SO HAPPY I GOT NEW SHIFT SOLENOIDS. The power that was restored to my car feels amazing, and the car is so goddamn responsive to my throttle I can't help but think that something so simple to replace would bring out so much of Lily. I guess since the first time the solenoids started to mess up (half a year ago) it finally crapped out and I replaced it just in time. Hopefully this will bring back some MPG, since the transmission isn't in the wrong gear anymore.

I also went to the junkyard today, and after 2 years of scouring, I FINALLY FOUND A LEGEND COUPE LIP in my junkyard! I got impatient a year ago and bought a legend coupe lip off craigslist, but I knew I cheated myself and punked out when I did that. Even with that purchase, I said to myself I wouldn't leave it at just that. I never stopped, and I would never give up until I saw a Legend Coupe Lip with my own eyes in the junkyard that was waiting for me to pull it. There it was, on a white legend coupe, staring me in the face saying, "I'm here. TAKE ME."

I was on a time limit. only 10 minutes left before the junkyard closed, so I had to get it and go, FAST.

the previous owner put some 11mm bolts on it, but I didn't realize until 30 seconds after messing around with it trying to get my 10mm to fit. I knew I had to swap between 10mm and 11mm now, because he did that for 4 of em, and that would take up time setting up my wrench. Eventually, I was able to get it off, and i took that shizz and ran out there----

BUT IT JUST RAINED. the junkyard was soaked, and I wore the wrong shoes for the job: New Balance MESH running shoes. FAAACK!

I threw tires, floormats, anything i could find to build a pathway, but there came a point where it felt like elementary school playing OREGON TRAIL all over again. A puddle so big it might as well have been a lake. and it was 3 cars wide, and I had to go through if I was to make the time limit. I said, "screw it" and I took a dive and forded the river, and lost 52 bullets and 153 lbs. of meat in the process my feet were soaked, but with my legend coupe lip in possession, everything was alright. I made it in time to the clerk and purchased my legend coupe lip and left the junkyard.

MISSION COMPLETE: FIND LEGEND COUPE LIP IN JUNKYARD.
            Last edited by P5ylance; 01-02-2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

I also found some Acura Legend Wiper/Headlight Stalk Boots to install, LOVE EM!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...50#post2696250

Comment

New Tape Cassette Player, thanks to Joshy

AWESOME!

Legend Lip installed

Just washed my car after 3 months. rear quarter glass was polished today

Altstadts

Comments welcome

Comment

My pictures/photos will return soon...

Comment

Looking clean bro keep us updated
                    1991 Accord Sedan LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=173444
                    1991 Accord Wagon LX: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=209652

Comment

Your rims look amazing!!! And your plans with the kit are awesome!!! Can't wait to see it painted and installed!!!

Its gonna look awesome with those rims!!! Can't wait to see it start to take shape

Originally posted by slammed4thgen
                      be risky, be smart, and most of all be creative!

Comment

those rims look awesome

Comment

now lower the car some more so its herrafrush!

Comment

thanks everyone! alotta love for my rims, i see

Yeah, I want to go lower and get that flush look, but damn i need to practice more on speed bumps This year I do want to upgrade my suspension components, like replace all my bushings and get ST anti-sway bars (i just ordered a rear strut bar off eBay), but i think i've reached a point where anything more I do to my car, I won't feel safe leaving it parked outside. I'm very leery of these grimy thieves that are around... if and when I can safely park my car indoors, then more upgrades will commence. until then, I will collect parts and install over time

This year I'm focusing on suspension though, i wanna get my car refreshed up and driving comfortably on new bushings!

I'm even considering a big brake kit from TASAUTO, as well as the braided brake lines o_o probably later on down the road but those are now definitely on my to-do list. I want better braking power.

Comment

car keeps looking so bloody good man! cant wait to see pics of all your rare goodies on it. tell me, would you recommend thoes projector headlamps? saw similar items on ebay ages ago when i was on last. itd be fairly costly to get them here where I am, so i need your thoughts mate. cheers

Comment

3rd Photoshoot Picture Set - phAtPhotos

Went to a CaniBeat meet tonight, great turnout. And as always, the cops come and break up the group. Me and a couple friends left and a friend of ours started taking some pictures of our cars so you know what that means...

PHOTOSHOOT PICTURES!!!!

This is the 3rd set of photoshoot pictures, and boy... does Lily show the most progress in these shots! So I hope you all have fun checking out these pics, because I sure as hell did!

Special thanks goes to Ben of phAtPhotos for doing the shoot!

My First Fish-Eye Lens Picture:

Me and my friend, BlackROSE and Under Construction Car Crew

And my personal favorite:

BlackROSE.

Hopefully there are more pics on the way from this photoshoot, but otherwise... please enjoy these, fellow members!

PS: The Euro Clear Corners have kinda grown on me.
                                Last edited by P5ylance; 01-13-2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X